Mad survivors

Got called a couple of homophobic slurs by someone saying I body blocked them at the exit gate. I DID NOT body block them. Here's the short story:

We were at End Game and the killer was a Ghostface that happened to be running NOED. The survivor that was throwing slurs at me in my PSN messages, (yes, people actually take time to do that) was standing next to me at the exit gate as I was opening it. I managed to open the gate right as the killer got to us and mind you, we were both healthy and uninjured at the time. The Ghostface hits the other survivor directly next to me, activating NOED, so logically, the killer pushed me out of the gate before carrying the other survivor to the hook. The other two survivors were alive but they were chilling at the other exit gate across the map and left the hateful survivor to die. But if it were ME that got hit by NOED, I guarantee they wouldn't have said [BAD WORD] to me. I just blocked the person and moved on, don't need that noise coming my way.

TL;DR: Survivor gets mad at me for "body blocking" them after they got hit by NOED. If I had gotten hit instead, they wouldn't have said anything to me.

END STORY

Comments

  • I've had this happen to me a few times. Peoe get super salty because they were sacrificed, and it's like, what can I do? NOED is up, Exit Gate is open, and killer is on me. Do they honestly expect me to make a save right then and there? Even if I were the one to die, I'd rather everyone else get out and give the killer a 1k than have the entire team go down by being overly altruistic.

  • That is just the usual, eventually you will get used to it.

    Many toxic players actually take the time to do this after a trial, especially if they lost the match. The worst I've ever got was a Nea telling me that I should burn alive.

  • It do be like that sometimes.

  • @GeneralV said:

    That is just the usual, eventually you will get used to it.

    Many toxic players actually take the time to do this after a trial, especially if they lost the match. The worst I've ever got was a Nea telling me that I should burn alive.

    Sweet Entity, it's just a game. People really need to get out and see that there's more to life than just DbD.

  • @Viciusaurus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384198#Comment_2384198

    Sweet Entity, it's just a game. People really need to get out and see that there's more to life than just DbD.

    Sadly, we all know this is not going to change. That is why I always tell people to get used to it.

  • Even if you had body blocked them, it wouldn't be okay for them to use homophobic slurs. Aside from that... I honestly don't understand why people get mad in these situations. Nobody knew NOED was going to go off -- it's just one of those things that can happen at the last minute. You got lucky, he got unlucky -- it might feel frustrating from his POV, but it's not anybody's fault.

  • Report them. You can voice being upset with different words.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    Report them. You can voice being upset with different words.

    I suppose I could have on PSN, but I wasn't bothered by their words so I just let it go. It was already too late to in-game report them because I didn't read their messages until like 20 minutes after the match ended.