I've lost My DBD Drive.

Honestly. I am not trying to complain about anything but, it has gotten to the point where I feel like playing killer is a chore. I don't enjoy the game anymore. Its just a bunch of safe pallets where if you commit to a single chase you lose. If you don't slug you lose If you don't use tactics that people deem unfun which is not why I say it but we all know it salts up a survivor to be slugged or defended on hook :) I am just sayin the state of the high level killer game play is trash imo.

Comments

  • Take a break for a while and see how you feel.

    Whenever I get burned out but still feel like playing, I change up my playstyle. What I mean by that is that I run perks I never use before, or try sensory depravation (like listening to music while I play), or just do silly bs. The ranking system sucks at the end of the day, so forcing yourself to let go of it kind of takes a weight off and lets you enjoy the game in a different way. Just what I do.

  • @Apollos said:

    Take a break for a while and see how you feel.

    Whenever I get burned out but still feel like playing, I change up my playstyle. What I mean by that is that I run perks I never use before, or try sensory depravation (like listening to music while I play), or just do silly bs. The ranking system sucks at the end of the day, so forcing yourself to let go of it kind of takes a weight off and lets you enjoy the game in a different way. Just what I do.

    probably right. I took one day off of playing but I missed it lol. its one of those masochists' things you know. I love the punishment ahahah

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2379139#Comment_2379139

    probably right. I took one day off of playing but I missed it lol. its one of those masochists' things you know. I love the punishment ahahah

    Yeah, I hear you there, lmao. I'll go through one match complaining like nobody's business, and then go "time for round 2 ๐Ÿ˜Ž".

    It's just one of those games where sometimes suffering is part of the fun, but other times you just need to step back when it becomes too much.

  • I'm with you on this, the event for me just showed me everything I hate about this game and the way its community plays it. Wins felt hollow and losses felt aggravating, to the point where I would want to play, get on, play max 3 matches and just hate my time with the game and put it back down. I haven't even played in a couple days at this point. Guess I'll just put it down till the new killer is announced and if its actually good ill come back cause 1 more bad chapter and I think I'm putting this game down for at least a year hopefully forever.

  • It's annoying me too, you're actually forced to use at least a meta perk if you'd want a significantly better chance to play, but I HATE IT. I just want to use whatever I want

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    It's annoying me too, you're actually forced to use at least a meta perk if you'd want a significantly better chance to play, but I HATE IT. I just want to use whatever I want

    Something that really reframed the game for me was running unique perks for each survivor. I played Ash for a while only using his 3 unique perks and then a random fourth (usually Tenacity to buff Flip-flop). That was also before the recent increase in speed running tactics, but it still might be worth doing for a while to see how you feel.

    Even now, I always prioritize at least 1 or 2 unique perks on each survivor so that I avoid the usual BT/SB/UB/DS boring meta.

  • Honestly same, but for both sides.

    Just playing the game itself feels like a chore and I can hardly see myself in a relatively "chill" game. I've been running into many sweaty killers/survivors and it seems like I have to sweat almost every game considering optimization is far from great ATM (for console that is).

    Also, the 5th anniversary "event" is so plain and since it was a copy & paste from last year's, it built no hype for me at all. My interest for the game has been fading away and it's funny because I just recently (few days ago) noticed that I reached 4k hours on the game. This small milestone is just encouraging me to take a long break from the game.

  • Honestly same in general but not for the reasons. Killer is just dull, and it's getting to the point where games are either an utter curbstomp (bad map + actual deathsquad) or me steamrolling the other team, with no in-between. It's just boring.

    Survivor is absolute hell. Nothing about it is fun, nothing can make it fun right now, every time I press ready I prepare myself for an incredibly unfun experience. Even escaping isn't fun- the only part of survivor that's fun for me right now is the chase but since every killer is Nemesis, Pyramid Head (animation lock exclusive, nothing fun), Spirit, Sally Slugson Nurse, Slinger, and after the update Trickster too- I really cannot bring myself to be asked.

    So, ######### it. I'm taking a break right now- hopefully a long break, and I aim to return before the next chapter but at least a week after the midchapter (because ######### that).

    This game isn't fun but a couple other ones I'm playing right now are so sorry, DBD, but you're on the backburner.

    (Which sucks because I was actually looking forward to playing this game over my college holidays...)

  • This is why I'm waiting for MMR. I can just relax and play with/against people who play on the same level as I do when playing casually. Win or lose, it'll be relaxing.