5th Anniversary is a disappointment:
So first off, apparently the game is already crashing and having major bugs on top of dealing with the same bugs from the RE chapter. RCPD just went live after 2 weeks of not being playable and console players can't even play the game with performance issues. I know the devs don't have control over bugs when things go live and I understand that they are probably under a lot of pressure and I do feel sympathy for them however, this happens almost every time there is a major update. While these are all incredibly frustrating issues this is not the reason why I think the event is a disappointment.
It's because there absolutely no difference between this event and all the other events we have had in the past year or so. All the events have gone further and further down in quality. Events now are just "log in to get x reward." "gens and items change color and there's confetti again!" What happened to actual gameplay changes like the putrid serum? During the Hallowed Blight event, there was pustula plants that you had to collect serum from and escape (or in the Killer's case hook survivors) and would be able to use that as currency for event items. Another example are the community challenges like during the Summer BBQ which allowed you to get really cool cosmetics for doing challenges. I know there is a community challenge now but it isn't the same quality as the other one since it's the exact same design from the 4th year anniversary and now it's just on David and Wraith.
I love DBD, truly I do. But I think we can all agree that the events and the game quality in general has gone downhill. I am in no way trying to attack anyone from BHVR as I am sure they are busy with 1000 things right now, but as a player since launch day, I just have to voice the problems that I am having with this game.
Comments
Uhmm, nah. I has had only 2 like this and 3rd had only one cake ;D I startet celebrate early *sigh*
i has 150k bp + 500k for logging i spend 650k in the first time and become 7-8 cakes, last year that will be every BW a cake minimum 1, often you get 2-3 cakes more, that was funny and so noice, but what happen in that year ? disapointed-hvr dead by greedylight...noice pretty good jobbiii