Older consoles don't matter

Anniversary event? Not for you...here are cosmetic fixes.

You are on PC? Well here is the ptb test and some shards and BP points you are our new fan base.

Comments

  • Did the consoles not get the BP and shards? And what's advantageous about playing the PTB, exactly? You don't get anything out of it.

  • A PTB on console would be a nightmare to work with tbh

  • Consoles get the BP and Shards too.

    PC players are not at all at fault for the ######### BHVR pulled. And news flash, it's affecting some PC players too. Stop being so bitter towards a portion of the player-base that did nothing to you.

  • @Orion said:

    Did the consoles not get the BP and shards? And what's advantageous about playing the PTB, exactly? You don't get anything out of it.

    My point is resources were spent on other things than optimization for consoles during the event

  • It costs them money to release updates on consoles so a PTB would just be too much work and too much money for them.

    And they extended the anniversary event?

    Also they gave the shards and BP to console as well...

  • @Phasmamain said:

    A PTB on console would be a nightmare to work with tbh

    It's more of a "let's spend time on other things even though people were ready to boycott our game" situation

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360352#Comment_2360352

    My point is resources were spent on other things than optimization for consoles during the event

    Yes? That's normal for every piece of software. If you dedicate 100% of your coders to fixing the same problem, it actually takes longer to fix because each programmer has their own idea of how to fix it, their own approach, and they're going to spend days debating over which is best. "Too many cooks in the kitchen", as it were. You never dedicate 100% of your programmers to fixing the same issue, that's just begging for trouble.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360360#Comment_2360360

    Yes? That's normal for every piece of software. If you dedicate 100% of your coders to fixing the same problem, it actually takes longer to fix because each programmer has their own idea of how to fix it, their own approach, and they're going to spend days debating over which is best. "Too many cooks in the kitchen", as it were. You never dedicate 100% of your programmers to fixing the same issue, that's just begging for trouble.

    We call that being bhvrd here is your resident evil patch

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360367#Comment_2360367

    We call that being bhvrd here is your resident evil patch

    Again, different people are working on different things.

  • @gendoss said:

    It costs them money to release updates on consoles so a PTB would just be too much work and too much money for them.

    And they extended the anniversary event?

    Also they gave the shards and BP to console as well...

    You know console dbd players are way more than PC right...?

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360361#Comment_2360361

    You know console dbd players are way more than PC right...?

    Do you have a source for that? Keep in mind, though, that "console" isn't one massive platform. If memory serves, DbD is on five separate consoles from three different manufacturers.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360369#Comment_2360369

    Again, different people are working on different things.

    You are right I am overreacting...the game will be there after the event it's only been a month...not like the next patch is going to fix much

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360380#Comment_2360380

    You are right I am overreacting...the game will be there after the event it's only been a month...not like the next patch is going to fix much

    That's not what I said, at all. I'm saying that just because you see changes in one area and not another doesn't mean that the devs think the other area doesn't matter. If what people on the forum are saying is true, the situation on console is unacceptable. However, the devs work in teams, so just because one team creates new content doesn't mean another isn't working on optimization.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360361#Comment_2360361

    You know console dbd players are way more than PC right...?

    The way the PTB works on PC probably wouldn't even work on console anyway. You have to install a special version of the game and on console it would literally have to be a completely separate game on the store which is extremely unnecessary and would probably cost them a ton in fees for every platform. It's easy on Steam cuz you can actually modify your game files and such.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360421#Comment_2360421

    That's not what I said, at all. I'm saying that just because you see changes in one area and not another doesn't mean that the devs think the other area doesn't matter. If what people on the forum are saying is true, the situation on console is unacceptable.

    You are right it has only been promised since 2019...I don't mind slogging through lag spikes and random dcs to get crowns and help out the community.

    Didnt mean to be selfish.

  • I get my shiny and look at the wall just so I don't make the DC happen from kicking a pallet or gen or anything else and I open the gates too.

    Console playing is fun.

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360432#Comment_2360432

    You are right it has only been promised since 2019...I don't mind slogging through lag spikes and random dcs to get crowns and help out the community.

    Didnt mean to be selfish.

    Again, not what I said.

  • I know...I am just stating facts that relay my perspective of the anniversary and yeah consoles are unacceptable right now but who cares we are the minority.

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360458#Comment_2360458

    I know...I am just stating facts that relay my perspective of the anniversary and yeah consoles are unacceptable right now but who cares we are the minority.

    I mean, I care. I may not play on console, but you are still fellow players. I'm sure most players would agree with me.

    Even on a purely selfish level, console optimizations will probably translate to optimization on PC as well. While I don't have problems with that, given that the devs want to keep adding content, having the game be well-optimized is better in the long run.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360415#Comment_2360415

    Do you have a source for that? Keep in mind, though, that "console" isn't one massive platform. If memory serves, DbD is on five separate consoles from three different manufacturers.

