More teammates DC the higher I get in rank.

Maybe it's just me having bad luck, but the higher I climb in survivor rank, the more my teammates DC and they do it faster. Is this normal?

Comments

  • Yep. As rank goes up, so does the number of people that think they deserve to win, because everyone else is bad, and thus rage-quitting increases. Same ol' story in every single game that has a ranked system.

  • I often found the giant sore loser, take the game to serious, super competitive no fun crowd came out en masse around the mid purples and tended to persist heavily up until about rank 3. Rank 2-1 was a mixed bag.

    Stay in the greens, its where I sit these days, this game shines there. I get sad when I double pip.

  • @pseudechis said:

    I often found the giant sore loser, take the game to serious, super competitive no fun crowd came out en masse around the mid purples and tended to persist heavily up until about rank 3. Rank 2-1 was a mixed bag.

    Stay in the greens, its where I sit these days, this game shines there. I get sad when I double pip.

    Sounds legit. I'll try and depip in way that doesn't affect my teammates too much. Really not enjoying purple rank. Can't win many games as the killers are either sweating real hard, which is fair, or my teammates dc too quick for anybody to make a dent in the gens.

  • @Clowning said:

    Yep. As rank goes up, so does the number of people that think they deserve to win, because everyone else is bad, and thus rage-quitting increases. Same ol' story in every single game that has a ranked system.

    Boggles my mind that so many people think they deserve to win. Does it suck to get tunneled or bm'd? Yes, yes it does. Is that a reason to dc immediately after you get downed for the first or second time? No, no it isn't. More people need to play the game for fun.

  • It's not just high ranks. Yesterday I played with a friend (genuine rank 20) and both of our teammates (rank 20 and rank 19) dcd when they got downed for the first time. We could have won this game but noooo

  • @pseudechis said:

    I often found the giant sore loser, take the game to serious, super competitive no fun crowd came out en masse around the mid purples and tended to persist heavily up until about rank 3. Rank 2-1 was a mixed bag.

    Stay in the greens, its where I sit these days, this game shines there. I get sad when I double pip.

    What are some good methods to do this as a killer main? Preferably in a way that is still fun for both parties and isn't abusing the system.

    I'm new to the game and just hit rank 13 and I'm experiencing so many DC's. I feel bad for the remaining survivors but I am struggling to decide if I should play normally, go easy, or find some kind of in-between.

  • @JordanMalicious said:

    Maybe it's just me having bad luck, but the higher I climb in survivor rank, the more my teammates DC and they do it faster. Is this normal?

    Probably because the higher rank you go the sweatier the killers get which is never fun to play against. Give DBD more game mode options!

  • @Threa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335660#Comment_2335660

    What are some good methods to do this as a killer main? Preferably in a way that is still fun for both parties and isn't abusing the system.

    I'm new to the game and just hit rank 13 and I'm experiencing so many DC's. I feel bad for the remaining survivors but I am struggling to decide if I should play normally, go easy, or find some kind of in-between.

    Did you start recently, they have disabled DC penalties lately, I'm not sure of the exact timeline as I only play sporadically these days, but anytime they do, it becomes a DC fest.

    The game is also currently very buggy due to the recent update and many DC's may not be rage quits but rather glitches or people just getting stuck. For those that intentionally DC then nothing you can do will stop them other than just letting them win like they were some giant baby.

    There is virtually no way to guarantee fun for the other party, because you'll find that often no matter what you do as a player someone will be upset about it. Also playing "nice" usually means playing inefficiently or poorly, to the benefit of your opponents, which most times will get you the "you suck" "GGEZ" taunts at the end, this is more common than not.

    I find when people DC most times you either can farm or get it over quickly. People seem to prefer the latter as many complain about farming. So if you get DC just end it quick, report the DC, say "bummer about the DC good luck next game" and move on.