Is the balance team happy with state of survivor?

I have to ask if the devs are happy with the state of the survivor role. It's a bloody mess every turn you make. It's really bad when the objective is not to actually open the gates, but to farm for points for the purpose of leveling your characters.

I have long given up on opening the gates. Why might you ask? Your skill or how hard you try is totally meaningless, it depends on the power of the killer. Being tunneled out of the match? You can be the best gamer in the world, you won't live. It means you lost, in terms of your role. With a tiny amount of points I might add. A sole survivor has no opportunity for a fair match. It shouldn't be the permission of the one player whether you have a fun and fair match and an opportunity to win.

A lot of survivors I have noticed don't try anymore, I can't believe they play the game to lose but they do. Farming hooks, not doing the gens due to very oppressive killer perks that the devs refuse to balance. Then they re-queue to do the same thing. Is this the future of DBD?

You managed to finally get all the gens done? Oh, here comes NOED to save the day for killer again.

Where's the survivor perk to totally save the day? It don't exist. How about being tunneled several times out of the match? Not only does DS punish you for playing the game, killers can down you instantly and finish killing you without remorse. All the meta killers have no remorse for DS. And this perk was actually nerfed?

The balance is now a 4 man sweating hoping the killer has a bad headset, makes a mistake, or knocks his drink off on the floor. Watch any killer play and they never lose. Almost never.

There is no way the dev team is happy, they simply can't be.

Comments

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319077#Comment_2319077

    No amount of changes in the world can fix Solo Q when you have Blendettes who Self-Care in a corner against a Plague. I don't need a god looper teammate I just need people who know the simplest of things.

    Not all losses are simply due to Blendettes, but killer being too overwhelming. Killers can hook someone, use BBQ and down two more almost instantly. For example I played against a doctor yesterday that hooked someone, he then downed someone going for the save and his static blast showed where I was and now there's 3 not doing the objective with Ruin. Actually now the 4th person has to go for a save. 5 gens still up.

  • its alot better than it used to be.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319407#Comment_2319407

    Not all losses are simply due to Blendettes, but killer being too overwhelming. Killers can hook someone, use BBQ and down two more almost instantly. For example I played against a doctor yesterday that hooked someone, he then downed someone going for the save and his static blast showed where I was and now there's 3 not doing the objective with Ruin. Actually now the 4th person has to go for a save. 5 gens still up.

    No, in my personal experience most losses are to pretty dumb teammates. Thompson House against a Bubba. My three other genius teammates clumped up against a Bubba. Literally had no reason to be so close together but they did. A Nea ran into the open instead of a nearby loop, David was bold when he shouldn't have and not bold when he should've, and a Steve who brought No Mither. Simply personal experience more losses are from incompetent teammates who don't know the basics.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2317806#Comment_2317806

    I've played together with 4 what seemed to be really good solos (they had a lot of hours) but it was still a 4K.

    What is extremely wrong here is, too much is expected from the 4. It is always "survivor needs to play better"..."survivor needs to learn how to play". Why is it not required for killer to play better? When killers lose, it is always "survivor is OP".

    A misconception that survivor is chill because you have to work on gens and the killer is always moving but that doesn't mean the survivor is winning. More times than not, the killer is forcing everyone off of gens because you have to save someone, look for totems, etc. Then the perks win the game because there is absolutely no time to look for totems if the killer is halfway decent. Killer perks are oppressive.

    Because it is a PVP game doesn't mean the one is almost guaranteed to win. There needs to be balance and right now killers win way too much and even make more points.

    The killer player has to play better than the survivors, plain and simple. If the survivors can't loop, or don't do gens, it isn't the killer's fault. The flow of DBD is all based on how well the survivors play. If they all can loop, and sit on gens, they usually win. If they run around and loot chests, and go down instantly in chase, or crouch around, the killer will have an easy game, especially if the killer player is actually good or decent at the game. DBD is far more rewarding to competent, efficient survivor players than it is toward competent, efficient killer players. I honestly have no issue with playing survivor outside of what I mentioned. If I mess up at a loop, it is my fault. If gens don't get done, it's our fault as the survivors.

