[Rant post] Hey, Blight mains- particularly EU ones!

As a fun little fact, there are 84 killer perks in Dead By Daylight! Shocking, I know, but there are quite a few good ones in there. Dark Devotion is incredibly underrated, I'm All Ears is pretty cool, Devour has some moments to shine and the combo between Surveillance and Eruption is also amazing!

I'm saying this all because every single Blight I have faced in EU within the past six months has used a combination of 4 out of 5 perks- BBQ, Ruin, Undying, Pop, Tinkerer. Now, I don't know if it's a lack of knowledge that more perks actually exist or what, but I implore you to try out new strategies and perks. Please, and thank you :)

And not to mention that Blight has 20 add-ons too! I know that some of them may be a bit trash, like Compound Seven or Chipped Monicle, but there's still a few there! Blighted Rat, Blighted Crow, and Alchemist's Ring aren't the only ones that exist, ya know!

(this is a rant post, nothing more)

Comments

  • The turning is capped and most Blight mains are using high DPI, so those literally do nothing. Summoning stone does nothing, Adrenaline Vial is laughably bad, Rose Tonic hurts you more than it helps you. The one that reduces your cool-down doesn't work when you swing out of your attack. There's a reason the ones you listed are the only add-ons used.


    Also any perk that uses an insta-down doesn't work with Blights rush, so no make your choice, NOED, etc.

  • There's a reason it's called the "Basic B**** Blight Build".

  • Metas exist for a reason, they work.

  • I am Blight main. I love this killer so much, he is fun. And i am in EU, maybe we faced sometimes in fog.


    And i really do not care all perks, most of them not good enough. Ruin + Undying + Tinkerer + BBQ build perfect on Blight and i love to use this build.

  • @Razorbeam said:

    Metas exist for a reason, they work.

    And they're also incredibly boring, which is why usually the fun matches involve off-meta builds on both sides. For a meta game to be fun the other side needs to match with the meta, lest it become a very one-sided brawl very easily, especially in solo queue.

    Also, using the meta all the time gets really stale, at least in my opinion. I cannot stick to one build in DBD, like I can't stick to one champion in Paladins or one deck in Vanguard.

    Also also, the meta usually consists of more than 5 perks across 2 characters, with a 6th as an honourable mention for a 3rd character.

  • Why would you not bring ruin and undying when you have such amazing gen pressure, it wouldn't make much sense

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2324078#Comment_2324078

    And they're also incredibly boring, which is why usually the fun matches involve off-meta builds on both sides. For a meta game to be fun the other side needs to match with the meta, lest it become a very one-sided brawl very easily, especially in solo queue.

    Also, using the meta all the time gets really stale, at least in my opinion. I cannot stick to one build in DBD, like I can't stick to one champion in Paladins or one deck in Vanguard.

    Also also, the meta usually consists of more than 5 perks across 2 characters, with a 6th as an honourable mention for a 3rd character.

    I mean that's great that you enjoy that but 99% of other survivors are bringing meta perks and bringing meta macro game, can't really build around you in that scenario.

  • @Razorbeam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2324092#Comment_2324092

    I mean that's great that you enjoy that but 99% of other survivors are bringing meta perks and bringing meta macro game, can't really build around you in that scenario.

    Most of the survivors I face and play with unironically use self care without a medkit, idk what time you're playing but these ones are in no way using anything remotely resembling a meta.

  • Blights "viable" addons rated by strength

    Ring

    Crow

    Compound 21

    Rat

    Blight tag

    Vigos journal

    Compound 33

    shredded notes

    rose tonic (only help slightly more then they potentially hinder)

    pustula dust (only help slightly more then they potentially hinder)

    umbra salts (screws with muscle memory)

    plague bile (screws with muscle memory)

    Canker Thorn (medicore since it only works with canceled bumps which make cooldowns 1.25 seconds longer anyway or with rushing a full 3 seconds either way even with all this its still only 0.5 seconds saved)

    Foxglove (medicore since it only works with canceled bumps which make cooldowns 1.25 seconds longer anyway or with rushing a full 3 seconds either way even with all this its still only 0.25 seconds saved)

    everything else is just memes or garbage and the bottom 6 are passible at best so of course people want to use the strongest stuff its only natural

    same with perks all of those perks have amazing synergy with blights mobility so why can't they use them

  • Well, I'm NA, and not entirely a Blight main since I'm grinding Nemesis when I play, I have a bone or two to pick with this thread.

