Why Pallets?
Why is it pallets were chosen for the resource to deter and stall killers?
What in horror lore caused this decision?
Why is it pallets were chosen for the resource to deter and stall killers?
What in horror lore caused this decision?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Maybe someone had bad experience working in a warehouse.
Maybe they were inspired by mazes with fake walls or something lol
Why not? Do you have a better suggestion?
Maybe a variety of potential objects to stun the killer? The thing that is ridiculous about pallets is that it’s literally the only physical object available to stun him with. Not only that but there are so many of them and I don’t even think one pallet could stun anybody let alone a supernatural killer.
I do not know the history of Dead by Daylight, but wasn't it just Trapper and his map to start with? I feel like pallets kind of make sense there and I guess they just kept it as mechanically they couldn't find an alternative.
I was assuming pallets were just a place holder for stuff like doors or other obstacles. Pallets are easy to work with I'm assuming.
i ask myself that whenever i see a pallet.
it's a horror trope where a survivor throws something down in the way of the killer
Fun fact: In the early development of the game, pallets were bookshelves. They changed the bookshelves to pallets fairly quickly during the development. You can also see it in this video at 2:51 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNyZ1lWtCxM
I'm not here to posit alternatives. I'm here asking "why"
If you can't answer that, why bother with a comment?
All the same, you're not wrong. Why not?