Camper rant

So I know my account is new but I've been playing for a few months now(no saying I'm pro or even good) I consider myself a decent killer and so don't belive in camping in most situations but I played a game as the nurse because I'm leveling her up and I'm in game hook the first survivor in the basement and the team proceeds to swarm the basement. I hooked 2 down there and the other to show up and as I go to chase them they don't leave the area needless to say I end up hooking them all in that area. After the game I get invited to a party and it was a 3 man swf group that starts talking trash about me camping. It totally blew my mind. I don't know what else I could of done really all my objectives were in one spot if I left I would of been staying around doing nothing at all it was just to funny

Comments

  • Don't worry about them. Survivors like that give the rest of us a bad name. If you hooked them in the basement and then you saw their teammates coming as soon as you exited, then yeah that's not camping if everyone was in the same place. That's their fault for not going to do generators, or trying to bait you away (if you were chasing someone but they were going away from the basement so you stopped and went back, that could be considered camping, but it doesn't sound like that's what you did). Some people will accuse you of camping just for being near the hook, regardless of what else is happening. They're just salty and don't know what the word means, and don't want to accept responsibility for their own bad plays.

  • You don't lose Emblems for camping if there's a Survivor nearby. It should be common sense that you're not going to leave if a Survivor is just waiting to instantly unhook.
    Taking 50% of the Survivors out of the match is a good enough reason to camp, imo.

  • I try not to get to beny over toxic survivors. I just found it funny how they all came to me literly and I get accused of camping lol. Don't get me wrong I recently started playing survivor and ran into my far share of toxic killer play.(facecamping should never be a thing.)

    On a side note can we get the word out for new survivors if a killers is camping the hook do some gens please we don't need  eveyone swarming the hook  with 5 gens left in a  deep lik3 it promotes camping becaus3 8t works with survivors that panics and rush the hook and the killer gets a 4k and think get this is a viable strategy 
  • I'm more surprised it took you months to get into a situation like that.

    Hook rushing survivors crying about camping is one of the most common things you will get contacted about.

  • I'm more surprised it took you months to get into a situation like that.

    Hook rushing survivors crying about camping is one of the most common things you will get contacted about.

  • Oh well it's the first time I got that one been camper for other stuff but not  on this level
  • I try not to get to beny over toxic survivors. I just found it funny how they all came to me literly and I get accused of camping lol. Don't get me wrong I recently started playing survivor and ran into my far share of toxic killer play.(facecamping should never be a thing.)

    On a side note can we get the word out for new survivors if a killers is camping the hook do some gens please we don't need  eveyone swarming the hook  with 5 gens left in a  deep lik3 it promotes camping becaus3 8t works with survivors that panics and rush the hook and the killer gets a 4k and think get this is a viable strategy 
    Dude I forced a swf group to invite me in a party chat. cuz a kid accused me of camping when all gates were opened and he just got on the hook. he pretended I would've left for them to save him and if not I was bad.

    Took me 20+ minutes and h still claiming that whole the other dudes and girls actually agreed with me. 

    Some people are just stupid and won't use their brain (if they have one) not even trying to challenge themselves and their thoughts, they are right, period.

    Just playing and ignore who cannot think twice before opening their mouth
  • I know how that is.yeah it sucks you almost got out but either you did something wrong and got caught for it or the killer made a good play and they earned the hook and kill it's kinda like the hatch for survivors at end game we should have the chance to get a kill or two.
  • Lol...I played 5 games tonight....3 with trapper (for daily) and 2 with doc....with trapper I got a 1k and 2 2k's...with doc I got a 2k and a 3k (not that great, imo).

    EVERY game, I had some survivor tell me how bad I was, teabag (who I usually tunneled, hooked and sac'd), and I believe I got called "baby killer" or "BAD killer" in every game. Funny thing...the only people throwing salt were the ones that got sacrificed!

    (There was so much salt being thrown my way, I bagged some and put it on my popcorn at the theater when I saw the new halloween.)