    1. There's no reason to not use a one-size-fits-all build for killers. It's perfectly justifiable to just use the established good build.
    2. Recommending devour shows you don't understand Blight. Its only purpose is to style on survivors with moris and possibly kill them quicker. Any m1 perk is suboptimal on Blight. This is why Blights gravitate towards slowdown and info perks. So, for chasing perks, that narrows it down to enduring, Spirit Fury, and I'm all Ears as you've said. Unsure about the Enduring fury combo on Blight, but enduring could be beneficial.
    3. Eruption is only good when paired with Pop.
    4. I won't challenge your experience on the add-on front. Yes, he does have other good add-ons. But there's an additional element you're not considering for the speed add-ons and alchemist ring. They're his most fun add-ons as well as being some of his strongest.
  • @bjorksnas said:

    Blights "viable" addons rated by strength

    Ring

    Crow

    Compound 21

    Rat

    Blight tag

    Vigos journal

    Compound 33

    shredded notes

    rose tonic (only help slightly more then they potentially hinder)

    pustula dust (only help slightly more then they potentially hinder)

    umbra salts (screws with muscle memory)

    plague bile (screws with muscle memory)

    Canker Thorn (medicore since it only works with canceled bumps which make cooldowns 1.25 seconds longer anyway or with rushing a full 3 seconds either way even with all this its still only 0.5 seconds saved)

    Foxglove (medicore since it only works with canceled bumps which make cooldowns 1.25 seconds longer anyway or with rushing a full 3 seconds either way even with all this its still only 0.25 seconds saved)

    everything else is just memes or garbage and the bottom 6 are passible at best so of course people want to use the strongest stuff its only natural

    same with perks all of those perks have amazing synergy with blights mobility so why can't they use them

    I'm not saying they can't use them, I'm just asking them to please explore because they may miss a combination they enjoy when they run nothing but the same perks over and over and over again, crushing solos left and right shwike SWFs are able to coordinate totem cleansing because for some reason BHVR have decided that they won't balance the game properly but will keep attaching key information to a perk over and over to call it a day :))

    Oh and did I mention being able to coordinate Tinkerer procs while solos are left in the dust because ######### you for not having 3 other friends constantly willing to play this game with you

    I did say it was a rant post.

  • @MarcoPoloYolo said:

    Well, I'm NA, and not entirely a Blight main since I'm grinding Nemesis when I play, I have a bone or two to pick with this thread.

    1. There's no reason to not use a one-size-fits-all build for killers. It's perfectly justifiable to just use the established good build.
    2. Recommending devour shows you don't understand Blight. Its only purpose is to style on survivors with moris and possibly kill them quicker. Any m1 perk is suboptimal on Blight. This is why Blights gravitate towards slowdown and info perks. So, for chasing perks, that narrows it down to enduring, Spirit Fury, and I'm all Ears as you've said. Unsure about the Enduring fury combo on Blight, but enduring could be beneficial.
    3. Eruption is only good when paired with Pop.
    4. I won't challenge your experience on the add-on front. Yes, he does have other good add-ons. But there's an additional element you're not considering for the speed add-ons and alchemist ring. They're his most fun add-ons as well as being some of his strongest.

    Being able to hide your devour due to not M1ing people until you're at 5 stacks and someone's already out the game shouldn't ever be underestimated.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2324135#Comment_2324135

    Being able to hide your devour due to not M1ing people until you're at 5 stacks and someone's already out the game shouldn't ever be underestimated.

    Isn't that on the laundry list of glitched mechanics that BHVR is never ever going to fix? Powers hide NOED, but reveal Devour. It's stupid.

  • @MarcoPoloYolo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2324142#Comment_2324142

    Isn't that on the laundry list of glitched mechanics that BHVR is never ever going to fix? Powers hide NOED, but reveal Devour. It's stupid.

    If they do reveal it then it's inconsistent af, I've defo had games recently where it didn't show their devour until it was far too late lmao

  • Because Blight mains tend to be hardcore dbd players. They typically only care about getting a 4ks, so that is most effective and that is what gets them their 4k.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    Because Blight mains tend to be hardcore dbd players. They typically only care about getting a 4ks, so that is most effective and that is what gets them their 4k.

    Every time I see a blight with ruin/Undying/pop/Tinkerer I know I'm in for a fun game of definitely zero tunneling :)