YAY!! Stridor & Iron Will.

  • Effects that improve a Killer's hearing, such as the perk "Stridor" or the add-on "Swing Chains," will only be heard from the Killer's perspective. Survivors will no longer hear themselves as louder when the Killer is running such effects.
  • Effects that modify sound are now multiplicative rather than additive. This means that sounds that are reduced to 0%, such as injured noises by the perk "Iron Will," will no longer be increased by perks such as "Stridor" and will instead remain at 0.

Well... Spirit players will be pissed...

Hopefully this also addresses the bugs with the live versions of Bite The Bullet & Self Preservation.

Comments

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    • Effects that improve a Killer's hearing, such as the perk "Stridor" or the add-on "Swing Chains," will only be heard from the Killer's perspective. Survivors will no longer hear themselves as louder when the Killer is running such effects.
    • Effects that modify sound are now multiplicative rather than additive. This means that sounds that are reduced to 0%, such as injured noises by the perk "Iron Will," will no longer be increased by perks such as "Stridor" and will instead remain at 0.

    Well... Spirit players will be pissed...

    Hopefully this also addresses the bugs with the live versions of Bite The Bullet & Self Preservation.

    Yes because having a survivor perk block the effect of a killer perk and multible addons while keeping his full funktionality sure sounds balaced

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2343742#Comment_2343742

    It’s too strong to last the whole match. Just imagine if Spirit got changed to have directional audio, Iron Will users will have no counterplay.

    There is counterplay, blood and scratch marks, just because you choose to not use them doesn’t mean there isn’t counterplay.

    Iron will is fine.

  • @unluckycombo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2343797#Comment_2343797

    I wouldn't say it grants invisibility by any means.

    Unless you're running Lucky Break with it, you still leave Scratch Marks and blood trails. To add to it, if you're running around the entire game injured with Iron Will, the second you get caught out of position by the Killer, it's most likely going to be a down unless you have SB ready. (And, even then, we've been seeing more and more Killers that are leagues better in a 1v1 compared to 1v4..)

    Idk, I agree that they should have done a bigger change with Stridor, but I don't think the two should have interacted as they did in the first place- because it didn't make sense. People on the forums have been arguing for years that Stridor doesn't counter Iron Will because of the text, but the way everything was set up, it didn't work how it said. I think Iron Will is fine as it is, and I don't think it should receive any changes just because sounds constantly break on both sides. (Seriously, I've had my fair share of silent slugs and no footsteps, but I've also had my fair share of getting hit with Starstruck from the other side of the map because the Killer is running Agitation, but I had no way to know it was coming because I couldn't hear a terror radius.) That's another issue on it's own.

    If you're chasing someone with Iron Will in say a jungle gym, they are basically invisibe.

    Chase music is often loud enough to cover foot steps, as well as how objects (such as fire barrels) cover up noises of idle breathing. Sometimes even the killer's breathing does that too.

    Scratch marks can easily be unreliable as they could start to begin to fade if they do a couple of loops around a jungle gym and then make the decision to leave. Or they could blend in with something and hide.

  • Sorry but I really don’t get the point of this discussion. The changes have only an impact on a op-stridor-spirit so in my eyes it’s totally fine. All people who crying just want a free spirit win. And why shouldn’t a survivor perk top a killerperk? The killer has such a huge impact to the game, starts with the choice of the killer, lobbydodging, than the lobby to see items, check profils, swfs and in game to choose the tactic like 3gening, slug, camp, tunnel... so don’t ask for survivor nerfs and be ok-ish that the only killer who use stridor is overperforming with that and this have to be adressed for long time.

  • @ich_häng_mal_rum said:

    Sorry but I really don’t get the point of this discussion. The changes have only an impact on a op-stridor-spirit so in my eyes it’s totally fine. All people who crying just want a free spirit win. And why shouldn’t a survivor perk top a killerperk? The killer has such a huge impact to the game, starts with the choice of the killer, lobbydodging, than the lobby to see items, check profils, swfs and in game to choose the tactic like 3gening, slug, camp, tunnel... so don’t ask for survivor nerfs and be ok-ish that the only killer who use stridor is overperforming with that and this have to be adressed for long time.

    And why shouldn’t a survivor perk top a killerperk?

    Because that's not how asymmetrical games are supposed to work. 4 survivors working together are equal to 1 killer. That's how it's supposed to work.

    And before you say that I just want a "free spirit win" (as if there were such a thing as a "free win"), note that not only do I not play Spirit, I don't play killer at all.

  • How you get the opinion that it’s fine? It gives value all game. The only skill to use it effectively is to equip it lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    How do you even play spirit now? Guess where they are, whilst survivors have to guess where you are too? Some power that is...

    I like it. It's a coin toss. I'll still come on top because survivors are mostly potatoes anyways. They're predictable.

  • @Orion I don’t care which perk top another one, I said only that there is no reason that it must be the killerperk. It’s just a cheap argument in posts before.

