Is Bubba cursed?

I am pushing my limits and working on killers I struggle with. I decided Bubba would be up next and now I am convinced he is a cursed killer.

Every game, no matter how I play, there is a DC. Most of them are DC right at the start of the match when they see who I am, or when I get a down with a chainsaw.

I have played against a LOT of Bubbas. I have seen every flavor of Bubba: Face Camping Bubba, Basement Bubba, Don't Touch My Chest Bubba, Revvy Revvy Can't Land My Chainsaw Bubba, and even just normal Bubbas (they exist). He isn't that hard of a killer to face so what gives?

Has Bubba been tainted by people who used him for griefing? Or, are people just DCing a ton because of no penalty?

I would say every 4ty or 5th match there is a DC (no matter which side I'm playing). I know people are abusing the fact that there is no dc penalty... but as soon as I started playing Bubba it is pretty much every match.

(Also if anyone has any Bubba tips please tell) ^^

Comments

  • I’m 1 hook monstrous shine basement camping Bubba as we speak.

    It’s the optimal games played to steam -reps collected killer.

  • Lethal pursuer is awesome on him. That is the perk name right?

  • Bubbas biggest weakness is vaults. Thus crowd control or baboozle are amazing on him

    Dont let his ability to get rid of pallets quickly fool you. If the survivor is feeding you pallets get rid of 3 or 4 and go after someone else

    Tinkerer is also an amzing perk on him

    As for the curse, the most dangerous place to be in this game is at the bottom of basement stairs with a bubba at the top. A lot of people play to that strength, survivors dont like that so assume thats happening and dc

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349826#Comment_2349826

    Crowd Control is not as good as people think, lemme explain why:

    Giving a classic example THE SHACK: the survivor will vault the window and the entity will block it for several seconds, then you will either proceed to go right... left or vault by yourself. Now where is the what happens:

    • you vault the window with default speed and give the survivor time to run away, providing him with more time and maybe not even a dropped pallet.
    • You go right side to the nearest path to the pallet, but the survivor sees you and runs the opposite direction either circling the shack because the window is blocked or leaving the loop, concluding in more time wasted without actual result for you the killer.
    • You go to the second entrance and the survivor sees you and runs to the pallet, giving him even more distance to follow the back side of the shack and loop you at least 1 more time not even with dropping the pallet or you getting a hit.

    Here is a drawn example of 2 of the points from above:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UXI7U3UTMMMJ/image.png

    And one more important thing to mention, the perk is a hex, even with all the negatives showcased above... it can be destroyed.

    Why is Bamboozle better?

    You get a fast vaulting speed and also block the vault, giving the survivor less distance and you the ability to bruteforce the pallet, eliminating the mindgame that could waste your time and the entire loop. It's a drop or die scenario, lastly the perk never goes away since it's not a hex.

    I agree bamboozle is better, i just saw tofu wreck kids with crowd control and figured id mention it

  • Cause hes a bs killer

  • @Ghouled_Mojo said:

    Lethal pursuer is awesome on him. That is the perk name right?

    I am trying to grind that exact perk out in the Blood web :D I am excited to try it on him!

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349839#Comment_2349839

    I agree bamboozle is better, i just saw tofu wreck kids with crowd control and figured id mention it

    It’s better than bamboozle, but it can be gone in the first 15 seconds of the game so….

    When I used it on him I had to stack them.

    Im sure Mr Streamer cherry-picks his games when he wins. It’s not rocket science.

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    Bubbas biggest weakness is vaults. Thus crowd control or baboozle are amazing on him

    Dont let his ability to get rid of pallets quickly fool you. If the survivor is feeding you pallets get rid of 3 or 4 and go after someone else

    Tinkerer is also an amzing perk on him

    As for the curse, the most dangerous place to be in this game is at the bottom of basement stairs with a bubba at the top. A lot of people play to that strength, survivors dont like that so assume thats happening and dc

    Right now I have Bamboozle, BBQ, Nurses, and Franklin's ^^

    I will switch Franklin's out if I don't see a ton of items and exchange it with Devour or Corrupt depending on how I'm feeling.

