Give killer hatch perk

So it can be a legit race for finding hatch vs those running left behind

Comments

  • As someone who plays killer more there is no need as you aren't going to be encountering people enough to warrant it

  • @Majin151 said:

    As someone who plays killer more there is no need as you aren't going to be encountering people enough to warrant it

    Care to be explain? As a rank 1 killer (not that it means all that much) I think it would be fair to even the odds when you’re not on the slugging for 4K type

  • Why did this get closed? It was an innocent suggestion

  • Because most killers are naturally faster also because left behind is generally not used by a majority of survivors also imo I think it would be a wasted perk for a killer especially if behaviour decides to make it one of a new killer teachables

  • @Majin151 said:

    Because most killers are naturally faster also because left behind is generally not used by a majority of survivors also imo I think it would be a wasted perk for a killer especially if behaviour decides to make it one of a new killer teachables

    Yeah but I mean wasted perk is a subjective thing. I think there are lots of killer perks that could be considered more than wasteful. Also, sure killers may have a 10-15% speed advantage but how much does that matter when the survivor knows where the hatch is and you have to go searching?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

    That is my initial reaction towards the idea.

    Sure, it's interacting with an existing asset in a new way, but IMO the Killer is already able to roam the map with impunity, they can still just slug the 3rd survivor to find it (even though I despise that), and they are faster by default.

    With The Hatch's current implementation, I don't think it's necessary, at least if it's just showing you the Aura of the Hatch at all times.

    I unno, why not do something like:

    Bloodwarden 2.0 - The Entity's Drainpipe

    While the Exit Gates are Open, the Aura of The Hatch is revealed to you within 16/20/24m. If The Hatch is closed, you may Stomp on it to open it. The Hatch re-opens and cannot be closed, and all Exit Gates are blocked by The Entity for the remainder of the Trial.

    I think this is a creative idea! In terms of the previous points you made check out my post right above yours :)

  • It matters a ton if the killer also knows where the hatch is and again left behind isn't used that much I only seen one game where it was used and it was on a bill running his default perks(assuming he was going for that achievement where you use a survivor and escape with only their perks) and even than he didn't get a chance to use left behind as the game ended in a 2k wouldve been 3k if the bill didn't protect his teammate really well(and I gave him hatch after downing him for his devotion)

  • @megaweenieman said:

    So it can be a legit race for finding hatch vs those running left behind

    Just make it a feature of Zanshin Tactics. Once the hatch is open, Zanshin reveals it’s aura within the range of the current tier of the perk.

  • Waste of a perk slot. Just like Left Behind, unless you have a key.

    I'd have nothing against this perk being made except that it would just add to the pile of useless perks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

    That is my initial reaction towards the idea.

    Sure, it's interacting with an existing asset in a new way, but IMO the Killer is already able to roam the map with impunity, they can still just slug the 3rd survivor to find it (even though I despise that), and they are faster by default.

    With The Hatch's current implementation, I don't think it's necessary, at least if it's just showing you the Aura of the Hatch at all times.

    I unno, why not do something like:

    Bloodwarden 2.0 - The Entity's Drainpipe

    While the Exit Gates are Open, the Aura of The Hatch is revealed to you within 16/20/24m. If The Hatch is closed, you may Stomp on it to open it. The Hatch re-opens and cannot be closed, and all Exit Gates are blocked by The Entity for the remainder of the Trial.

    That is really interesting, it just needs a closer look and to be tested in practice and rework it a bit. I like it :D

  • @Bwsted said:

    Waste of a perk slot. Just like Left Behind, unless you have a key.

    I'd have nothing against this perk being made except that it would just add to the pile of useless perks.

    @RakNieborakYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2350235#Comment_2350235

    That is really interesting, it just needs a closer look and to be tested in practice and rework it a bit. I like it :D

    Again, I don’t think it needs to be an extra perk. Make it an additional feature of Zanshin Tactics.

  • but zanshin tactics is already a survivor perk lookalike and doesn't need it

  • @RakNieborakYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2350365#Comment_2350365

    but zanshin tactics is already a survivor perk lookalike and doesn't need it

    That makes no sense.

  • In the current state of perks, maybe later. If they take my key change, then i already suggested one, as base kit. I'd link the suggestion but it was given to a fog whisperer, since BHVR doesn't take much that we say to heart. Because there's a LOT to weed through.

    But to just have a Killer version of Left Behind is really a waste. Territorial Imperative would be less of a waste.