So Twins got shadow-nerfed. AGAIN.

Take a look at these three addon descriptions.

Desktop Screenshot 2021.07.01 - 13.35.30.42.png Desktop Screenshot 2021.07.01 - 13.35.39.23.png Desktop Screenshot 2021.07.01 - 13.35.46.79.png

All three of these addons have two things in common.

  1. They only work while Victor is charging a pounce.
  2. Said requisite was NOT THERE BEFORE.

All three of these addons used to work when Victor was idle and you were controlling Charlotte. Now they've been changed so that they only work when Victor is charging a pounce.

This is a hard nerf to these addons that make them literally, genuinely, absolutely pointless. Soured Milk and Madeleine's Glove were really good because Victor's Killer Instinct was determined by the range of his shrieks, similar to Doctor's static blast—if a Survivor could hear Victor, Charlotte could see them. So louder Victor = more tracking. Now, though? The addons actively hurt Victor by making it harder to charge a long-range pounce without being heard, or making it more obvious he's charging a pounce mid-chase. As for Drop of Perfume? Already a low-tier addon, but now it truly serves no purpose. After all, what's the point of making Survivors Oblivious when you're PLAYING AS VICTOR?

These are stupid, senseless nerfs that completely gut three entire addons. And once again, it was a Twins change that BHVR did not, in ANY BLEEDING CAPACITY, mention or tell to anyone in any way. This is the fourth, count 'em, FOURTH shadow-change to Twins since 4.7.0 and the THIRD shadow-nerf.

I get people don't like playing against Twins, but I haven't seen a Killer get this surreptitiously changed in the entirety of DBD. Even when they nerfed Pig 37 separate times, they had the integrity to tell us it happened. This is just ridiculous.

EDIT: Cat's Eye also has a new description. It used to be "Victor's shrieks stop when Pounce is fully charged." Now the description says "After fully charging Pounce, Victor roams silently."

image.png


Comments

  • I tested this in KYF. Their effect is still the same.

  • @papichulo said:

    I just noticed this. However, the only add-ons I play are forest stew and Madeline's scarf. I am also a twins main and my kill ratio is very high. I dont seem to be bothered by this because all in all people dont understand twins and how they work only because she's are very rare killer. But, I do see your point.

    Wooden sword is probably his best addon

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2326037#Comment_2326037

    Right. The only way these work is if Victor is able to attack when you're not controlling him. That's why I'm wondering if they're thinking of giving Victor some AI capability. Or even both, where whichever twin you aren't controlling becomes a bot.

    Idk I would really hate that honestly, I love them how they are I dont want a computer doing all the work for me

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2326037#Comment_2326037

    Right. The only way these work is if Victor is able to attack when you're not controlling him. That's why I'm wondering if they're thinking of giving Victor some AI capability. Or even both, where whichever twin you aren't controlling becomes a bot.

    That's probably the plan because it stops camping the hook with Victor. Can't use him to camp if he just walks away.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2326052#Comment_2326052

    That's probably the plan because it stops camping the hook with Victor. Can't use him to camp if he just walks away.

    Ditto Charlotte. Possibly can also limit slugging if an AI Charlotte goes for the hook whenever she's able.

  • I'm concerned, because the last time they made a change to Twins, it was completely counter-intuitive. Their "anti-slug" nerf was actually a pro-slugging nerf in situations where other survivors aren't nearby to kick, as you waste even MORE time on downs, meaning that slugging is more beneficial as you need to be time-efficient. In situations where other survivors are nearby, it just gives more counterplay where it wasn't needed. The rank 20 megs that couldn't get to you in 3 seconds while you were frozen didn't need more help, and Twins, an already unpopular killer, didn't need to feel more slow and sluggish.

    Even then, even if they want to nerf an aspect of Twins' playstyle, they should NOT just be NERFING them. They need buffs in other areas to compensate and make other playstyles more efficient.

    So, I'm not too excited about potentially drastic changes coming to them. I have nothing against the dev that changed them beforehand, but I don't have a ton of faith in their decision-making when it comes to changing a killer that they clearly don't have a good understanding of. We'll see though, I'm very curious about this one. I hope they don't ruin this killer.

1 2 ›