Performance vs anti aliasing.

nvm. msi afterburner was bugged and didn't apply the temperature limit. it is only an 8 fps boost (at least in the lobby) for killer and nothing on survivor for some reason.

Comments

  • Interesting. I’m guessing you can only turn that off on PC, correct?

  • @KerJuice said:

    Interesting. I’m guessing you can only turn that off on PC, correct?

    yep. Survivors have a Pixeled mesh in the shape of the hair that anti aliasing is forced to fill in and create strands.

  • For my old settings:

    I didn't really care about the hair so I just turned anti-aliasing off. It looks a lot cleaner, if you don't mind the pixels that is.

  • @glitchboi said:

    For my old settings:

    I didn't really care about the hair so I just turned anti-aliasing off. It looks a lot cleaner, if you don't mind the pixels that is.

    I guess it is cheap and quick t make hair this way so they chose it over performance.

  • ermm it would make zero sense if the poor excuse for AA in this game impact your FPS that much, its not "real" AA its a post processing version called FXAA or TAA (if they updated) which just does not ask much as its not nearly as advanced.


    also why are they doing it this way, preeeeeetty sure they dont know any better, it would be nice if they would invest in hiring people who know the Unreal Engine well (and seeing as its the most populair engine there are MANY of those out there) but they rather make money then spend it.

  • @BioX said:

    ermm it would make zero sense if the poor excuse for AA in this game impact your FPS that much, its not "real" AA its a post processing version called FXAA or TAA (if they updated) which just does not ask much as its not nearly as advanced.

    also why are they doing it this way, preeeeeetty sure they dont know any better, it would be nice if they would invest in hiring people who know the Unreal Engine well (and seeing as its the most populair engine there are MANY of those out there) but they rather make money then spend it.

    Sitting in the 80s on ultra 1440p with a gtx 980 ti.. I swear it was in the 60-70 range before, although i have not checked for a while.