  • @ich_häng_mal_rum said:

    @Orion I don’t care which perk top another one, I said only that there is no reason that it must be the killerperk. It’s just a cheap argument in posts before.

    And I gave you a reason for why it must (or should) be the killer perk.

  • @Orion and I gave you 9 reasons why it’s mustn’t be

  • I think it's an awful lazy way to nerf Spirit.

    Now i am going to face even more Iron Will users as I already do.

    Iron Will doesn't only mute breathing often even footsteps too.

    So i tend to mindgame myself at Tiles because i can't hear them running away.

    Iron Will needs to get fixed and Spirit needs actual counterplay without Perks.

    It's unfair that other Killers have to suffer because this broken mess exists.

  • @ich_häng_mal_rum said:

    @Orion and I gave you 9 reasons why it’s mustn’t be

    ...Which don't work in an asymmetrical game. This isn't 1v1, it's 4v1.

  • @Orion I‘m open for a constructive discussion, but not discuss only for discuss...

  • @ich_häng_mal_rum said:

    @Orion I‘m open for a constructive discussion, but not discuss only for discuss...

    As am I. If you can explain why you think it's balanced that survivor perks can override killer perks, despite DbD being a 4v1 asymmetrical game, feel free to do so.

  • @Orion I never said that survivor perks should override killerperks but I don’t get why it should be the other way. All you say is „it’s a asymmetrical game“ and that’s just no argument.

    so it means in your logic disrortion shouldn’t hide the aura, inner strength should be affected by sloppy... is that your opinion??

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Just one of the few hard counters of each other in the game is finally gone. There are more that I would like to see changed (looking at you, Lightborn).

    For Killers. Killers don't get to have nice things; survivors get to be more numerous and have more and better perks.

  • @ich_häng_mal_rum said:

    @Orion I never said that survivor perks should override killerperks but I don’t get why it should be the other way. All you say is „it’s a asymmetrical game“ and that’s just no argument.

    so it means in your logic disrortion shouldn’t hide the aura, inner strength should be affected by sloppy... is that your opinion??

    @Orion I never said that survivor perks should override killerperks but I don’t get why it should be the other way. All you say is „it’s a asymmetrical game“ and that’s just no argument.

    It is an argument, though. In an asymmetrical game like DbD, you can't have each individual survivor be as strong as each killer, because that's just unbalanced. All 4 survivors together are supposed to be able to match the killer. That's how the game remains balanced.

    so it means in your logic disrortion shouldn’t hide the aura, inner strength should be affected by sloppy... is that your opinion??

    Note that Distortion has a limited number of uses (because it'd be too strong otherwise), and Inner Strength is not the same as the healing interaction, so it makes sense that it's not affected by Sloppy Butcher.

  • @Orion The killer is faster than survivors and every killer has his own special ability and a lot of different addons. And the killer has the advantage to see survivors in the lobby, so he can look for items, swf, check profils and he has the choice to dodge a lobby. In game the killer chose the way, the trail should go, with tactics like 3genig, slug, camp, tunnel.... All this are part of a asymmetrical game. And on top there are a lot of strong killerperks, which have a huge impact on the game.

    So I don’t get why a few perks shouldn’t counter or override some killerperks. And that you said distortion would be op without stacks, is a joke. You can easily hide your aura against all auraperks or a good trapper or hag mostly doesn’t use something like bbq. Maybe a hag nurses, but she doesn’t leave her area so it’s not the best choice on her.

    I think it’s important to have on both sides elements to counter parts of the other side.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    Iron Will should not trump Stridor.

    Bad decision imo.

    I think the same, it's weird. I mean, before it was Stridor that counters Iron Will, and now it is the opposite, weird u-turn

  • I wonder how long it takes until it dawns on survivors, that a Stridor nerf actually makes Spirit mains more lethal. Since they now can take more effective tracking perks.

    *shrugs*

  • Just do what I do and use Bloodhound... So many angry survivors when I find em and they claim Im cheating due to not hearing them but knowing where they are... Yep cheating to follow a bright red blood trail.

  • @GannTM said:

    I’m not happy with the change. Iron Will needs a nerf just as much as Spirit does but they nerf one and buff the other. People should really stop saying the devs are killer sided.

    Dear lord, god no, absolutely not. Iron will is fine.

  • Iron will is fine as it is, its a good perk but it is in no way OP

  • @kyogul said:

    People really need to stop making this about Spirit.

    It's now another useless perk that no one's going to use. Instead of reworking Stridour to have some other useful effect (even if it doesn't synergise with Spirit anymore), they made it useless across the board.

    On top of that, they now made a survivor meta perk that's ran almost every game even stronger. Iron Will basically grants invisibility to all killers when injured. And considering how broken sounds are in this game--like the many inconsistent times you can't hear foot steps or silent slugs--you now just gave survivors the ability to be invisible and killers have no counter. Not even Freddy who has add ons for it. This effects more than just Spirit.

    People want to ######### about Stridour Spirit but act like survivors getting invisibility for being injured is a good thing? Them getting a reward for getting hit in chase, something that is not a goal to happen? And killers getting yet again punished for performing well in chase?

