Will survivors ever "talk" ingame?
The only survivor dialogue that currently exists is Ash saying random lines in lobbies, what would we think if survivors started talking in game, on the campfire main menu screen or during the countdown of a match.
It could even go as far as being the pinging system people have been wanting for so long for solo, Meg whispering to a Claudette "go help x on hook" or something related to that.
I would doubt it ever being a thing as it wouldn't fit how we've played the game for 5 years but I just wanted everyones opinion on this.
Comments
It'd be interesting if we had Resident Evil Outbreak-esque adlibs. Comment on the situation (items you've found, info about the match, etc.), ask for help, say everyone's names, directional commands, etc.
Someone had a concept with Bill, if I am not mistaken.
It would be interesting, but I imagine there would be a few problems with licensed survivors.
Kiss my grits.
Although it would be nice, they'd probably have to replace some of the survivor VA's since I assume some of them don't work for BHVR anymore.
Personally, the lack of talking does not bother me in the slightest.
Mhm that's right, that's me baby.
Oh, look who's shittin' in the tall grass
Fairly certain the Devs said a blanket "no" early on. So far, Ash has been the only one to break that rule, but only in menu's and only because they felt he would be completely and utterly wasted as a lisence without it.
AFAIK devs said it wouldn't fit the theme of the game... while ignoring they fully endorse swf and coms.
I hope not. It would ruin whatever little atmosphere the game has left.
I've never seen the Devs mention any rules about killers talking
I doubt it.
However a system to whistle at Survivors might be a good idea. many times have I spotted a Survivor running wounded and I wanted to heal them but they were oblivious to me.