How often do Killer's lose (Red ranks)

I'm curious, how often do you lose. Like 3 or 4 escapes?

Are there certain Killer's you never lose with?

Are there Killer's you try to play at Red and get wrecked?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Escapes aren't very common in my games, ranks range from low green to low purple.

    I might actually belong in red ranks, i just don't want to go there.

    Always Wraith btw, been playing only him for years now. (Not counting exceptions like Daily Rituals & Archive challenges.)

  • I dont lose at red ranks that often. Killer is the power role thats probably why.

  • Rarely get more than a single one escaping, when it does happen it’s cause I screwed up.

    Ive not lost with Bubba yet, and I do get clobbered when I try Nurse.

  • I won't let people escape if I can help it in my Killer games.

    But escaping as a Solo Survivor in Rank 1 is a different story entirely.

  • I don't know, it depends on the survivors. Too much of a rainbow to really tell. If it's 4 rank 1's? They're probably escaping via genrushing. Might get 1 kill because they don't save their teammates.

  • at red ranks, i only escape once mabye every 10 games as survivor, i win most games as killer

  • I kept track of 50 games I played at rank 1/rank 2 as Wraith just before his most recent buff. When looking at the whole survivor pool, I had five, one kill games and three, zero kill games for a loss percentage of 16%. My kill percentage was 79.5%. Against full red rank teams, my kill percentage was 66%.

    @Red_Beard said:

    Hello my fellow Dead by Daylight enthusiasts. This is a follow up to my recent post giving some data from 25 Wraith games I played as a red rank killer. Those 25 games were played on a weekday. The next 25 were played on a weekend. I wanted a mix to account for the possibility of a larger pool of survivors giving me more balanced match making, presumably better on the weekend. I also wanted to have a decent amount of games played to give a good average. This post is the data combined from those 50 games. I did not do a full comparison between the weekday and weekend games, but I did add some notes in the first post, which can be found here.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/237236/update-numbers-from-25-wraith-red-rank-matches

    An update to my hours played at the end of this experiment I now sit at 1605 hours played. I also play survivor, I believe only slightly less than killer, but I do not keep track.

    I started the experiment at Rank 2, 4 pips in. I ended at Rank 1. The lowest I dropped while completing this was Rank 2, 3 pips. I played no other killer games during this experiment.

    My goal through the whole thing was to play to win. This meant kill as many survivors as I could first and foremost, but also play get as many hooks as I could if I didn't think it would cost me the win. I didn't go into the games planning to aggressively camp, tunnel and slug. That said, if I felt I was getting behind, I used those tactics if I felt it was my best option to win. There were definitely a number of games I did have to tunnel. I also noted 2 games I played were I decided to hard camp a hooked and slugged survivor. Sometimes I decided to hard tunnel when I got down to 2 or 3 gens with 4 survivors alive. Sometimes I decided to hard tunnel at 4 gens because I could tell by how the chases were going I wasn't going to win otherwise.

    I also decided not to slug for the 4k unless I could see the last survivor even though this was counter productive to the goal of killing everyone. This was because I was also somewhat curious how many people could beat me to the hatch. There were some games I could see the last survivor and still did not slug because I was confident I would be able to get them before they got to the hatch.

    I never gave up trying to achieve the goal. If the gens got down and the gate was open, I still tried to kill everyone I could. I also did not dodge any of the lobbies.

    I used the same perk build for all the games which was Corrupt, Pop, Whispers, and BBQ. I used the same add-ons for the first 40 games which were green Swift Hunt and Green Windstorm. I used purple Swift Hunt and purple Windstorm the final 10 games because I ran out of green ones.

    I had five disconnects while playing. I didn't count the data from two of the games because the disconnects happened early on, so I played two extra games. I did count the data for three of the games because the survivors disconnected on death hook.

    Now that I've bored you with a lot of background information, let's get into some numbers.

    Blood Points

    I earned a total of 1,409,722 in game blood points for an average of 28,194 per match. Survivors earned a total of 3,237160 in game blood points for an average per survivor, per match of 16,186. I did not record post game points for killer.

    Survivor Ranks

    I decided to break the teams down into three groups; all red rank, three red rank and 1 non-red rank, and mixed. And so I do not repeat a bunch of information put those into a table with kills and pips.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7I0L4Q989KD7/image.png

    Kills Overall

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/O7MLTUU68EMW/image.png

    I had a total of 159 kills of a possible 200 for a kill rate of 3.2 or 79.5%.

    Of the 41 escapes, six were by hatch. Four of the hatch escapes were from the survivor finding the hatch first. Two of the hatch escapes happened in one match from a plundered key. That is 15% of the escapes being through the hatch.

    Pips

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7CBTIXUXQREK/image.png

    That is a total of 45 pip points earned during the 50 matches.

    More Frequently Discussed Perks

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9H9I1Z7R4SFY/image.png

    The dreaded DS/UB combo was brought 14 times or was in 7% of survivor builds.

    I was stunned by a decisive strike 10 times or 17% of survivors that brought it got to use it.

    Four of the OoOs were in one match. I was only able to secure one kill and I depipped.

    Survivors activated Dead Hard too many times for me to count and I don't record my games.

