Finally got the RE map and...

If there ever was a map that would have benefitted from breakable walls, it's this one.

Look, I don't know how accurate to RE the map is, but there is a difference between a map you can get used to like Midwich (whatever you think of it) and what we have here. It's huge, it's labyrinthine and the map lasted nearly AN HOUR because we all got hopelessly lost (that's an hour including an unspoken agreement of not playing regularly until we all had a look around the map. but even then we still got lost)

Also, F in chat please for the claudette who ran past the hatch twice because she kept overlooking the narrow doorway and got eaten by the entity

Comments

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    If there ever was a map that would have benefitted from breakable walls, it's this one.

    Look, I don't know how accurate to RE the map is, but there is a difference between a map you can get used to like Midwich (whatever you think of it) and what we have here. It's huge, it's labyrinthine and the map lasted nearly AN HOUR because we all got hopelessly lost (that's an hour including an unspoken agreement of not playing regularly until we all had a look around the map. but even then we still got lost)

    Also, F in chat please for the claudette who ran past the hatch twice because she kept overlooking the narrow doorway and got eaten by the entity

    It's almost a replica from the remake of RE:2 and i love it!

  • It exists purely for RE fans, not DbD fans.

  • It looks great but yeah, it's an awful DBD map.

    It makes me happy to get Midwich or Hawkins.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    It exists purely for RE fans, not DbD fans.

    ^this

    I'm a fan of RE, but I still don't see the point in making this maze-like map in DbD.

  • @TheBus4K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335775#Comment_2335775

    ^this

    I'm a fan of RE, but I still don't see the point in making this maze-like map in DbD.

    it does make me think though:

    How do Twins fair on it? I've seen people speculate given the twins' power their map woulda been something like the parisian catacombs or such, and this map is pretty akin to it

  • It's kinda funny because they've taken massive liberties of moving rooms/adding doors and breaking walls and it still just doesn't work for DBD style gameplay. It's awesome as an RE2 fan but I probably will just DC if I ever get it as killer after the PTB.

  • The map makes midwich look like good design. I’ll eat the 5 minute penalty every time tbh

  • @Phasmamain said:

    The map makes midwich look like good design. I’ll eat the 5 minute penalty every time tbh

    This. Once the novelty of "omg I'm chasing/being chased through the RPG as Leon/Nemesis" wore off its just another painful map to get a 5 minute CD on.

    Same with Midwich, incredible recreation coming from a fan but a complete chore to play on.

  • I like this map and I like Midwich.

    I get that some people dislike big maps because they put certain Killers in a bad spot and that people dislike indoor maps. I however love indoor maps and I like big maps. As such RCPD is a gift for me.

    And I play Ghostface and Myers mostly. With some Bubba in the mix. Hunting somebody through this building is just cool even without the "novelty aspect".

  • The appeal of RCPD looking exactly like the original will wear off quickly. Pretty soon everybody is going to hate playing on the new map just like every indoor map, since everything about the map except sucks, except aesthetic. It's giant, has no LOS, and a million obstacles that prevent you from getting where you want to be in a timely manner, it's just a dumpster fire of a DBD map.