    Weird.

    You act like bloodhound, predator and other teacking perks don't exist. Plus perks that counter blood pools all have timers lol

  • @kyogul said:

    People really need to stop making this about Spirit.

    It's now another useless perk that no one's going to use. Instead of reworking Stridour to have some other useful effect (even if it doesn't synergise with Spirit anymore), they made it useless across the board.

    On top of that, they now made a survivor meta perk that's ran almost every game even stronger. Iron Will basically grants invisibility to all killers when injured. And considering how broken sounds are in this game--like the many inconsistent times you can't hear foot steps or silent slugs--you now just gave survivors the ability to be invisible and killers have no counter. Not even Freddy who has add ons for it. This effects more than just Spirit.

    People want to ######### about Stridour Spirit but act like survivors getting invisibility for being injured is a good thing? Them getting a reward for getting hit in chase, something that is not a goal to happen? And killers getting yet again punished for performing well in chase?

    Weird.

    Spirit is probably the reason it got nerfed. Stridor Spirit is bullshit.

  • I'm glad people are waking up and seeing that Bloodhound is kind of good. Especially with Sloppy Butcher, it makes it nigh impossible for a Survivor to hide from you lol

    And before anyone says "LUCKY BREAK EXISTS" well, if you hit someone and don't notice their blood then leave em. Better to drop chase and go after someone else immediately and let their lucky break expire without wasting any further time on them. On top of that lucky break (thankfully) seems pretty rare imo. I hardly see it


    Anyways to actually comment on the main topic I do have to say that if this was a way to "nerf Spirit" it's really sad. They made a niche perk kind of useless instead of maybe addressing her problematic add ons or fixing Iron Will's bugs etc etc

  • @Tsulan said:

    I wonder how long it takes until it dawns on survivors, that a Stridor nerf actually makes Spirit mains more lethal. Since they now can take more effective tracking perks.

    *shrugs*

    Care to list off these more effective tracking perks that'll help her pinpoint survivors while she's phasing?

    Stridor spirit meant she could track you while injured even if you're walking, there isn't a single perk that she could equip that'll help her against a walking iron will survivor.

    Spirit still has issues, and this while it's nice is a change to a perk that survivors weren't asking for, they've been asking for changes to spirit in general.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2343797#Comment_2343797

    Spirit is probably the reason it got nerfed. Stridor Spirit is bullshit.

    I actually think Bite the Bullet is the main reason why it got nerfed, although they probably had an indirect Spirit nerf in mind when they discussed it internally.

    But Stridor effectively countered Bite the Bullet, even though it was probably unintended/oversight. There were bug reports and it made the perk trash tier. And in typical bhvr fashion, they chose 'consistency' to justify the easy way to fix the situation.

    The timing of the change checks out as well.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    Iron Will should not trump Stridor.

    Bad decision imo.

    would you prefer Spirit have exactly zero decent counter play instead of a small amount of decent counterplay?

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351248#Comment_2351248

    I actually think Bite the Bullet is the main reason why it got nerfed, although they probably had an indirect Spirit nerf in mind when they discussed it internally.

    But Stridor effectively countered Bite the Bullet, even though it was probably unintended/oversight. There were bug reports and it made the perk trash tier. And in typical bhvr fashion, they chose 'consistency' to justify the easy way to fix the situation.

    The timing of the change checks out as well.

    You could be right. Like you already mentioned, I'm sure they had Spirit in mind as well.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2343797#Comment_2343797

    Spirit is probably the reason it got nerfed. Stridor Spirit is bullshit.

    It probably has nothing to do with Spirit at all, and more to do with fixing the way Stridor shouldn’t be interacting/altering the effects of Bite The Bullet & Self Preservation.

  • @Almo said:

    We set out to normalize effects that mess with volume. The intent was not "nerf stridor" or "nerf Spirit", but "make volume-adjusting effects make sense".

    It makes zero sense that Stridor, which makes the Killer's hearing more sensitive, would also make a Survivor hear their own sounds louder. It feels wrong that something that removes the sounds you make could then have those sounds come back due to more sensitive hearing on the Killer.

    So now that this normalization is done, we'll monitor the performance of various effects that mess with volume, and make further adjustments to those effects as needed.

    This is the official reason why Stridor has been nerfed and Iron Will is now an unbeatable perk.

    In my opinion, the developers have not thought enough about game balance.

    They are going to thoughtlessly ruin perks that were in a counter relationship and worked fine.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351248#Comment_2351248

    It probably has nothing to do with Spirit at all, and more to do with fixing the way Stridor shouldn’t be interacting/altering the effects of Bite The Bullet & Self Preservation.

    You could be right. Either way I'm glad it's getting changed. No more Stridor Spirits is a good thing.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    Iron Will should not trump Stridor.

    Bad decision imo.

    agreed. it literally makes the perk never ever picked. It was already a preference choice when playing spirit... I played a few games with swing chains and stridor freddy, but now that will be bad also.

1 2 ›