Genuinely curious. What is the point of rank reset?

I am a red rank killer and have been trying to progress as solo queue survivor. I am finding it very difficult as my teammates at these ranks barely know what theyre doing.

I finally clawed my way to rank 13, was starting to get better teammates. Now I am back to 17, and back with potatos, and the killers I am having to deal with clearly arent rank 17 killers. I just finished a 5 cake game and we all died against clown with 4 gens left.



I really dont get the point, especially since theres no rank rewards - which would make it make sense. If a red rank doesnt play for months he comes back with noob ranks, whats the point?

Comments

  • My guess is to even out how many people are at what rank for matchmaking purposes. If it's too bottom heavy or top heavy, it messes with the matchmaking system as one side or the other doesn't have the player base to play while the other side has way too many people in it.

  • Given enough time everyone would make it to red ranks.

  • If a red rank doesnt play for months he comes back with noob ranks, whats the point?

    If you really haven't played for months then you would only reset 1 season. After coming back after a year my rank was reset from red to rank 5.

  • I don't get it, either, but for a different reason -- if everybody drops one color in the ranking system, then we should be matching with the exact same people again, shouldn't we? Like, if all the reds were matching with each other and they become purple, and the people who were purple all become green, how does that change anything?

  • It encourages you to play more. I don't really care about my rank anymore since I got all of my rank achievements in DBD, but meh.

  • @glitchboi said:

    It encourages you to play more. I don't really care about my rank anymore since I got all of my rank achievements in DBD, but meh.

    Its just making getting out of yellow survivor ranks so hard for me