    You seem to be playing a different game, or are very bias toward the survivor role imo. Killer players get told to get better all the time so idk why you think they don't. In the end, like I said, the flow of the game is decided by the survivors. If they play efficiently, there is little even a good killer player can do on most of the killers. There is only so much you can do vs 4 people that know what to do, and when to do it as 1 person. If the survivors play bad, or worse than the killer, the killer will dominate them. This is pretty much the widely accepted truth of the game by every player that understands the game from a high level.

    It is up to the players to improve for the solo survivor experience to improve. The devs have done enough hand holding already imo. The resources for people to improve on survivor are there in abundance, and it is all free. Until then, solo survivor for decent competent players will continue to be terrible and will drive most to just SWF. Stop blaming the killer role because it has nothing to do with the killer outside of Spirit. The killer doesn't control how well people play survivor. Only the survivor player controls that.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319407#Comment_2319407

    Not all losses are simply due to Blendettes, but killer being too overwhelming. Killers can hook someone, use BBQ and down two more almost instantly. For example I played against a doctor yesterday that hooked someone, he then downed someone going for the save and his static blast showed where I was and now there's 3 not doing the objective with Ruin. Actually now the 4th person has to go for a save. 5 gens still up.

    The killer is supposed to have somewhat of a overwhelming presence. DBD is a 4 vs 1 asymmetrical horror game.....

  • @Axx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319077#Comment_2319077

    The killer player has to play better than the survivors, plain and simple. If the survivors can't loop, or don't do gens, it isn't the killer's fault. The flow of DBD is all based on how well the survivors play. If they all can loop, and sit on gens, they usually win. If they run around and loot chests, and go down instantly in chase, or crouch around, the killer will have an easy game, especially if the killer player is actually good or decent at the game. DBD is far more rewarding to competent, efficient survivor players than it is toward competent, efficient killer players. I honestly have no issue with playing survivor outside of what I mentioned. If I mess up at a loop, it is my fault. If gens don't get done, it's our fault as the survivors.

    You seem to be playing a different game, or are very bias toward the survivor role imo. Killer players get told to get better all the time so idk why you think they don't. In the end, like I said, the flow of the game is decided by the survivors. If they play efficiently, there is little even a good killer player can do on most of the killers. There is only so much you can do vs 4 people that know what to do, and when to do it as 1 person. If the survivors play bad, or worse than the killer, the killer will dominate them. This is pretty much the widely accepted truth of the game by every player that understands the game from a high level.

    It is up to the players to improve for the solo survivor experience to improve. The devs have done enough hand holding already imo. The resources for people to improve on survivor are there in abundance, and it is all free. Until then, solo survivor for decent competent players will continue to be terrible and will drive most to just SWF. Stop blaming the killer role because it has nothing to do with the killer outside of Spirit. The killer doesn't control how well people play survivor. Only the survivor player controls that.

    That's not what I see. I see matches totally controlled by the killer regardless of the survivors. It doesn't have to be Spirit, it can be a Huntress. Or a Blight. Or a Leatherface. The good killers in rank 1 are unstoppable, totally unless it is a top SWF and that leaves everyone else out. Too much buffing for killers, especially perks and maps are becoming very killer sided. I remember the Autohaven maps being a fair chance to win, now it is a free win for killer. Leatherface simply moves around the map instantly downing everyone due to no pallets.

    If chests are in the game, why is it not balanced so there is enough time to loot them? With a fast killer, there is no time to loot or find totems so it turns into a win for killer. It shouldn't be balanced for a coordinated genrush ignoring chests and everything else in the game.

    Still think too much is expected from the 4. They have to play perfectly, loop perfectly while it is easier for killer to not worry about those things.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2320237#Comment_2320237

    That's not what I see. I see matches totally controlled by the killer regardless of the survivors. It doesn't have to be Spirit, it can be a Huntress. Or a Blight. Or a Leatherface. The good killers in rank 1 are unstoppable, totally unless it is a top SWF and that leaves everyone else out. Too much buffing for killers, especially perks and maps are becoming very killer sided. I remember the Autohaven maps being a fair chance to win, now it is a free win for killer. Leatherface simply moves around the map instantly downing everyone due to no pallets.

