Deathslinger needs his oppressive 1v1 in his current state.
Deathslinger of all the characters critiqued of having an too oppressive 1v1 he's the king of that. You need a really quick reaction to dodge a quick shot, or have random movements that leave you in the open, as well many loops aren't that weak against him. And the best you can do is drop some good pallets to waste his time or Hold W though Slinger can negate this with perks and add-ons. And he's the only one of the too harsh 1v1s who I might be bored against. But, what else in his kit? He has a little slowdown with the mend, little stealth though it can be good with M&A. And the downs can take a while. But, there's a reason he rarely makes the A tier. Minus the occasional ohtofu. He is so awful in the other two pillars of a strong killer. Mobility and Snowball. Mobility is quite obvious he's 4.4 he's not going anywhere quickly. Tinkerer gen proc you're no reaching it. That one BBQ aura the survivor will be lone gone. And snowball and this is the reason Huntress is higher up on tier lists she has a good 1v1 along with great snowball potential. Deathslinger can negate this with perks and add-ons. But, it's still not that good. Say you see two survivors Huntress you can down one injure the other and pursue them. Because hatchet cooldown is shorter and no range limit. With Deathslinger you need to shoot, reel back, then finally hit. To get that injure. While he can't really pursue the other person. Because of that limited range and needing to reload. So it would be hard and very difficult to nerf Slinger's 1v1, because of how weak his mobility and snowball is. But, if you have a good idea say it below. Bring this up over complaints he's OP and boring.
Comments
I think he’s fine. He’s been one of my mains for around two months now and and the time I spent playing him helped playing against him. Not saying I enjoy playing against him but as you said there’s not really a good way to change him without making him too powerful or too weak.
the entire point of this Killers balance is that he excells at one thing, but sucks at everything else.
he is insanely strong in 1v1 chases, but as soon as he gets forced into a 4v1, he struggles immensely.
IMO he is one of the few Killers that are balanced pretty much perfectly.
and this balance position is a very fragile one on top of that - any ever so slight buff or nerf could have a tremendous impact on it.
Never found him too operative to be honest. I always have dodged his shots, I think a lot of people just don't know how to adapt to different styles. You have to just look behind you a lot if you are getting chased by him , and use high wall structures.
Hes in a perfect spot, good on some maps weaker on others, hes 110, limited range and can only get injures at so many loops. I have fun versing him and I have fun playing him. People need to mix up their play style
The people that complain are the people that dont adjust their play style enough to counter him. When you play him alot you can see alot of people have got it down on how to counter him etc. Remember it's a 4v1, his 4v1 is weak and he has a stronger 1v1. Huntress beats him yet she isn't complained about. Only use pallets injured, no point dropping if he has time to shoot you over
Yeah I think Deathslinger is right where he should be right now, it's best we leave him alone.
He's an incredibly oppressive killer in the 1v1 game (arguably the most powerful 1v1 killer other than Nurse and Spirit), but is trash in 1v4.
To be fair, it's pretty difficult to make a killer that is both fun to play as and against. We all know Billy, Oni, and Blight are exceptions because they are good at both 1v1 and 1v4. It's easier to make one that is fun to play as, but not fun to play against.
Only thing i want to see for him is a cooldown when he cancels his power similiar to Nemesis,Huntress or Pyramid Head
His oppressive 1v1 is completely intended imo. That's why the chain mechanic exists. His speargun is so strong that they had to add something to compensate how frequently he gets shots.
If you nerf something in his 1v1 you might as well get rid of the chain and give him infinite range + instant damage after landing a shot like Huntress.
Edit: the only change he needs is his name. I love playing as him but come on, I cringe hard whenever I read "Deathslinger". Just call him Gunslinger or Outlaw goddamit.
The devs have said they designed him to be oppressive in chase. Reason I don’t mind him is because he takes skill(unlike trickster) and has weaknesses(unlike nurse)
He’s actually quite balanced tbh. Unfun yes but pretty balanced
To be honest, I wouldn't mind if he got a change.
I don't think he is broken or overpowered, I just genuinely dislike killers who are strong in the 1v1 but lack any kind of map pressure.
Those types of killers are the most unfun and boring to go against, in my honest opinion.