The game is unfun once again, I'm taking another big pause from dbd, again....

pls read the whole post before commenting, thanks.

I'm a Pyramid main (yes I changed my mains because he's actually viable, but still play bubba and hag), and I'm rank 2 and 4 pips (not 1 but almost, that's when I lose because of something, since destroying noobs gives black pip and that time you find a good team after ages you're playing the wrong killer...),

and I'm waiting in lobbies for survivors, hoping good survivors.

I live in Italy, Rovigo near the town centre, and have a good ping and no other programs open.

After waiting 2,3,4 minutes even, with cross play active because if not it's even more time wasted, I find potato survivors, that I destroy really ezly and leave me with a sense of WASTED time.

The ONLY fun I'm actually having is in private 1 vs 1s in the dbd scrims discord server, so in KYF, because lobbies take ages to find, survivors are always bad and still in the evening I don't see any good survivors, after dodging multiple lobbies and seeing their hours.

And, even with "some" survivors, every match 1 dud ######### dces, or either suicide, and the match is ######### ruined.

PLS BHVR, DO SOMETHING FOR PLAYERS' BEHAVIOUR, AND PUT MMR ON, BECAUSE THIS lobby simulator IS UNBEARABLE!

Alright, I've had enough to play against noobs and waiting ages

ALL TIMES OF THE DAY NO MATTER WHAT

Unless it's 1am and then only good players somehow remain...

I'm MAYBE coming back mid chapter patch, I've had enough Mathieu, it's just too much frustration for me

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    This is a population issue, not something MMR will "solve" apart from giving you longer queue times. An honestly, if they are really that much of a potato, even dynamic objectives wouldn't help either.

    You'd need to shift your definition of "winning". Why not try some jumpscare Killer?

    What winning is is clearly defined in the game's tutorial

  • I'm being serious with everything just because I've had enought of people having their own objective in game always, even ruining those matches where 3 people are playing well and 1 dces.

    The situation in game is so sad that even jokes are so sad because in practice they don't conclude anything

  • I'll come back, if it's worth it, don't you worry

  • If you want more challenging matches, the best way to do that at the moment on PC is turning crossplay off. Personally I'm a survivor main and so 95% of games with crossplay off are Nurse, Blight or Spirit. These players act like they're playing in tournaments.

    I also find teammates there are much more often than not better, although of course there's still some inexperienced players.

    I live in the EU and match times aren't actually bad, at least for survivor. You might wanna give it a go.

    Also just FYI to anyone reading this. I am not implying anything about Console Vs PC skill difference. The reason crossplay off players tend to be better is because crossplay off matches have lots of people queuing for exactly what OP is looking for. Challenging matches, challenging opponents.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349002#Comment_2349002

    I'm not joking. Learn to make your own fun. Try to continue and setup a competitive scene, try and draw people into it, just follow along, or even leave to find something else.

    The inherent issue is that there are not enough people that share your idea of fun. Unless BHVR can whip up some wicked AI, that's not something they can really address apart from making their game even more approachable.

    To some degree, MMR might help with this, but it's not an instantaneous fix.

    When MMR was active there were A LOT, and I mean a LOOOOOOOOT of good players, now it's only noobs. So, players that want to compete ACTUALLY EXIST, but the matchmaking is garbage

  • @Pepsidot said:

    If you want more challenging matches, the best way to do that at the moment on PC is turning crossplay off. Personally I'm a survivor main and so 95% of games with crossplay off are Nurse, Blight or Spirit. These players act like they're playing in tournaments.

    I also find teammates there are much more often than not better, although of course there's still some inexperienced players.

    I live in the EU and match times aren't actually bad, at least for survivor. You might wanna give it a go.

    Also just FYI to anyone reading this. I am not implying anything about Console Vs PC skill difference. The reason crossplay off players tend to be better is because crossplay off matches have lots of people queuing for exactly what OP is looking for. Challenging matches, challenging opponents.

    I'm doing it, even now, but still I'm not training at all.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    If you want more challenging matches, the best way to do that at the moment on PC is turning crossplay off. Personally I'm a survivor main and so 95% of games with crossplay off are Nurse, Blight or Spirit. These players act like they're playing in tournaments.

    I also find teammates there are much more often than not better, although of course there's still some inexperienced players.

    I live in the EU and match times aren't actually bad, at least for survivor. You might wanna give it a go.

    Also just FYI to anyone reading this. I am not implying anything about Console Vs PC skill difference. The reason crossplay off players tend to be better is because crossplay off matches have lots of people queuing for exactly what OP is looking for. Challenging matches, challenging opponents.

    The combination of time waited and players found is very very frustrating.

    I'm currently not playing survivor, because I'm rank 18 just because I didn't have time to play survivor for school problems, and I'd have to press M1 on gens for hours and hours and bully baby killers even with cross play off. I want to play with and against good players, geez

  • I think you're blowing this way out of proportion. There's worse things in life than potato survivors.

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    pls read the whole post before commenting, thanks.

    I'm a Pyramid main (yes I changed my mains because he's actually viable, but still play bubba and hag), and I'm rank 2 and 4 pips (not 1 but almost, that's when I lose because of something, since destroying noobs gives black pip and that time you find a good team after ages you're playing the wrong killer...),

    and I'm waiting in lobbies for survivors, hoping good survivors.

