God I hate this game sometimes

Second match ever playing Nemesis, and all I get are survivors flashlight clicking and teabagging, and naturally everyone escapes. What a great learning tool. ๐Ÿ˜•

Comments

  • Sometimes you get matches that really suck. Best thing is to take just as much BP you can and then move on.

    And what I intend to do, I just ignore most of the flashlight clicky clicky, because they can't stand that you don't chase them when they do that.

  • I am new myself and yeah, learning a new killer is vaguely stressful just because I feel like I won't do particularly well. I try not to let them get to me when I am playing a killer I am not great at. You learn more from defeat anyways, so might as well embrace it.

  • If it helps, I had the same experience playing Trickster for the first time yesterday. Brutal!

  • It only gets better with more playtime.

    Everytime you going into match, expect it to end like that and be prepared. Basically try not to take it too seriously even tho its sometimes really hard.

    Just focus on getting better with the killer and his power, not on 4k. If you learn a thing or two during the match or get some good mindgames, its not a wasted time since you are getting slowly better

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I get this very often. It really does wind me up. I might be the most irritated person by it on this forum. It's been affecting me more than i want to admit...

    I dont have any really good advice, but if people teabag at exit gates just hit them for the bloodpoints. It makes them look stupid, they are giving you currency to make your character stronger :)

    I don't know if you want any tips, but for me (when I started) I just played for the BP to progress further into the bloodwebs. I didn't expect kills or anything. Later I got better and then I started to try more.

    You get a good amount of BP with chasing and hitting alone, breaking pallets and so on.


    But I have to say, sometimes the teabags that some do while totally unnecessary (when I play fair) got to me too. But I just nod to that survivor and move on.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    Second match ever playing Nemesis, and all I get are survivors flashlight clicking and teabagging, and naturally everyone escapes. What a great learning tool. ๐Ÿ˜•

    Maybe you could level up Hillbilly for lightborn (level 35). You also get Enduring at level 30, which is also a good perk. Then with lightborn you can't be blinded anymore.

  • In the evening they are quite long now too since the event started

  • Sounds like some toxic SWF. Sorry man.

  • Yeah I'm pretty much done trying out new killers in live matches. Offline bot matches are coming with the mid chapter update, and I'll be using that to practice mechanics until I'm comfortable going online.

  • "Only" sometimes?

  • @CheekyLilGobbo said:

    I'm currently trying to get the hang of Blight at red ranks, I feel your pain brother.

    Oh I know all about this. I had to learn Nurse, Blight, and trickster at rank 1 on console. I feel for you just hang in there you will be able to dish all the pain back soon. When I learned nurse I almost quit a few times but so glad I stuck with it dropped down to rank 6 lol. Then when I got better it just felt so good to smash dat ass. Made me super sweaty for awhile but now (during events) I hook each survivor 1 at a time to help everyone get BP. If survivors don't pay attention to me doing it and rush the gens then they don't get much. Had a game with Ghosty (5 cakes) decided to hook each one at a time even walked passed a injured one to chase a healthy one. They rush the gens and left. Got a message saying "Your're bad pls uninstall". Like you clueless bastards no more will I do that.

  • @CheekyLilGobbo said:

    I'm currently trying to get the hang of Blight at red ranks, I feel your pain brother.

    Oh Christ, I bet you do! LOL

    I know it goes with the territory that in order to get better at something it's going to take practice, but when there's no good learning tool to be had in a 4v1 game, it leaves you looking elsewhere for better entertainment. I don't have a lot of friends that play this game so I can't get a custom game going to practice, which is why I'm looking forward to the offline bot matches. The only way to get better is to play against real people obviously, but until I'm comfortable doing that, I want to practice the mechanics of each killer.

  • Learning new killers at high ranks is nearly impossible. That's why I don't buy new killers anymore.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    Learning new killers at high ranks is nearly impossible. That's why I don't buy new killers anymore.

    Yeah at the rank that I'm at, it ensures that every match is going to be a try hard sweaty match, and doing that for a killer that I've never played before, doesn't exactly leave me with a strong desire to want to try. Again this is why I'm looking forward to the offline bot matches. Once I get the mechanics down with that mode, then I'll feel better about going online.

  • Can't hate a game that is bug.

  • I have played dbd for a few months and since day one my matches were awful and still bad.

    I was going to play dbd but im not feeling it right now. Too many rude players.

  • @HybridLPangel26 said:

    I have played dbd for a few months and since day one my matches were awful and still bad.

    I was going to play dbd but im not feeling it right now. Too many rude players.

    What's interesting about the dbd community, is that for every toxic member out there, there's just as many good sports as well. Admittedly I have had far better matches than I have had toxic matches, but it's those toxic matches that stick with you the most. That last match with Nemesis left such a bad taste in my mouth that I don't want to play him in an online match anymore.

    Matchmaking is screwed up enough as it is, and even if I was playing alongside good people, it's still going to wind up being a sweaty match, and that's something I don't need when I'm just looking to learn the basics.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351782#Comment_2351782

    What's interesting about the dbd community, is that for every toxic member out there, there's just as many good sports as well. Admittedly I have had far better matches than I have had toxic matches, but it's those toxic matches that stick with you the most. That last match with Nemesis left such a bad taste in my mouth that I don't want to play him in an online match anymore.

    Matchmaking is screwed up enough as it is, and even if I was playing alongside good people, it's still going to wind up being a sweaty match, and that's something I don't need when I'm just looking to learn the basics.

    Agreed.