What scifi killer would you want in dbd

I know we got Demogorgon, and technically supernatural stuff is scifi but I'm talking about like alien, or dr.who ect. I'd love to see some sort of alien thing

Comments

  • @MadLordJack said:

    What sci-fi killers would fit without being extremely lame? That's really the big question. Imagine. A Xenomorph in this game - it would be the worst, slowest, least scary xenomorph in existence.

    Hmm, I'd like to see it's power put a face hugger on the survivor like pig with her traps, what they would do idk

  • @Literallyweezing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334806#Comment_2334806

    Honestly predator fits in well in that line up, its the cybermen that stand out, cybermen never really feel scary and its in a non horror based show

    True but imagine having a survivor just get freaking deleted in front of you hahahaha. Just ashes left


    I'd buy it now

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    The Thing

    The remake or og? I'd prefer the remake honestly but I know there is a few diffences between the characters and monster

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336097#Comment_2336097

    Idk, I don't think I would enjoy the killers if they were 100 on the mark, I like that they makes changes and give them powers that are unique to dbd , and it fits into the cannon or the entity twisting powers and stuff

    You might like that, but fans of specific characters might not. I'm a long time fan of the Aliens franchise and Xenomorphs, and I would personally prefer to see them in ALL of their glory when adapted to pretty much anything. Imagine a game shoe-horning One Punch Man into a game where he can't defeat his opponents with just one punch. It would completely defy the point of the character. For me, DbD would do the same thing to Xenomorphs.

  • @xBEATDOWNSx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335794#Comment_2335794

    True but imagine having a survivor just get freaking deleted in front of you hahahaha. Just ashes left

    I'd buy it now

    I'd love to see there power use those little cyber mite things they introduced.

  • Predator would be cool.

    I had an idea where he could lock on and charge his shoulder gun mid chase, shooting it would slow you but charging wouldn't, so you could mindgame at a loop, pretend you're going for the shot and when the survivor ducks lunge them. I think it could be pretty fun.

    Of course they'd have to give him a wraith like cloak, maybe one that can track survivors by heat siganiture.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336234#Comment_2336234

    You might like that, but fans of specific characters might not. I'm a long time fan of the Aliens franchise and Xenomorphs, and I would personally prefer to see them in ALL of their glory when adapted to pretty much anything. Imagine a game shoe-horning One Punch Man into a game where he can't defeat his opponents with just one punch. It would completely defy the point of the character. For me, DbD would do the same thing to Xenomorphs.

    I guess your right, but I think even if it's not perfect I'd love if they gave there best and made a unique killer than could climb on walls and spit acid/attach face huggers

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    Predator would be cool.

    I had an idea where he could lock on and charge his shoulder gun mid chase, shooting it would slow you but charging wouldn't, so you could mindgame at a loop, pretend you're going for the shot and when the survivor ducks lunge them. I think it could be pretty fun.

    Of course they'd have to give him a wraith like cloak, maybe one that can track survivors by heat siganiture.

    Haha yeah that sounds amazing, if you would what other powers do the predators have, I haven't seen any of the movies

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336266#Comment_2336266

    I guess your right, but I think even if it's not perfect I'd love if they gave there best and made a unique killer than could climb on walls and spit acid/attach face huggers

    Thing is, I don't think ANY of those attributes would make it into the game. The physics in DbD are wonky if you aren't standing on flat ground. A lot of assets simply aren't designed to handle movement on them, so wall climbing is likely out. Look at how bad lunging behaves on slopes and stairs. This game can't deal with advanced physics well. Face Huggers are a death sentence, and would require putting in an entire Xenomorph life cycle into the game, which would also kill one of the Survivors instantly when the Chest Burster emerges. Acid spit is doable, but it would basically just be Tricksters knives with an arc that require less hits to injure.

