Are there here any Nurse console mains that could give some advice?
Hello!
I will be trying to invest alot of my game time in learning to play the Nurse and for now that will be on console but in some weeks I will be getting my game pc but Im looking for some advice for the following questions:
- Which perks are the best to start out with learning the Nurse?
- How much camera sensitivity do I need to get used to?
- Do you have any other good advice?
Thank you!
Comments
I main Nurse on console and for learning i recommend these brown flannes that shows the blink target. Perks you can play whatever you want it doesnt change much. Many people say Shadowborn is good on her but i never used it because i dont want to get used to it.
My Sensitivity is 80 right now.
Dont use your first blink to directly get onto the survivors, thats what your second blink is for. Always try to blink a bit behind them so they cant back up that easily and then you use your second blink to get them.
Also you dont always have to blink to traverse the map.
Not a Nurse main, but I do consider myself somewhat decent at playing her. I play on PS4, and personally, I like to run Play With Your Food, Surveillance, Ruin and Starstruck.
Depending on how accurate you are, you could just as easily take off PWYF and Starstruck, and swap them out for M&A or Shadowborn and any tracking perk of your choice.
I play at 86% Sensitivity for all my killers. As for advice, if survivors try to lightburn you while you're charging your blink, throw them off by short blinking. As for add-ons, either run nothing, plaid flannel or use the chain-blink/missed blink attack fatigue reduction add-ons.
Also, make sure you're only using your blink attack when you're right ontop of the survivor.
You're in for hell. I'd suggest waiting for the 27th for the current performance issues to be ironed out.
1. For cam sensitivity, set whatever feels best for you. I keep mine at 70.
2. Starting perks? Corrupt is always nice. You could use Rundying if you want since you don't need downs, which gives you more time to practice.
3. Notice I said "practice." You're going to lose... A LOT. It's not unheard of to go on lose streaks for potentially months, even when you THINK you've figured her out. It's normal; consider it the Nurse's Rite of Passage.
4. Remember survivors have hitboxes that influence your blinks. If a survivor drops a pallet in your face and you try blinking immediately, or they're directly across a small obstacle, you might blink in place due to the survivors hitbox. Try blinking a little to the side of wait for them to move.
5. 1st blink is to close distance. 2nd is for the kill. Sometimes the survivor will be close enough for just 1 blink, but don't actively try to be a 1 blink Nancy.
6. Try blinking the last place you saw a survivor whenever they reach an LoS breaker. You want to keep your "prediction blinks" to a minimum.
7. Wooden Horse is nice since it reduces your penalty for missing, and you'll probably miss a lot. Beyond that, double recharge is nice on all levels. I'd stay away from range add-ons. Trust me, they're addictive.
8. You might be Nurse, but you're not unbeatable. Don't be afraid to abandon chases if they're not going your way.
9. Always use only 1 blink when blinking for map mobility.
10. Remember every survivor that bullies you for daring to try a new (and brutal) killer so that you may exact your revenge one day :D
Do not get discouraged because you will lose a lot of your games. Sometimes it will click and within that match it won't. Keep at it.
One of the best advice I received was to learn her base kit without add ons and it helped tremendously. I always see people recommend the brown add on that lets you see the blink location, but personally that confuses me more than it helps.
@GrimReaperJr1232 You're spot-on about range add-ons being addictive. I'm addicted to double range add-ons. They're just so much fun.
Hi, I mained Nurse on console before her nerf.
A good starting build that doesn't require other teachables is Sloppy Butcher, Thanatophobia, A Nurse's Calling, and Deerstalker. Once you've unlocked more perks, another build I'd recommend is Barbecue & Chili, Sloppy Butcher, Infectious Fright, and Pop Goes The Weasel.
I keep my sensitivity for Nurse at 70.
Get use to playing without addons, 1 exception being the plaid flannel. That can help you learn blink distances and timings.
One important thing to remember is to blink diagonally when looking for survivors. What I mean is don't blink to locations in your LOS, blink to places you can't see, you're more likely to find someone that way.
Only use your second blink when you're in a chase, and you're sure you can reach the survivor. Outside of chase only use your first blink.
Use a cooldown add on and the add on that reduces missed attacks penalty. I'd advice ruin tinkere BBQ and pop. Tinkerer is extremely helpful for indoor maps.
I’m no main, but I’ve learned that you should focus your lethal blinks on blinking directly in the survivor versus behind them and lunging slightly. When you’re right on top of them and you swing immediately it won’t always look like you would but you will after hit the survivor and they’ve no where to go in time.