    I live in Italy, Rovigo near the town centre, and have a good ping and no other programs open.

    After waiting 2,3,4 minutes even, with cross play active because if not it's even more time wasted, I find potato survivors, that I destroy really ezly and leave me with a sense of WASTED time.

    The ONLY fun I'm actually having is in private 1 vs 1s in the dbd scrims discord server, so in KYF, because lobbies take ages to find, survivors are always bad and still in the evening I don't see any good survivors, after dodging multiple lobbies and seeing their hours.

    And, even with "some" survivors, every match 1 dud ######### dces, or either suicide, and the match is ######### ruined.

    PLS BHVR, DO SOMETHING FOR PLAYERS' BEHAVIOUR, AND PUT MMR ON, BECAUSE THIS lobby simulator IS UNBEARABLE!

    Alright, I've had enough to play against noobs and waiting ages

    ALL TIMES OF THE DAY NO MATTER WHAT

    Unless it's 1am and then only good players somehow remain...

    I'm MAYBE coming back mid chapter patch, I've had enough Mathieu, it's just too much frustration for me

    Ok bye

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    You play some of the best killers in a asymmetrical 1vs4 game and complain it's not fun because it's too easy. MMR is not gonna fix that, because even if you get "equally skilled survivors" the game is not balanced, because it can't be. It's asymmetrical to begin with but there are too many variables to keep balanced at this point.

    Dbd is not a good competitive game.

    At max the game is harder for killers, not survivors.

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    pls read the whole post before commenting, thanks.

    I'm a Pyramid main (yes I changed my mains because he's actually viable, but still play bubba and hag), and I'm rank 2 and 4 pips (not 1 but almost, that's when I lose because of something, since destroying noobs gives black pip and that time you find a good team after ages you're playing the wrong killer...),

    and I'm waiting in lobbies for survivors, hoping good survivors.

    I live in Italy, Rovigo near the town centre, and have a good ping and no other programs open.

    After waiting 2,3,4 minutes even, with cross play active because if not it's even more time wasted, I find potato survivors, that I destroy really ezly and leave me with a sense of WASTED time.

    The ONLY fun I'm actually having is in private 1 vs 1s in the dbd scrims discord server, so in KYF, because lobbies take ages to find, survivors are always bad and still in the evening I don't see any good survivors, after dodging multiple lobbies and seeing their hours.

    And, even with "some" survivors, every match 1 dud ######### dces, or either suicide, and the match is ######### ruined.

    PLS BHVR, DO SOMETHING FOR PLAYERS' BEHAVIOUR, AND PUT MMR ON, BECAUSE THIS lobby simulator IS UNBEARABLE!

    Alright, I've had enough to play against noobs and waiting ages

    ALL TIMES OF THE DAY NO MATTER WHAT

    Unless it's 1am and then only good players somehow remain...

    I'm MAYBE coming back mid chapter patch, I've had enough Mathieu, it's just too much frustration for me

    If you are as good as you say you are you wouldn't have done a detailed explanation of your rank because ranks don't mean much in DBD.

    But I do get the frustration of the shotty matchmaking, I hope it gets fixed soon.

  • @papabear2009 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/265096/the-game-is-unfun-once-again-im-taking-another-big-pause-from-dbd-again

    If you are as good as you say you are you wouldn't have done a detailed explanation of your rank because ranks don't mean much in DBD.

    But I do get the frustration of the shotty matchmaking, I hope it gets fixed soon.

    Ranks mean at least SOMETHING: being rank 5 and rank 1 is somewhat different, you feel the gens going faster, so maybe from rank 2 to rank 1 something changes (?)

  • 4mins wait? I'm waiting 10+ for a killer lobby, must be lucky to get such bad survivors I often get survivors that know how to loop. Why not just play the game more chill? You can easily pip versing bad players unless you're ending it early for no reason (they could be quitting but that's due to DC not punishing people)

  • You could always play a garbage killer like Trapper and surely that would make your life harder even with bad survivors.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    4mins wait? I'm waiting 10+ for a killer lobby, must be lucky to get such bad survivors I often get survivors that know how to loop. Why not just play the game more chill? You can easily pip versing bad players unless you're ending it early for no reason (they could be quitting but that's due to DC not punishing people)

    Yeah playing the game chill and have fun chases is good, but when you play for 3 hours and every match is the same as the previous one, apart from archives, daylies and having fun you don't have the intrest to play that killer as hard.

    @ThiccBudhha said:

    You could always play a garbage killer like Trapper and surely that would make your life harder even with bad survivors.

    Yeah, this is 100% true, especially because with him all survivors magically become master bullies

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2350271#Comment_2350271

    Yeah playing the game chill and have fun chases is good, but when you play for 3 hours and every match is the same as the previous one, apart from archives, daylies and having fun you don't have the intrest to play that killer as hard.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2350277#Comment_2350277

    Yeah, this is 100% true, especially because with him all survivors magically become master bullies

    Well that's why there are 2 roles and multiple killers, some people do find it boring having a main so maybe that's the issue you're having with DBD? Iv mained characters in other games but couldn't in this one, having said that I dont often get potatoes when playing killer (if I can play killer, wait time are ew)