Would Furtive Chase really be so oppressive if it just... removed your terror radius in a chase?
I'm talking about when all 4 tokens are gained, to be clear. Something like 25% TR reduction in a chase per token. This way, it could be a niche but potentially powerful perk, especially with instadown and snowball killers - chase a guy, down them, and down the guy on the generator next to it because he had no idea that you were chasing someone literally next to him.
Plus, it would be god tier on the stalkers. They need some love.
Comments
As long as Beast of Prey gets reworked to make it different from this perk then I’d be ok with that. I’m still conflicted on whether or not it would be good or not.
That would be incredibly stressful to play through, but since we already have stealth killers such as M&A Slinger, Iri Button Legion, and Massive TR Doc I don't think this new Furtive Chase would really be the end of the world, honestly.
Furtive encourages healthy killer gameplay even moreso than BBQ so I don't see why not.
I would not say it would make it oppressive, but it would require you to pay close attention to the Killer more and how they play around chases or play in general.
Hiding your TR in chase is not that valuable. Best case scenario, you will surprise another survivor who didn't notice their teammate was being chased. Most of the time it will simply do nothing.
It would make the perk much more appealing than it is now, other than for a one-time hook the obsession four times in one trial Rift challenge. And keen survivors would know it is in play if they pay attention to the obsession constantly changing upon unhooking.
Still a butt-tier perk
There is no need to be sneaky in an ongoing chase, it's nonsensical. It's like a perk that adds to your terror radius in the post-game stats screen.