    Exact numbers of consolers aren't known due to the various UEA's but in loose terms all consoles together passed PC end of last summer. No doubt due to lockdown plus the base game being free on MS Gamepass and PSN most of that time.

    The PlayStations are by far the largest chunk, and their numbers by themselves were approaching the PC total before the RE chapter nuked us.

    Those on Xbox like me are a very distant third, followed by our Switch & Windows cousins. Also apparently there is something called Stadia out there as well.

    I had found some very rough figures from 2020 and posted them here in a thread somewhere I'll look for the link when I'm out of work.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360420#Comment_2360420

    Exact numbers of consolers aren't known due to the various UEA's but in loose terms all consoles together passed PC end of last summer. No doubt due to lockdown plus the base game being free on MS Gamepass and PSN most of that time.

    The PlayStations are by far the largest chunk, and their numbers by themselves were approaching the PC total before the RE chapter nuked us.

    Those on Xbox like me are a very distant third, followed by our Switch & Windows cousins. Also apparently there is something called Stadia out there as well.

    I had found some very rough figures from 2020 and posted them here in a thread somewhere I'll look for the link when I'm out of work.

    If it's the data I'm thinking of, that just shows the total number of people who have ever launched DbD. It's not the same as the player data for Steam, which shows current number of players.

  • To be fair you can only do Dev on so many systems and the older systems will eventually need to be sunsetted. Now at the moment since the PS5 and new XB are hard to come by and so many console players are on last-gen systems it's good business to keep working with them but no matter what I would assume they stop doing work for those older systems by mid-2022 end of 2022 latest.

    Best fix: Spend 1200 on a scalped PS5!

  • @Orion said:

    Did the consoles not get the BP and shards? And what's advantageous about playing the PTB, exactly? You don't get anything out of it.

    We also got the shards and bloodpoints.

  • @gendoss said:

    It costs them money to release updates on consoles so a PTB would just be too much work and too much money for them.

    And they extended the anniversary event?

    Also they gave the shards and BP to console as well...

    The game has been nearly a miserable expeience on console through the whole event, and by the time the "fix" comes out the event will be over. 300k bp and some shards doesn't fix that.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360587#Comment_2360587

    If it's the data I'm thinking of, that just shows the total number of people who have ever launched DbD. It's not the same as the player data for Steam, which shows current number of players.

    Here's the sliplit of numbers I found a while ago, apparently from mid 2020. Of course the link I found it on is broken or moved or whatever, but not surprised as I knew I was looking at something I wasn't supposed to. I had posted it in Pulsar's uber thread.

    Bonus points if anyone gets the reference too:


    My spies and agents tell me the breakdown is something like this:

    ~223,000 total; approx 87000 on pc, 77000 on ps, 45000 on xbox, and 14000 everything else.

    Now keep in mind they are an utterly unreliable pool of info even on the very best of days.

    Also good luck getting official counts due to UEA deals with the consoles.

  • @Orion said:

    Did the consoles not get the BP and shards? And what's advantageous about playing the PTB, exactly? You don't get anything out of it.

    I mean, considering PC and console play differently, the fact that the game is tested on PC is kinda, I dunno, unfair? For how long did giveaways with new DLC only happen for PC players? PC players get a game that works, an extended event, and extra BP and shards because the game is broken on console. The devs have always treated PC players way better than console players and it's pretty frustrating.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360500#Comment_2360500

    I mean, I care. I may not play on console, but you are still fellow players. I'm sure most players would agree with me.

    Even on a purely selfish level, console optimizations will probably translate to optimization on PC as well. While I don't have problems with that, given that the devs want to keep adding content, having the game be well-optimized is better in the long run.

    Thanks it just feels like older console players are treated like second class citizens...honestly if this game wants on gamepass I would have stopped supporting it🤑🤣

  • @gendoss said:

    It costs them money to release updates on consoles so a PTB would just be too much work and too much money for them.

    And they extended the anniversary event?

    Also they gave the shards and BP to console as well...

    Console updates are free, they have to go through certification first however.

    Extending the event really does nothing since it was not accompanied by a patch fixing the experience for players on different consoles.

    The shards and bp are the bare minimum and too often people take it and say “well they gave us this so shut up and be happy about it” which is quite foolish. It never should have happened in the first place, so much for them focusing on two events “anniversary and Halloween” to make them “the best they can be”. Give me a break.

  • @suggestivemoaning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360445#Comment_2360445

    Lag has only been bad since RE. They announced they were fixing it, so can you people shut up, at least for now?

    I am sorry for bringing up quality of life for fixing a game that was broken by a patch. Tell you what pay for a month of game pass ultimate and we can call it even😏.

    What do you play on?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360360#Comment_2360360

    Yes? That's normal for every piece of software. If you dedicate 100% of your coders to fixing the same problem, it actually takes longer to fix because each programmer has their own idea of how to fix it, their own approach, and they're going to spend days debating over which is best. "Too many cooks in the kitchen", as it were. You never dedicate 100% of your programmers to fixing the same issue, that's just begging for trouble.

