Why is the actual border to escape deeper in the exit gate area?
I think it's been like this for a month or so, but the border to cross over to successfully escape is deeper in the exit. Is this intentional, why was this change implemented? It seems something that provides great benefit for The Killer.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Oh, yeah, a huge benefit. You know the killer is going to abuse that as everyone is leaving.
Every meter counts, it can make a difference. In other words, the survivor has a greater distance to cover to successfully escape. That distance provides more opportunity for the killer to down and grab. I was just curious why the change was done? I haven't really tested it out to compare.
Kill rates were too low...
*sarcasm
From what I could gather, they keep changing it back and forth. Why? No clue. I guess they believe a nice middle ground can be achieved. It seems like such a negligible issue to me. I hardly care if they made it "survivor favored" as, well, the exit gate is already open.
Lol ๐
@ThiccBudhha okay thanks, I wasn't sure if it was something that they had previously explained. That's really why I was asking but thanks for the info.
Sry but... it seems abit weird to make such a huge deal out of a few meters... xD
I mean the fact you can heal without being hit stops the killer forcing you out, you can just stand on the tip in most gates and be safe. That's the only issue I see and it's rare it has a huge impact but it can happen
Provides great benefit to the killer?
Ok then
Yes it does. As has already been established in this topic, the greater the distance the more opportunity for the killer to down someone and prevent them from escaping. I just wondered why it was changed and if they commented on the changes. It's always interesting to read the developer design philosophy.
They changing it and creating bugs in the process fairly often. However if you have the gate 99% it doesnt matter unless the killer is already behind your ass. Which I wouldn't call 'great' benefit.
I understand that point however I'm talking specifically and narrowly about the distance inside the exit gate. I thought the devs posted about all of the changes and it was something that intrigued me. I never knew for example that they tinkered with the distance inside the gate. This was the first I learned about that.
I'm guessing it's just a bug that was somehow created.
Please keep the discussion civil and on topic, no need to attack one another.
Who's making a big deal about it? I just posted a topic to ask about it. That's the point of this community is to post topics about the game. It seems a bit weird to reply to a topic unless you're contributing.
I thought I was tripping when I had the impression that all of sudden the escape linea had been moved farther down.
I think they were trying to fix the bug where survivors can't be hit and something went wrong. As usual.
I noticed something was different when these two players were teabagging at the exit gate and I was able to down one and pick her up. She didn't realize the border had changed lol
I am also just wondering why making such a deal out of it, what the reasoning behind it is, if you had such a bad experience with it and how it would effect others.
You're coming across as antagonistic. Posting a topic is not considered a big deal. A big deal is something that's characterized as going overboard. This is the official community for people to discuss all aspects of the game, including small changes. I don't understand what you're trying to achieve here.
Again to find out what drove you to make this topic, dont know why its so hard to understand. However you are right, its not really a big deal in the end but to put it in different words.
Why did you make this post? Because you where just talking about it without a reason behind it explaining why, what the "great benefit" fot the Killer exactly is.
It wasn't very clear that's why it was hard to understand. You framed your reply incorrectly. However I'm not really interested at this point, I don't think you're here in good faith. I will ignore your replies.
oh you don't mean the border that give survivors invicibility so killers cannot force them out anymore by hitting them ? :(