Is there a reasonable explanation for this / Should I be reporting this (looking to mods for advice)

For some reason I have noticed within the past 3 days that every other lobby I load into as killer (cross off pc) has a group of 4 clan tagged people (same tag shared by about ~10 separate groups) all with 4 flashlights whose profiles say there are from brazil wait ~40 seconds then leave the lobby, and sometimes not all at once usually there is a straggler that waits for the lobby to fill back up with 3 real players then finally leave like the rest of the group, they never actually go into matches they just queue up, get into lobbies, wait, leave, and queue up again after, at this point im questioning if these are players doing it or bots designed just to clog up queues.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1091548970

Comments

  • Some of the screenshots now that I had a moment to edit the names out (but the clantag is there just to show they all identify as part of a larger group and its not just 4 random survivors for doctored evidence ) (this is just 3 out of 27 screenshots)

    Screenshot (68).png Screenshot (67).png Screenshot (65).png


  • Oof. I'd report them. Could be bots.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    Oof. I'd report them. Could be bots.

    Im thinking that might be the route I have to take seeing them lobby after lobby, but I'm not going to act until a mod weighs in probably sometime in the morning just felt like writing it out now since I have the energy

  • I'd report them when you see them. They've been rampant for the past week and it's pretty obvious they're just trying to waste people's time. Everyone's saying the same thing; they wait in lobbies, 3 leave once most of the time has elapsed, and one stays back and does the same thing once actual players fill up.

    They're probably bots. I can't imagine anyone would have the patience to spend the whole day lobby dodging, much less several dozen people (or more, considering how often they're popping up.)

  • @Laluzi said:

    I'd report them when you see them. They've been rampant for the past week and it's pretty obvious they're just trying to waste people's time. Everyone's saying the same thing; they wait in lobbies, 3 leave once most of the time has elapsed, and one stays back and does the same thing once actual players fill up.

    They're probably bots. I can't imagine anyone would have the patience to spend the whole day lobby dodging, much less several dozen people (or more, considering how often they're popping up.)

    While id like to report them I won't until they give the go ahead and in what way I should report them if so.

  • If it's actually possible to report them, it's probably best to. It could be someone somehow launching a bot attack against you, given the consistency.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    If it's actually possible to report them, it's probably best to. It could be someone somehow launching a bot attack against you, given the consistency.

    I doubt its against me specifically since I don't know that ive created too many enemies, all I know is that some people are very emotional over the game though so its not impossible to be a personal attack, but the current problem is I don't know if I should be reporting their behavior, either directly through steam or creating reports through customer support if at all, and im holding out for a hero (mod) to tell me what to do

    Reminds me of the ~5 minutes where they loaded into the lobby, out of the lobby, into the lobby, out of the lobby, into the lobby as a 2nd group, out of the lobby, and finally got real survivors, I even have that on video, its honestly pretty annoying

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1091548970

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Hmm, might want to add in a lobby-dodge penalty, not for a single or a few lobby-dodges, but after 3-4 lobby-dodges within a time period. Or assign a lower priority to accounts that frequently lobby-dodge.

    While that would be nice, I still need to know what to do in the short term

  • Brrr so much paranoia

  • @Venzhas said:

    Brrr so much paranoia

    Paranoia? that implies a lack of evidence for the situation at hand, of which I have a 6 minute video clip, a 3 hour stream and ~25 screenshots of proof (although not all the proof is posted/linked)

    nope, sadly this is a real thing, I have a 3 hour long stream of which every other lobby loaded into a 4 man with the same tag, profile that says they are from brazil, usually 4 flashlights and they all leave some faster than others, I even posted screenshots that show some of said lobbies and apparently other people in the thread also had the same experience