1.5hr Wait Time, and No Game Found? (July 9th, 2021)

I don't know about everyone else, but I am sick to death of these absolutely unforgivable queue times. Hell, I can't even call them 'queue times'. Just earlier I waited up to 1.5hrs without even finding a match (this is on Xbox in Australia). Even with cross-play enabled, I just can't seem to find a single match. This is appalling. I bought Game Pass the other day specifically for Dead by Daylight, and, after mustering the courage to face ranked matches (I held off, just playing a custom with a friend to 'practice', as I know how toxic games can be, even with Rank 20 games), I was met with the 'Searching for a Match' screen for an unending amount of time. I then retried multiple times, only to quit altogether just moments ago.

This is absolutely pathetic. How many times have we complained? How many years, since Dead by Daylight released, have we shed light on the fact that some of our queue times are never-ending? It's halfway through 2021, and we still have the same problems we saw at launch. And why? You'd think by now BHVR would have broken off from their ways and introduced some bot system or something that would fill Survivor pools -- or a Killer slot -- with an AI opponent after you are stuck waiting, say, 30 minutes or longer for a game.

And before someone says this is a 'me' issue, note that hundreds or thousands of other players face a similar fate on the queue screen every single day. I have seen countless Reddit posts, forum threads, and Instagram comments highlighting the sheer inability of BHVR to provide solutions and act on these issues, and even more complaining about wait times as long as 1hr for a game. Many Killers discuss waiting 45 minutes or so for a game, only to have two or three Survivors DC (which could be to blame for console performance at the moment), and their own game disconnecting due to unforeseen circumstances. And it's horrible.

It's almost like I'll never be able to get past Rank 20 on Xbox, because I can't even locate a match. And it's not only a problem for new account players like me, or new players in general -- even Survivors in the Red Ranks are seeing queue times of up to 40 minutes in some cases. And that could also be partly due to the fact that there's more incentive to play Survivors nowadays...

And the worst part is, this whole thing is especially bad in Australia. I have not met or heard of a single person in this country who has had a 20-minute-or-under wait time, even given that we have a large and previously thriving player base here downunder. I don't know if it's because of the fact that Australian servers were being analysed for 'plausibility' or something along those lines early last year or the year before, or if our servers have somehow dissolved suddenly, but I shouldn't be sitting on a blank screen for 1.5hrs. That's just pathetic.

Yet people still feed BHVR money. And I can see this post being reported, or devs taking action on it regardless. As if this is my fault. I hope that's not the case, but with the whole 'boycott' situation at the moment, who knows... criticisms to a company unable to provide even the most basic customer service to their consumers are often met with such things...


But, I'm only one person. I can see my situation getting nowhere, and at the moment it's almost as if I'm prohibited from playing the game as it is. If anyone has any fixes, please let me know. I'm really agitated right now.

Comments

  • There was a bug with matchmaking yesterday iirc (which has now been fixed) and currently there's an overall bug too. If you press ready but you can't unready then it means you're bugged and need to hard restart your game.

    Not that it's forgivable, but here's a workaround just in case. If it ever gets over 20 minutes restart the game.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    There was a bug with matchmaking yesterday iirc (which has now been fixed) and currently there's an overall bug too. If you press ready but you can't unready then it means you're bugged and need to hard restart your game.

    Not that it's forgivable, but here's a workaround just in case. If it ever gets over 20 minutes restart the game.

    I'll start making that a habit, thanks mate.

    And nah. I've had the unready button there every time. It's just absolutely ludicrous wait times... All I want is to play the game.

  • @TerrorUnleashed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347900#Comment_2347900

    I'll start making that a habit, thanks mate.

    And nah. I've had the unready button there every time. It's just absolutely ludicrous wait times... All I want is to play the game.

    No worries, it's unfortunate that grey rank queue times are so abysmal (so you may have to up it to half an hour until you're in yellows or something) so if you can swf with a higher level teammate, even if you get crushed every game you should end up with much quicker queue times.

    I hope you get your issue sorted soon :)

  • @TerrorUnleashed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347900#Comment_2347900

    I'll start making that a habit, thanks mate.

    And nah. I've had the unready button there every time. It's just absolutely ludicrous wait times... All I want is to play the game.