    Items

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/75KE4VTSVNKZ/image.png

    There were four BNPs brought in the 50 matches.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/COIVYC5XTRQ0/image.png

    There were two styptics and three syringes brought in 50 matches.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/FJ8PB12HF92F/image.png

    I was stunned by a flashlight save six times with many more attempted.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TJYE7Q2HOX3I/image.png

    There was a key that could open hatch brought in 8% of the matches. None of the keys brought were used to open the hatch.

    There were three pink maps and no other maps brought in all the matches.

    Offerings

    I only brought blood point offerings. While there were a lot of different offerings brought, the most talked about ones are map offerings. For map offerings, two were Haddonfield, two were Dead Dawg, one was Hawkins, one was Cold Wind Farm and one was Macmillen's. That is 14% of the matches had a map offering.

    My Thoughts

    For killers that I feel competent with using their power, this feels pretty normal for me playing in red ranks. Even with full red rank teams, I performed a little worse but still am managing to kill more than 50% of survivors.

    Of course, killers I am out of practice with, or never really learned I do worse with because I'm not that good with them.

    In the 50 matches, there were only four games that I felt I had no chance of winning. But that isn't because of the balance of the game or the perks the survivors brought, it was because those survivors were just way better than me. I have I'm guessing roughly 900 hours playing killer. I am at the top rank. Included in that rank are people that may have 5000 hours in just playing killer. It is the same on the survivor side. If I get matched against those survivors with so many hours that know how to play against every killer, of course I am going to get stomped, no matter what perks they have, because I am not of equal skill as them even though we are both at the top rank level. And if ranking was such that it more accurately reflected skill level of the game, I wouldn't be a red rank killer, and I can accept that.

    As for the toxic experience, there was only one game that in end game chat I got a GGEZ. Yeah, throwing a little salt, but not terrible. I have had some people say some terrible things, but it is very, very rare that I see this happen. Sure there was a lot of tea bagging and flash light clicking. But I killed most of them so I win.

    Overall, I find playing killer at red ranks to be mostly easy and enjoyable when I'm playing killers I'm competent with. Definitely easier, in my opinion, than playing solo survivor.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/6EXQ4ZUYIHWR/image.png

    If you have request for additional information, let me know. I'll try to get if for you if I have the data.


  • So far it seems Killer's are having good games at Red ranks and Survivors... not so much.

    This has mostly been my experience as well. I quit playing as much as I used to because, I inevitably rank up to Purple / Red and the games get really miserable.

    I feel like, if you've invested enough time to be Red rank Killer, you wreck most teams. Only a good SWF seems to be challenging.

  • So as suspected killer winrates are over 75% even in red ranks

  • Every experienced killer wins most of his matches even at rank 1. Even playing not so strong killers. I say this because i do, and i find ridicoulus how many killers complain about the game. Either they don't realize how many of their games they win and they can't handle to lose even 1/10 of the matches, or they just blame the game for their mistakes.

  • If I'm playing Hag or Twins and maybe clown/demo gonna 4k more often than not.

    If I'm playing other killers I like but not as good with it's more often a 2k. Rarely 0k unless it's a full red rank SWF or I'm on a bad map with good solos like pig's pallet emporium.

  • @stikyard said:

    So far it seems Killer's are having good games at Red ranks and Survivors... not so much.

    This has mostly been my experience as well. I quit playing as much as I used to because, I inevitably rank up to Purple / Red and the games get really miserable.

    I feel like, if you've invested enough time to be Red rank Killer, you wreck most teams. Only a good SWF seems to be challenging.

    you can thank the lack of MMR

    when you're at red ranks you can only go down so games becomes uneven in the killer's favor, not to mention that a lot of survivor reach red ranks when they don't belong there (myself included).

  • Let's say 85% of my games are 4Ks or 3 with 1 hatch as a rank 1


    Yes even with trickster.

  • Perhaps its the fact i have over 2.5k hours in this game, but i'd say a good 80-90% of my games are 4k's or 3k's with hatch escapes. A lot of the games where i fail is because of very good survivors or im just being really stupid. I Play basically every killer (except nurse and spirit) and can perform quite well with them.

  • @Boss said:

    Escapes aren't very common in my games, ranks range from low green to low purple.

    I might actually belong in red ranks, i just don't want to go there.

    Always Wraith btw, been playing only him for years now. (Not counting exceptions like Daily Rituals & Archive challenges.)

    You are clearly red :)

  • I can't wait for mmr.

    I win enough to stay r1 but only because red ranks are not red ranks.

    Kill rates are also useless because survivors don't need to escape to pip while killers do need to kill.

    How many 3 man escapes turn i to a 1 or 2 man because everyone tried to save the guy on hook instead of leaving? I know i have done it knowing i got a pip anyway.

  • Pretty 50/50 for me with some that are very close to a 4K but they had a key.

    I also experiment with different builds. I don’t run slow down builds that much.

  • Loose? Like 0-1K? In DbD? As a killer? 🤣


    With all seriousness... no, you almost never loose unless you run into a very sweaty comp team, which are extremly rare, even in red ranks.

  • Personally, I don’t lose at Red Ranks unless I’m limiting myself either by testing new builds or playing weaker Killers.

    Even the sweatiest SWF is only walking out with 1-2 escapes when I’m at my best and if that happens its due to me playing sloppy and making misplays.