  • @FancyMrB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349826#Comment_2349826

    Right now I have Bamboozle, BBQ, Nurses, and Franklin's ^^

    I will switch Franklin's out if I don't see a ton of items and exchange it with Devour or Corrupt depending on how I'm feeling.

    How much value are you getting from nurses? Usually not a good pick with 32m killers

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349826#Comment_2349826

    Crowd Control is not as good as people think, lemme explain why:

    Giving a classic example THE SHACK: the survivor will vault the window and the entity will block it for several seconds, then you will either proceed to go right... left or vault by yourself. Now where is the what happens:

    • you vault the window with default speed and give the survivor time to run away, providing him with more time and maybe not even a dropped pallet.
    • You go right side to the nearest path to the pallet, but the survivor sees you and runs the opposite direction either circling the shack because the window is blocked or leaving the loop, concluding in more time wasted without actual result for you the killer.
    • You go to the second entrance and the survivor sees you and runs to the pallet, giving him even more distance to follow the back side of the shack and loop you at least 1 more time not even with dropping the pallet or you getting a hit.

    Here is a drawn example of 2 of the points from above:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UXI7U3UTMMMJ/image.png

    And one more important thing to mention, the perk is a hex, even with all the negatives showcased above... it can be destroyed.

    Why is Bamboozle better?

    You get a fast vaulting speed and also block the vault, giving the survivor less distance and you the ability to bruteforce the pallet, eliminating the mindgame that could waste your time and the entire loop. It's a drop or die scenario, lastly the perk never goes away since it's not a hex.

    Thank you for that breakdown!

    If I run a Hex it is usually Devour, Ruin, and sometimes Noed. Most other Hexes don't seem worth the risk of running of them you know?

    I love Bamboozle and currently have it on my Bubba!

  • @Zokenay said:

    Cause hes a bs killer

    Feel better now that you got that out?

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349852#Comment_2349852

    How much value are you getting from nurses? Usually not a good pick with 32m killers

    Very little value... I didn't even think about his Terror radius size ;_;

    Thank you for pointing that out! Maybe I will replace it with a slow down perk or maybe Discordance

  • Yeah i dislike a killer that just deletes you, if you dont have a pallet and window next to you 24/7


    And dont get me started on his bs camping thats impossible to escape from.

  • @FancyMrB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349854#Comment_2349854

    Very little value... I didn't even think about his Terror radius size ;_;

    Thank you for pointing that out! Maybe I will replace it with a slow down perk or maybe Discordance

    Discordance is great. I dig it

  • @Zokenay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349859#Comment_2349859

    Yeah i dislike a killer that just deletes you, if you dont have a pallet and window next to you 24/7

    And dont get me started on his bs camping thats impossible to escape from.

    Camping from anyone sucks ;_;

    Idk, maybe I have just run into unskilled Bubbas but I never have a big issue with him. Yah I have fallen for basement Bubba but who hasn't? Almost like a dbd right of passage hahaha ^^

    If a Bubba is wasting time face camping me then my teammates usually slam gens and gtfo. If Bubba is playing normal he isn't that bad.

  • Bubba isn't exactly cursed, people are just not willing to sit there while getting camped, even if the killer is not playing like that.

  • His secret perk is moderately/considerably/tremendously decreasing the survivors' IQ. That's why people DC after getting downed by him.

  • New Bubba can't be abused as easily as the old one, so people are taking advantage of no DC penalty.

    I like playing against him, but he is a good bit tougher to face. Especially in solo queue, you don't really have anyone to help you out, so it's a bit nastier trying to avoid that saw. Still fun matches, just a bit more dangerous than it used to be.

  • @FancyMrB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349854#Comment_2349854

    Very little value... I didn't even think about his Terror radius size ;_;

    Thank you for pointing that out! Maybe I will replace it with a slow down perk or maybe Discordance

    Try Sloppy Butcher if you M1 a lot.