Hook Farming
So, hook farming. I don't get it. I kinda get how it works - from what I can tell, you pull someone off the hook right in front of the killer in the hopes that the killer downs them and that somehow... benefits you? From what I have seen, the general consensus seems to be that it's a pretty scummy thing to do. But I don't really understand how it works or why.
Firstly, what exactly does it entail? Secondly, why do people do it? How does it benefit them? And what does it look like from the killer's point of view - can you tell if someone is farming? How do you decide whether to indulge them or not?
It seems to be a fairly new phenomenon and I've somehow managed to miss the memo completely, so if someone could politely and clearly explain the mechanics of it that would be great ![]()
Comments
Do I need a more clickbaity title? Or is this just a mystery to everyone lol.
tl;dr when you unhook someone unsafely (in front of the killer) just for the sake of Bloodpoints
@TigerKirby215 Thanks for trying, but that doesn't really tell me anything. How does it give you bloodpoints? Don't you get more bloodpoints for safe hook rescues?
@SurpriseSurprise I know how WGLF works. That wasn't my question. Please explain what that has to do with pulling people off hooks unsafely. Is it because the killer gets into a chase with that person, and then you take the hit so it gives you a WGLF stack? I appreciate that you're trying to help, but I just want an actual, clear answer to my question, not half-sentences and unexplained links.
Borrowed Time, so I technically it isn't a farm
))))))
@Chi Again, thanks for trying, but that's not enough information. Were my questions not clear enough, or does no one know the answers?
@brokedownpalace So you're saying that people still do it because they don't realise it's not as lucrative as it used to be? And/or WGLF amplifies the points you get simply from unhooking someone, safe or not, to the point where people don't care about losing the safe unhook points (or emblem value)?
One more question, I've heard killers talk about noticing that a survivor is trying to farm, and "not letting them". How is the killer in control in this situation/How can they prevent a survivor from farming for points like that?
And to prevent a survivor from farming, you can either prevent the unhook entirely in some cases or, if you can't do that, you chase after the farmer and let the person on the hook go. But sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between farming and a bad play.
Yeah but you get quite some BP for an unsafe unhook too
@brokedownpalace How does letting the person on the hook go stop farming? Surely going after the person who unhooked would just give them protection points/WGLF stacks? They would still get the points for the unhook, which is apparently why they farm in the first place, plus they'd get points for a safe rescue. Unless you're saying that by refusing to down the unhooked person, you deny the farmer the opportunity to do it again straight away?