Has anyone experienced horrible lag on next gen consoles?

I've been having a horrible experience on my PS5 the past 5 days. I know that last gen is in a terrible state right now but I just wanted to know has anyone had any problems on their next gen system also.

I've been seeing:

  • Me teleporting
  • See others teleport
  • Survivors on hook flying away
  • Me getting stuck at windows
  • Dead Hard just doing nothing sometimes
  • Lots of stuttering
  • Getting hit but the server taking a few seconds to register it
  • Can't drop pallets for a second
  • My dwight literally having half his body in the ground while slugged (this was hilarious though)
  • Getting stuck inside of the hook while the killer is picking me up from another spot

It's 100% fine on everything else internet related while on the console, just not games. I rang my internet provider and they said everything was good on their end. Just randomly started happening last Friday and don't know why. I'm never getting kicked out of games, it's just really horrible desync.

I'm not expecting anyone to have had these problems but I just wanted to check.

Comments

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I've been having a horrible experience on my PS5 the past 5 days. I know that last gen is in a terrible state right now but I just wanted to know has anyone had any problems on their next gen system also.

    I've been seeing:

    • Me teleporting
    • See others teleport
    • Survivors on hook flying away
    • Me getting stuck at windows
    • Dead Hard just doing nothing sometimes
    • Lots of stuttering
    • Getting hit but the server taking a few seconds to register it
    • Can't drop pallets for a second
    • My dwight literally having half his body in the ground while slugged (this was hilarious though)
    • Getting stuck inside of the hook while the killer is picking me up from another spot

    It's 100% fine on everything else internet related while on the console, just not games. I rang my internet provider and they said everything was good on their end. Just randomly started happening last Friday and don't know why. I'm never getting kicked out of games, it's just really horrible desync.

    I'm not expecting anyone to have had these problems but I just wanted to check.

    That just sounds like the normal game even on PC.

  • Trust me it's not. I've been playing for a very long time and this isn't the same thing lol

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2340998#Comment_2340998

    Trust me it's not. I've been playing for a very long time and this isn't the same thing lol

    Well then it's different for you. Everything you described has happened to me since I started playing like 3 years ago lol.

  • I'm on ps5, one evening I had a few issues with teleporting as killer, very rarely experienced anything like that on ps4 but it's an internet issue for sure, not your console.

  • If you play on launch xbox one then shadows have been replaced with solid black blobs.....

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I've been having a horrible experience on my PS5 the past 5 days. I know that last gen is in a terrible state right now but I just wanted to know has anyone had any problems on their next gen system also.

    I've been seeing:

    • Me teleporting
    • See others teleport
    • Survivors on hook flying away
    • Me getting stuck at windows
    • Dead Hard just doing nothing sometimes
    • Lots of stuttering
    • Getting hit but the server taking a few seconds to register it
    • Can't drop pallets for a second
    • My dwight literally having half his body in the ground while slugged (this was hilarious though)
    • Getting stuck inside of the hook while the killer is picking me up from another spot

    It's 100% fine on everything else internet related while on the console, just not games. I rang my internet provider and they said everything was good on their end. Just randomly started happening last Friday and don't know why. I'm never getting kicked out of games, it's just really horrible desync.

    I'm not expecting anyone to have had these problems but I just wanted to check.

    no error in x series, I think it is the only console that has no errors

  • I'm just experiencing lag. Teleporting everywhere too.

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2341000#Comment_2341000

    Well then it's different for you. Everything you described has happened to me since I started playing like 3 years ago lol.

    I've had some of these problems individually but not every single game for the past 5 days. Every game feels like the survivors/killer is lag switching lol

    It's annoying trying to loop when a killer looks like they're running one way then teleport right next to you.

    @jester20k said:

    I'm on ps5, one evening I had a few issues with teleporting as killer, very rarely experienced anything like that on ps4 but it's an internet issue for sure, not your console.

    Yea I'm pretty sure it is but just thought I'd ask. They said they've not seen any change on their end but I find that highly unlikely.

    @Zozzy said:

    If you play on launch xbox one then shadows have been replaced with solid black blobs.....

    Sounds like dbd lol

    @ZonkyWizard said:

    I'm just experiencing lag. Teleporting everywhere too.

    I assume though your on old gen though

  • That sounds like latency, a connection problem, not a hardware problem.

  • @Seraphor said:

    That sounds like latency, a connection problem, not a hardware problem.

    Its a coding problem. I am a pc player but have been playing this game on launch xbox and ps4 consoles to see how bad it is and it is terrible. My ping is only in the 20s on console.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2341262#Comment_2341262

    Its a coding problem. I am a pc player but have been playing this game on launch xbox and ps4 consoles to see how bad it is and it is terrible. My ping is only in the 20s on console.

    I'm on PS5 and have no issues.

    Everything described is exactly what high latency looks like.

  • I personally have not had problems myself, but when some one else lags it is obvious. It doesn't directly affect me either, unless I do something like pick them up from the ground.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2341271#Comment_2341271

    I'm on PS5 and have no issues.

    Everything described is exactly what high latency looks like.

    It is clear that you are a full fledged console gamer and have probably never played a game above 60 fps...I knew someone like that, they have ascended and feel physically ill when playing at 30 fps now since they are not use to it.

    The developers have not optimised the game for the hardware in ps4 and xbox. Their version of "optimisation" is to just lower the resolution to ludacris levels and make everything dark af rather then lower the game image (selecting low on pc)

    You are using new gen hardware that is as strong as what is available in pc's today and can just brute force their game no matter how bad it is.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2341273#Comment_2341273

    It is clear that you are a full fledged console games and have probably never played a game above 60 fps...I knew someone like that, they have ascended and feel physically ill when playing at 30 fps now since they are not use to it.

    The developers have not optimised the game for the hardware in ps4 and xbox. Their version of "optimisation" is to just lower the resolution to ludacris levels and make everything dark af rather then lower the game image (selecting low on pc)

    You are using new gen hardware that is as strong as what is available in pc' today and can just brute force their game no matter how bad it is.

    Sounds to me that playing games in 60fps is more of a curse then. I've never been made to feel physically sick by a game before. I'm sorry for you and your friend.

  • @Seraphor said:

    That sounds like latency, a connection problem, not a hardware problem.

    Yea I'm pretty certain it is the internet. Rang my provider back again and they're monitoring my internet for the next 72hrs to see what's wrong.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2341003#Comment_2341003

    I've had some of these problems individually but not every single game for the past 5 days. Every game feels like the survivors/killer is lag switching lol

    It's annoying trying to loop when a killer looks like they're running one way then teleport right next to you.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2341005#Comment_2341005

    Yea I'm pretty sure it is but just thought I'd ask. They said they've not seen any change on their end but I find that highly unlikely.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2341006#Comment_2341006

    Sounds like dbd lol

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2341223#Comment_2341223

    I assume though your on old gen though

    I'm actually playing DbD on the PS5. The lag and teleporting everywhere is more horrible when I'm playing killer for some reason. Especially Nemesis...