The devs designers cheated us out of a better version of Never Stop Slashing
Looking at Pressured Performer for a minute, I realized something kind of funny about it. How it almost looks like an updated version of Amacky's "Never Stop Slashing" Legion because of the small details that the outfit has that look very similar to what NNS would have had.
NNS (Never Stop Slashing Legion, just in case)
Now, this sounds like it could mean anything and be just a silly coincidence. But then I thought that there was something somewhat odd about it, too, because it got me to feel a bit more on the subject matter. I ended up remembering that NNS and Chimeric Horde both came out around the same time as each other. I also remembered Jill and Leon's "None Set" very rare quality cosmetics that people were pointing out that Jill's hair didn't change with the cosmetic that still costs around $1,080. Because people would buy the cosmetic without the hair, the Devs thought to make those cosmetics a set, forcing people to buy the hair.
What I'm saying right now is, back in Tome V: Unleashed, when NNS got released beside the Chimeric Horde, the Devs would have known that the community Legion's Outfit that most of everyone who voted for might have sold better than their Chimeric Horde, so they deliberately made NNS not look as good with texturing, unique physics, and most importantly the unique mask that COULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CHANGE so that they can sell their design.
I believe they didn't want a community-made cosmetic to sell better than their stuff that was a little more expensive than the community-made cosmetic. Being that you can get the NNS for FREE if completed the tome by playing the game, versus you having to buy Chimeric Horde for 1,080 auric cells. And at the beginning, you could only have bought it that way or with shards that they didn't gift to us until much later in the Hallowed Blight "EVENT." I believe they cheated us by giving us a cosmetic outfit that looked better in terms of quality, style, and semi-uniqueness. Compared to a community-made cosmetic that would have been the absolute best we would have gotten at that time that WE voted for and that WE made possible to be a part of DBD.
If the Devs are able to go back, update Nurse and Trappers look well they sure as hell can update the NNS look and give us what was promised, because since I first got the outfit I thought that they could have done so much better and could have been more faithful to the source material, but instead what we got is a (still) semi-cool looking shell of what was promised.
Comments
"Compared to a community-made cosmetic that would have been the absolute best we would have gotten at that time that WE voted for and that WE made possible to be a part of DBD."
Wasnt it up to BHVR to decide which Skins will be in the game? Because I know that many people were surprised that the Claudette-Skin will come to the game.
I would think that the community had a big part these things too. Because the NNS was VERY popular, seen in many videos that reviewed over that community design challenge, and many well known names were even rooting for it to be a part of the game. But also I realized some more interesting development, the NNS costed NOTHING. It was COMPLETELY FREE, I forgot that it was on the free track, which now feels like more evidence to point at the fact they deliberately sabotaged what it could have been just to sell something in the shop.
Never Stop Slashing is a really nice skin. It's probably my favourite for Legion. I 100% believe the devs when they say they weren't able to animate the mask like in the concept, and I think it's still great. It's weird that people keep complaining about a good skin that we got at no extra charge.
I've been waiting for a while for them to make that community skin available in the store. Since its the anniversary I was looking forward to them making it purchasable since I think that in the 4th anniversary is when they made Mr. Puddles available in the store.
I agree, it's a nice skin but compare it to the various skins right now, and their textures. The NNS skin has some questionable texture quality to it, since I know the team can make good skins and they've shown their skill with it. Also:
[Dead by Daylight]: Never stop slashing changing faces! - YouTube
There was another that did it very well but I can't seem to find it right now.
Maybe if they add it to the store, they can update its textures a little and fix some of the minor errors with it because there are some spots that seem unfinished as if it was pushed out the door.
I love how the devs said they couldn't make the mask animated on NSS because it would be too hard to change the animations when they're in chase and such but Ghost Face does that exact thing.