    "And nah. I've had the unready button there every time. It's just absolutely ludicrous wait times"

    I mean, it is probably because not many players are in grey Ranks (maybe you will have more luck in a few days when Rank Reset hit on the 13th), but having the Unready-Button must not mean anything. Sometimes the games looks like it is searching for a match but is exactly doing nothing.

    This happens very rarely, but it happens.

    But again, most likely it is indeed long wait times due to not many players in your Rank.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347921#Comment_2347921

    No worries, it's unfortunate that grey rank queue times are so abysmal (so you may have to up it to half an hour until you're in yellows or something) so if you can swf with a higher level teammate, even if you get crushed every game you should end up with much quicker queue times.

    I hope you get your issue sorted soon :)

    Cheers mate. I appreciate that. It's good to see some humanity in the community, after what seems years of indifference. I'll do what I can :)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347921#Comment_2347921

    "And nah. I've had the unready button there every time. It's just absolutely ludicrous wait times"

    I mean, it is probably because not many players are in grey Ranks (maybe you will have more luck in a few days when Rank Reset hit on the 13th), but having the Unready-Button must not mean anything. Sometimes the games looks like it is searching for a match but is exactly doing nothing.

    This happens very rarely, but it happens.

    But again, most likely it is indeed long wait times due to not many players in your Rank.

    Which makes my point about implementing bots after such long wait times all the more reasoned. We shouldn't have this happen... and I'm not the only one. I'm just glad that I've at least had some amount of experience in the game elsewhere before... it's otherwise unplayable for newcomers

  • @TerrorUnleashed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347928#Comment_2347928

    Which makes my point about implementing bots after such long wait times all the more reasoned. We shouldn't have this happen... and I'm not the only one. I'm just glad that I've at least had some amount of experience in the game elsewhere before... it's otherwise unplayable for newcomers

    Honestly I agree, grey ranks having bots fill spaces after 5 minutes would be such a welcome change (obviously this vanishes when you hit yellow ranks) and would help the new player experience immensely

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347935#Comment_2347935

    Honestly I agree, grey ranks having bots fill spaces after 5 minutes would be such a welcome change (obviously this vanishes when you hit yellow ranks) and would help the new player experience immensely

    Another vote up. This is exactly my point. Perhaps I haven't articulated my thoughts clearly enough, but that's exactly the logic behind it. Thanks for agreeing.

  • The only issue is that the game can't create players out of thin air. Aus servers don't have many players, even less in gray ranks.

  • "I think we did a pretty good JoB So FaR"

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347935#Comment_2347935

    Honestly I agree, grey ranks having bots fill spaces after 5 minutes would be such a welcome change (obviously this vanishes when you hit yellow ranks) and would help the new player experience immensely

    Oh my Lord. I just found out about Cheers through your profile and this is deeply saddening. Sorry for your loss, if they are gone, and my apologies that I could only place a comment on the top of their activity blog. I couldn't reply to any of the existing comments for some reason. I hope you're ok.

  • Just wait to see what queue times will be like with MMR…

    I’m petrified

  • @TerrorUnleashed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347939#Comment_2347939

    Oh my Lord. I just found out about Cheers through your profile and this is deeply saddening. Sorry for your loss, if they are gone, and my apologies that I could only place a comment on the top of their activity blog. I couldn't reply to any of the existing comments for some reason. I hope you're ok.

    Yeah, uh, it gets easier to deal with thankfully. Took it pretty bad but my friends helped me through and I like to think I've moved on while still remembering him. Thanks

  • @IMhereRUN said:

    Just wait to see what queue times will be like with MMR…

    I’m petrified

    And people are acting like MMR is 'already a thing'... my ass. We'll go from 1.5hrs to bloody 25 before we know it

  • @TerrorUnleashed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347957#Comment_2347957

    And people are acting like MMR is 'already a thing'... my ass. We'll go from 1.5hrs to bloody 25 before we know it

    Right. The average player probably won’t notice much difference. But very good and very bad players…yikes!

  • @IMhereRUN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347965#Comment_2347965

    Right. The average player probably won’t notice much difference. But very good and very bad players…yikes!

    Indeed...