Why do I play with exclusively red rank killers?

While playing with almost NO red rank survivors?

MMr is never going to come out is it? Quit pretending it is and fix the "current" matchmaking so it actually works. I've seen the numbers of people who are online. Why is doing this so impossible?

So tired of playinhg solo only to only ever play Rank 1 PC killers and then get paired with purple rank randoms. WHY? Where are all the red rank survivors?

Comments

  • I've been getting random red rank survivors, but I do get a lot of overpowered killers, some not even red ranks, that basically decide from the very start of the match that no one except them is allowed to play. They slug everyone even if they're doing everything but gens.

  • @Apollos said:

    I've been getting random red rank survivors, but I do get a lot of overpowered killers, some not even red ranks, that basically decide from the very start of the match that no one except them is allowed to play. They slug everyone even if they're doing everything but gens.

    I just don't get it. I always seem to get paired with randoms who have no business playing with the killer we got paired with.,

    Yet as killer its way different. Its as if SWF gets exclusively paired with OTHER SWF or something.

    Like how is my rank 8 killer always getting paired with really tough survivors? Then MY red rank survivor always gets paired with people who play horrible.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2379010#Comment_2379010

    I just don't get it. I always seem to get paired with randoms who have no business playing with the killer we got paired with.,

    Yet as killer its way different. Its as if SWF gets exclusively paired with OTHER SWF or something.

    Like how is my rank 8 killer always getting paired with really tough survivors? Then MY red rank survivor always gets paired with people who play horrible.

    It's different for everyone. It's always a relief when I get paired with someone in my league, but I usually tend to match with killers that play dirty or are just way too aggressive for my skill level. Essentially the same thing you're describing as killer.

  • My first match of the night last night involved green (me) and yellow rank survivors squaring off against a rank 2 killer. Needless to say it didn't end well for us. And sad to say just the opposite happens when I tackle killer. It usually involves my rank 16 killer squaring off against red rank survivors.

    I agree that they need to stop beating around the bush and tell us if MMR is indeed coming back. It's been over half a year since they announced the rework of the ranking system, and there's still no set date for when it all goes live.

  • Maybe am mistaken but I'm sure the devs indicated that the ranking is now more of a pip streak count for a given time period and not necessarily the sole number/variable used for matchmaking anymore. You might simply be matched against red rank killers simply cuz you already got gud and that makes you the best.

    Since you're the best that means everyone else, especially your teammates suck. It's just a fact there's only one winner (i.e. you) and theres a bunch of losers, (i.e. your teammates)

    Therefore, the devs mmr systems have deemed you worthy to lead a bunch of losers around all the hardcore sweaty killers in order to optimize your mad skilz

  • @PalletsAndHooks said:

    Maybe am mistaken but I'm sure the devs indicated that the ranking is now more of a pip streak count for a given time period and not necessarily the sole number/variable used for matchmaking anymore. You might simply be matched against red rank killers simply cuz you already got gud and that makes you the best.

    Since you're the best that means everyone else, especially your teammates suck. It's just a fact there's only one winner (i.e. you) and theres a bunch of losers, (i.e. your teammates)

    Therefore, the devs mmr systems have deemed you worthy to lead a bunch of losers around all the hardcore sweaty killers in order to optimize your mad skilz

    If thats true its broken. I've considered just that too. Its like MMR is on and they consider me a top notch survivor. Even though I am not the best survivor. My main contrubution is not being dumb wasting time and jumping onto gens and always trying to heal fast and let people heal me fast. I can decently loop though.


    Yet if thats the case. Why are my teammates random rank 13s or what not. Its super annoying I just want MMR to work because I feel like it coulkd make this game amazing.


    I MISS the days of 2018 when you would ACTUALLY have a match where all 5 playters were the same rank.

  • People actually want an mmr system? you think games are unfair now? Just wait till its a mash up of sweat fest its not going to get easier.

    Imagine your a killer that runs the best addons and a bunch of slowdown perks and generally 4k.