    At most, and I'm being VERY generous, you would get a 115% Killer that can lunge and arc projectiles that take 2-3 hits to injure. Probably nothing else. A mix of Demo and Huntress with a Laceration meter to represent an alien that is supposed to be a drawers-dumping monster to go up against.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336272#Comment_2336272

    Thing is, I don't think ANY of those attributes would make it into the game. The physics in DbD are wonky if you aren't standing on flat ground. A lot of assets simply aren't designed to handle movement on them, so wall climbing is likely out. Look at how bad lunging behaves on slopes and stairs. This game can't deal with advanced physics well. Face Huggers are a death sentence, and would require putting in an entire Xenomorph life cycle into the game, which would also kill one of the Survivors instantly when the Chest Burster emerges. Acid spit is doable, but it would basically just be Tricksters knives with an arc that require less hits to injure.

    At most, and I'm being VERY generous, you would get a 115% Killer that can lunge and arc projectiles that take 2-3 hits to injure. Probably nothing else. A mix of Demo and Huntress with a Laceration meter to represent an alien that is supposed to be a drawers-dumping monster to go up against.

    I didn't know face huggers weredeath lol, I guess I play to much mortal combat

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336260#Comment_2336260

    The remake or og? I'd prefer the remake honestly but I know there is a few diffences between the characters and monster

    1982 big fan and some of my earliest posts was for a chapter for The Thing

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336287#Comment_2336287

    I didn't know face huggers weredeath lol, I guess I play to much mortal combat

    Facehuggers insert a parasite inside of your body, which puts your life on a very short timer. Also, if you need the absolute visual, it's putting its wang deeply down your throat and shooting a hot load of "you're going to die".

    Within you, that parasite starts eating your insides, targeting organs that are not essential for short term living. It grows into a very angry snake called a Chestburster, which does exactly what the name implies. This process can take anywhere from days to minutes, depending on what the running time of the movie demands.

    Observe:

    https://youtu.be/AdBu6VAESeI?t=70

    Fascinating.

    From there, it goes around, doing GOD KNOWS WHAT until it dings and hits level 3. Level 3, however, is its level cap, and you have a full sized Xenomorph on your hands. The Xenomorph takes on characteristics of the host it earlier ripped out of, though these characteristics can be very loose. In general you can expect Wall Climbing, Acid Blood, Poison Barbed and Prehensile Tail, Mouth in a Mouth, Exceptional Strength, Exceptional Speed, Exceptional Agility, and very deadly Lunges that add all those factors together to normally be enough to drop anything that isn't a dinosaur. While they are durable, however, they don't recover well from wounds, so they tend to be ambush predators.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336271#Comment_2336271

    Haha yeah that sounds amazing, if you would what other powers do the predators have, I haven't seen any of the movies

    He's more of a stealth/hunter type of character. Active camo/Wrist blades/Shoulder turret. Now that I think about it maybe Wraith was somewhat inspired by him in the whole "ambush" style of play he has.

  • Probably a Xenomorph, its the only Sci Fi property I can think of that would both be fun and functional. Terminator or Predator would be cool, I guess, but they wouldn't really fit in with a horror game. Aside from that, most other Sci Fi things I can think of, like The Thing, would break their restrictive "humanoid killers only" rule.

    Also, BEhaviour has had a Terminator deal which they used in Deathgarden, and it was a reskin for one of the hunters. I don't think they're getting that again.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335794#Comment_2335794

    I think it's more on the thought that Cyberman are just a species that forces humans through intense torture and pain to make mindless murder drones, tho weeping angels are scarier

    Weeping Angels would be amazing in DBD, maybe have all the survivors would have a blink timer, kind of like SCP Containment Breach

  • Xenomorph would make a perfect stealth killer

  • The Porcupine man from Fringe. It looks unsettling and is a product of genetic tinkering so they could reasonably do a lot of things with it.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    I know we got Demogorgon, and technically supernatural stuff is scifi but I'm talking about like alien, or dr.who ect. I'd love to see some sort of alien thing

    scp universe would be nice. Scp 049, scp 096, & scp 106

1 2 ›