Barb's Glasses+Black Heart is fun and all, but Portalgorgon is doing decent these days.

After Demo's add on pass, it feels like Demos add ons have doubled from one add on to two. They're fun and great in chases, it's a wonderful combination.

But it's as if God himself has proclaimed "DemoPls", disabling everybody's ability to use any other addon or something. Normally I don't have any horses in these races because I'm a noob so my opinion is very likely wrong on any given matter. And I do not play Demogorgon a whole bunch, so I feel like I'm merely a "guest" in the Upside Down but I feel compelled to do DbD's pet dog some justice.

On average, Demo does not rely on his portals a whole lot. I think this is what is skewing people's perceptions of his addons. Taking add ons for a part of a killers kit that's give or take seems like a waste, so Black Heart+barbs just feels like the obvious choice.

I've been tinkering with Leprose Lichen+Unknown Egg lately, and I've been adoring it. This set up is actually insane. Leprose Lichen by itself is okay, but the Egg is what makes it deadly. Having your teleport up so damn fast makes your tracking so damn obnoxious. You can hook a survivor, teleport off and almost immediately teleport right back. You might think "just cleanse the tunnels lol" and you would be right, but my secret is that most of my portals are actually just half-assed portals, like my discount Lethal Pursuit portal.

On a map like Gas Heaven, teleporting to the opposite side of the car walls while mid chase and having full visuals is pretty dope. You can even give yourself a crappy and clunky Lethal Pursuer by placing 2 portals down immediately and teleport.

Portalgorgon leans more into Hit and Run style with a control oriented mindset. He feels like a spider or something. But he gets some Scratched Mirror Hag vibes at the 3 gen.

I'm not here to say this setup is better, I just hope I can inspire somebody to play a different but just as fun kind of Demogorgon because when I first was exposed to the Demogorgon in the rat liver days, his portal add ons did not seem that great.

Comments

  • His addons were massively improved. I’m enjoying the update as well and I’ll try this addon combo in my next match.

  • If I feel like playing with Demo again at some point, I wanna play around more with Rotting Pumpkin. It still seems surprisingly comparable to the Hag's Mint Rag IMO.

  • @TAG said:

    If I feel like playing with Demo again at some point, I wanna play around more with Rotting Pumpkin. It still seems surprisingly comparable to the Hag's Mint Rag IMO.

    Pumpkin + the whistle seems like a nasty combo.

    A9C83BFD-8D48-4194-B79B-CCA906DD29B7.png

    This would have some setup but I’m imagining the room with the totem has every entrance covered by portals and then you save the last portal to get back to that room anytime someone comes close.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2353014#Comment_2353014

    Pumpkin + the whistle seems like a nasty combo.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/82LNBVD91V5A/a9c83bfd-8d48-4194-b79b-cca906dd29b7.png

    This would have some setup but I’m imagining the room with the totem has every entrance covered by portals and then you save the last portal to get back to that room anytime someone comes close.

    whistle is a fantastic choice to pair with a hex totem. I was disappointed that BHVR decided to nerf it so fast


  • @lauraa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2353068#Comment_2353068

    whistle is a fantastic choice to pair with a hex totem. I was disappointed that BHVR decided to nerf it so fast

    I run barb glasses+Leprose lichen but since it is ultra-rare add-on, sometimes I do not have it so I use lifeguard whistle instead/ Both are good information add-ons. black heart is overrated and was never a good add-on. It's very unlikely the reduce cooldown will allow you to hit a survivor twice before they reach next loop. Its a shame they weakened 1 overrated add-on, weakened barb glasses(it is strong but it is not unfair) and something that wasn't mentioned in patchnotes is that they reduced demogorgon devious point gains per shred from 800->400.