    There are just a lot of sore losers and crybabies in this game. It kind of blows that this type of culture is allowed....yet it is what it is. Just enjoy the frustration you are causing them. In fact, they are probably so stressed and sad and depressed you are probably taking years off their life!

    TAKE AWAY POINT: You know you are doing well as a killer if you get death threats and pleads for you to commit suicide and told you are generally playing "wrong".

  • I noticed that as well the better i do the more salt i tend to get lol. I don't think most survivors understand that I'm not tunneling you your dripping blood everywhere and making noise so I happen to find you easier or they just didn't hide well enough(That's me) or I just ran into you it happens. Or dying light and your the obsession and I'm sorry 
  • I noticed that as well the better i do the more salt i tend to get lol. I don't think most survivors understand that I'm not tunneling you your dripping blood everywhere and making noise so I happen to find you easier or they just didn't hide well enough(That's me) or I just ran into you it happens. Or dying light and your the obsession and I'm sorry 
    They dont.

    This game has one of the worst and most toxic player bases I have ever seen in online games. (That includes WoW, HotS, LoL and many others!)

    Just know that the worse the comments get, the better you are doing (probably like being president of the USA!).

    If you get told to commit suicide or contract a rare disease and/or cancer and are sent death threats you are playing well!

    If you get 4 "gg"s....well, you have some work to do and it probably means they all escaped and they have nothing to cry about.
  • Honestly, block them and move on. I never reply to such comments because no matter how you play or not play you will get loads.

    If you're going to spend time replying to all of the bullshit people write you on the internet, you'd have the worst paying full-time job in the world.

  • Play how you want to play. If you felt like you camped then you probably did. If you don't feel like you were camping then you might not have been. There's really no right way to play. All these killers in here are telling you survivors are always salty. It's not the case. I get told often by people in the end game lobby that they enjoy playing against me. I actually get more compliments then flame. Being a killer doesn't mean you have to be a douche bag. But set yourself your own rules. If you want to play a certain way, do what works for you. But it doesn't mean everyone else has to like it.

  • I play on console so there's no end game chat so I only get the salty comments because those are normally the ones who have the time to send a message. But I wish I did have an end game chat because I've had a few survivors that just ran me with out salt it would of been nice to say gg was out classed 
  • @Gamedozer7 said:
    So I know my account is new but I've been playing for a few months now(no saying I'm pro or even good) I consider myself a decent killer and so don't belive in camping in most situations but I played a game as the nurse because I'm leveling her up and I'm in game hook the first survivor in the basement and the team proceeds to swarm the basement. I hooked 2 down there and the other to show up and as I go to chase them they don't leave the area needless to say I end up hooking them all in that area. After the game I get invited to a party and it was a 3 man swf group that starts talking trash about me camping. It totally blew my mind. I don't know what else I could of done really all my objectives were in one spot if I left I would of been staying around doing nothing at all it was just to funny

    Dont worry about salty survivors.

    Usually a large amount of salt is an indication that you did well.

    Gz on your 4k hope you rek them again :wink:

  • There is no reason to leave the hook when survivors are in area, don’t concern yourself with them. Not worth it. If it make you feel any better I’ve been called a camper while I was playing Freddy. Like.....how am I gonna camp with Freddy? That’s how far certain survivors will reach to protect their own ego.

  • People need to learn what camping is. Your scenario is simply Hook Defending, not Camping.

  • MegMain98 said:

    There is no reason to leave the hook when survivors are in area, don’t concern yourself with them. Not worth it. If it make you feel any better I’ve been called a camper while I was playing Freddy. Like.....how am I gonna camp with Freddy? That’s how far certain survivors will reach to protect their own ego.


    Not just a survivor but all of them. Lol I guess you could but you would be having a very bad day. It seem like there's to much disconnect between what people call a survivor main and killer main. Like oh you tunneled me. No your teammate Yolo saved you and I got you instead of them
  • If they march on in there like lemmings, knock em down and move on, it seems there is a new definition of camping every week and none of them mean a damn thing.

  • That's a legit tactic with the pig she's a sheath killer and thrives  in those situations but if the do gens and don't Yolo then most likely 3 will escape