    Your going to get paired up with the same level of sweat on the other side. survivors that can loop well, dead hard for distance and deploy all the strats that aren't enjoyable.

    I don't think mmr is the salvation you think it is...

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2379069#Comment_2379069

    If thats true its broken. I've considered just that too. Its like MMR is on and they consider me a top notch survivor. Even though I am not the best survivor. My main contrubution is not being dumb wasting time and jumping onto gens and always trying to heal fast and let people heal me fast. I can decently loop though.

    Yet if thats the case. Why are my teammates random rank 13s or what not. Its super annoying I just want MMR to work because I feel like it coulkd make this game amazing.

    I MISS the days of 2018 when you would ACTUALLY have a match where all 5 playters were the same rank.

    It's not broken and it will include a wide range of ranks, if I'm not mistaken...the MMR is hidden from view. While it might not have the desired effect you want, the match making system in place should be functional.

  • @Psycho_ said:

    People actually want an mmr system? you think games are unfair now? Just wait till its a mash up of sweat fest its not going to get easier.

    Imagine your a killer that runs the best addons and a bunch of slowdown perks and generally 4k.

    Your going to get paired up with the same level of sweat on the other side. survivors that can loop well, dead hard for distance and deploy all the strats that aren't enjoyable.

    I don't think mmr is the salvation you think it is...

    If it works the way it COULD work


    Then you get streamrolled by those people. Then moved down a rank. Get steamrollled again. Until you land in the spot you actually belong in.

  • @Psycho_ said:

    People actually want an mmr system? you think games are unfair now? Just wait till its a mash up of sweat fest its not going to get easier.

    Imagine your a killer that runs the best addons and a bunch of slowdown perks and generally 4k.

    Your going to get paired up with the same level of sweat on the other side. survivors that can loop well, dead hard for distance and deploy all the strats that aren't enjoyable.

    I don't think mmr is the salvation you think it is...

    It may not be the salvation we all think it is, but anything would be better than what we have right now.

    Matchmaking is a common complaint across the board. It's so bad that I couldn't help but laugh when the developers asked in the anniversary reveal, for the veteran players to help welcome all the new players that would be coming into the game thanks to Resident Evil, since they would no doubt be paired against new players thanks to the lackluster matchmaking system.

    It might not be so bad if players had a way to practice outside of live custom matches, but a lot of people don't have a big list of people with which to do that, so they have to practice in live matches. And practicing mechanics that you're not familiar with against far more experienced players does not make for a great learning tool.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2379079#Comment_2379079

    It may not be the salvation we all think it is, but anything would be better than what we have right now.

    Matchmaking is a common complaint across the board. It's so bad that I couldn't help but laugh when the developers asked in the anniversary reveal, for the veteran players to help welcome all the new players that would be coming into the game thanks to Resident Evil, since they would no doubt be paired against new players thanks to the lackluster matchmaking system.

    It might not be so bad if players had a way to practice outside of live custom matches, but a lot of people don't have a big list of people with which to do that, so they have to practice in live matches. And practicing mechanics that you're not familiar with against far more experienced players does not make for a great learning tool.

    If it leads to faster perk balancing it would be amazing. idk if that's something they would even do however. MMR could be great, if they updated things faster.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2379079#Comment_2379079

    It may not be the salvation we all think it is, but anything would be better than what we have right now.

    Matchmaking is a common complaint across the board. It's so bad that I couldn't help but laugh when the developers asked in the anniversary reveal, for the veteran players to help welcome all the new players that would be coming into the game thanks to Resident Evil, since they would no doubt be paired against new players thanks to the lackluster matchmaking system.

    It might not be so bad if players had a way to practice outside of live custom matches, but a lot of people don't have a big list of people with which to do that, so they have to practice in live matches. And practicing mechanics that you're not familiar with against far more experienced players does not make for a great learning tool.

    Jesus Christ is the only salvation, just sayin