TLDR of the Developer Update

Trickster downs in 6 knives instead of 8 knives. He also has larger activation window for Main Event and the startup animation is significantly faster.

No Way Out only activates when a Survivor actually touches an exit gate for the first time. It's duration has been increased as well. Crowd Control got a 6 second increase in how long it blocks windows.

The Survivor cosmetic updates are better than they seem because we can't see facial expressions and animations (like Ace's smirk).

Tutorials are getting improved even more and now you'll be able to have normal bot matches.

Pallets are being changed slightly so that stuns always cancel swings if the server receives the stun first. It'll really punish Killers with high latency and reward Survivors with low latency. If the latency is about the same on both sides there will be little difference.

Generator Grabs are being reworked in the future, but as a temporary fix canceled grabs will always result in a hit instead of denying the Killer from using their weapon.

Comments

  • So far this is great they fixed tricksters biggest problem they may not have fixed grabs but I’m happy there’s a fix for it

  • Tutorials are getting improved even more and now you'll be able to have normal bot matches.

    I was waiting for the mid chapter to see if they did something about this because after the last update I have a massive post to make about the tutorial because I actually care about the new player experience.

    Will be waiting for the new tutorial and I have expectations but here's the three takeaways.

    • The tutorial did a poor job at explaining things and usually did things AFTER the fact instead of before or during.
    • The tutorial often took away control from the player and didn't feel great to go through - A good example of this was during your first chase sequence with Meg when you strike her a prompt TAKES away control from the player and even HIDES the screen so you don't see the scratchmarks the awful pop up is trying to describe. Not only is it frustrating because you lose control but it basically prevents you from seeing what it's actually trying to explain instead of seeing the Meg run and actively create scratchmarks.
    • The tutorial doesn't let you just press a button to skip prompts but instead you need to manually click on it which is honestly odd - This was at least with KB / M. This is more frustrating than it seems.

    I have a huge post just ready for the tutorial but again was anticipating this so I'll definitely be giving feedback on this tutorial and again - I have high expectations - They've had this awful tutorial for years and they even received feedback on the initial release on it and it took them this long just to get to touching it up - So yeah - No excuses for anything.

  • Trickster buffs/add-on changes/perk changes are great, might even be a bit overkill with his power/add-ons we'll have to see.

    A little concerned about the pallet stun/hit rejection thing, but hopefully it turns out smooth

    "in the future" regarding generator grabs means it's most likely going to take them like another year to finally implement the rework, but the temporary solution is great.


    Besides that... meh. Everything else is cool I guess but nothing I really care about

  • Do they have a date when these will be released?

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    Do they have a date when these will be released?

    PTB is July 7th. The Live patch will probably be the end of July/beginning of August

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329051#Comment_2329051

    PTB is July 7th. The Live patch will probably be the end of July/beginning of August

    Thank you for your speedy reply. The release date isn't actually that long either, I'm content

  • I don't like the survivor model reworks at least these new ones. Kate, Feng, and David all look worse than before

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    I don't like the survivor model reworks at least these new ones. Kate, Feng, and David all look worse than before

    Another testament to what I've been saying for some time: just because you can change something, doesn't mean you should.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329069#Comment_2329069

    Another testament to what I've been saying for some time: just because you can change something, doesn't mean you should.

    They stated in the post itself that the images were the same ones posted on twitter, and were outdated. There is (some) hope.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    So far this is great they fixed tricksters biggest problem they may not have fixed grabs but I’m happy there’s a fix for it

    They didn't, though. You're still hamstrung with Main Event. It takes him 30 seconds just to catch up to a survivor who is put into the injured state. So, the increase in activation time is moot. If they really wanted too fix it, they'd let you store it until you activate it yourself. At least then, you have control over your own power.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329098#Comment_2329098

    They stated in the post itself that the images were the same ones posted on twitter, and were outdated. There is (some) hope.

    I won't get my hopes up. A disappointment is more than likely.