    Not to mention the logistical nightmare of directing people that ordinarily work in seperate teams.

  • @suggestivemoaning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2361561#Comment_2361561

    PS4.

    As I said, they gave us a date that it should be fixed by. Until then, hold off on the complaints. They are repetitive and do nothing.

    I beg to differ...if enough people didnt make their voices heard we would not have been getting this optimization patch that was promised since 2019🤑

    Out of curiosity it the game is still broken afterwards, will you just sit there and take it or ask for another patch?🤔

  • @suggestivemoaning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2361591#Comment_2361591

    But now it's useless because they've given us a date. Your voice can and will ######### you over here. Do you want them to rush and do this half ass, making it take longer in the long run?

    I want the patch before the resident evil patch to be truthful I know that one works...let the resident evil patch players play each other if they want.

    Rush a promise from 2019?

  • @latinfla4 said:

    Anniversary event? Not for you...here are cosmetic fixes.

    You are on PC? Well here is the ptb test and some shards and BP points you are our new fan base.

    I mean, to be fair, PC was their main fanbase for the longest time anyway. Let alone that they do extend events when issues like this surface. Sure, gives people on newer gens the advantage of getting more offerings and items, but offerings and items are meant to disappear, so their main concern is the ability to gain crowns.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/266180/older-consoles-dont-matter

    I mean, to be fair, PC was their main fanbase for the longest time anyway. Let alone that they do extend events when issues like this surface. Sure, gives people on newer gens the advantage of getting more offerings and items, but offerings and items are meant to disappear, so their main concern is the ability to gain crowns.

    Yeah but the extended event doesn't benefit the console players...it is like hey PC players here is another week enjoy🤑

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2361603#Comment_2361603

    Yeah but the extended event doesn't benefit the console players...it is like hey PC players here is another week enjoy🤑

    They already send a fix as soon as they finished it, that doesnt mean the fix is online as soon as they send it to the servers. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo need to test that fix on their test servers to make sure their hardware is not affected before it goes live.


    So it likely will benefit console players, they are just waiting for the greenlight from all console companies to update the game on all platforms at the same time for crossplay. If there wasnt any crossplay, those updates would have been recieved slightly faster depending on which console you play on.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2361609#Comment_2361609

    They already send a fix as soon as they finished it, that doesnt mean the fix is online as soon as they send it to the servers. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo need to test that fix on their test servers to make sure their hardware is not affected before it goes live.

    So it likely will benefit console players, they are just waiting for the greenlight from all console companies to update the game on all platforms at the same time for crossplay. If there wasnt any crossplay, those updates would have been recieved slightly faster depending on which console you play on.

    Exactly they had to know it was going to have to be approved...if they cared the event would be over and after the patch there would be a special sorry console player event.

  • @suggestivemoaning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360445#Comment_2360445

    Lag has only been bad since RE. They announced they were fixing it, so can you people shut up, at least for now?

    The lag has been bad on console for years now. The RE chapter just wreaked us completely and hurt most players regardless of platform.

  • @suggestivemoaning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2361807#Comment_2361807

    I never experienced bad lag on my PS4, so I think that's a you problem. RE broke the game, but it was fine before.

    Then you were most fortunate with your PS4. Many others weren't so lucky. Check out Pulsar's 80+ page thread about console performance; most of it is from before RE came out.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2361609#Comment_2361609

    They already send a fix as soon as they finished it, that doesnt mean the fix is online as soon as they send it to the servers. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo need to test that fix on their test servers to make sure their hardware is not affected before it goes live.

    So it likely will benefit console players, they are just waiting for the greenlight from all console companies to update the game on all platforms at the same time for crossplay. If there wasnt any crossplay, those updates would have been recieved slightly faster depending on which console you play on.

    The fix doesn't come out until the 27th, the extended event ends on the 22nd. How does the extended event help console when the console base isn't getting their fix to make the game playable until after the event ends?

    Even assuming this fix does work, its still after the event. So they have a point as the extension is only helping PC users and those who already didn't have problems.

    "Hey we extended the event for you guys and have a fix coming!"

    "Oh cool when's the fix?"

    "After the event ends :)"


    The games still unplayable for a lot for console players for the whole event, even extended. If the point of the extension was for the players who can't play the game right now to actually be able to join and not wait another year, then it failed.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2361631#Comment_2361631

    The fix doesn't come out until the 27th, the extended event ends on the 22nd. How does the extended event help console when the console base isn't getting their fix to make the game playable until after the event ends?

    Even assuming this fix does work, its still after the event. So they have a point as the extension is only helping PC users and those who already didn't have problems.

    "Hey we extended the event for you guys and have a fix coming!"

    "Oh cool when's the fix?"

    "After the event ends :)"

    The games still unplayable for a lot for console players for the whole event, even extended. If the point of the extension was for the players who can't play the game right now to actually be able to join and not wait another year, then it failed.

    And failed hard...hopefully we get a blood hunt event or something else