    If chests are in the game, why is it not balanced so there is enough time to loot them? With a fast killer, there is no time to loot or find totems so it turns into a win for killer. It shouldn't be balanced for a coordinated genrush ignoring chests and everything else in the game.

    Still think too much is expected from the 4. They have to play perfectly, loop perfectly while it is easier for killer to not worry about those things.

    No they just need to know the basics that's all I need by teammates to know the basics. And we could win. As well the map changes aren't skewed to one side. What are your opinions on Badham Preschool?

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2320237#Comment_2320237

    That's not what I see. I see matches totally controlled by the killer regardless of the survivors. It doesn't have to be Spirit, it can be a Huntress. Or a Blight. Or a Leatherface. The good killers in rank 1 are unstoppable, totally unless it is a top SWF and that leaves everyone else out. Too much buffing for killers, especially perks and maps are becoming very killer sided. I remember the Autohaven maps being a fair chance to win, now it is a free win for killer. Leatherface simply moves around the map instantly downing everyone due to no pallets.

    If chests are in the game, why is it not balanced so there is enough time to loot them? With a fast killer, there is no time to loot or find totems so it turns into a win for killer. It shouldn't be balanced for a coordinated genrush ignoring chests and everything else in the game.

    Still think too much is expected from the 4. They have to play perfectly, loop perfectly while it is easier for killer to not worry about those things.

    "I remember the Autohaven maps being a fair chance to win, now it is a free win for killer."

    Well, I agree that those maps were better before, though not for the same reasons.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2320311#Comment_2320311

    No they just need to know the basics that's all I need by teammates to know the basics. And we could win. As well the map changes aren't skewed to one side. What are your opinions on Badham Preschool?

    Much better than Autohavens.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2320384#Comment_2320384

    Killer sided but not as bad as Autohavens for sure.

    Please, explain how Badham Preschool is a killer sided map?

  • Actually, survivor is dependent on your team, not the killer. The Devs very clearly designed this game so that no matter what, survivors can always get a default win.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2320403#Comment_2320403

    Please, explain how Badham Preschool is a killer sided map?

    Without the buildings, all the pallets are unsafe. If you get caught in the street with a killer like Huntress you can't go anywhere. Some times hardly any pallets spawn in the big building and with the walls boarded up.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2320406#Comment_2320406

    Without the buildings, all the pallets are unsafe. If you get caught in the street with a killer like Huntress you can't go anywhere. Some times hardly any pallets spawn in the big building and with the walls boarded up.

    But, there's 3 buildings all of them very strong loops. Some of the best in the game. The gens are hard to defend. It's a big map. And the preschool always has pallets spawns around it.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2320237#Comment_2320237

    That's not what I see. I see matches totally controlled by the killer regardless of the survivors. It doesn't have to be Spirit, it can be a Huntress. Or a Blight. Or a Leatherface. The good killers in rank 1 are unstoppable, totally unless it is a top SWF and that leaves everyone else out. Too much buffing for killers, especially perks and maps are becoming very killer sided. I remember the Autohaven maps being a fair chance to win, now it is a free win for killer. Leatherface simply moves around the map instantly downing everyone due to no pallets.

    If chests are in the game, why is it not balanced so there is enough time to loot them? With a fast killer, there is no time to loot or find totems so it turns into a win for killer. It shouldn't be balanced for a coordinated genrush ignoring chests and everything else in the game.

    Still think too much is expected from the 4. They have to play perfectly, loop perfectly while it is easier for killer to not worry about those things.

    If anything, too much is expect of the killer. You have to hook the survivors 12 times, you have to deal with 16 perks vs your 4. You have to deal with SWF on coms, you have to deal with fast repair speeds. It is not rare for 3 gens to pop once you get your first hook. Why do you think most people run gen regression perks? Play without gen slowdown as a Wraith, or Clown vs 4 decent survivors. You are not going to have a good time. Your problem is most likely that you hardly, if ever play killer. You seem like you have no understanding of the game outside of survivor problems. You seem to want to blame killers being too OP for the reason your solo survivor experience is terrible. Plenty of good survivor players have no issue with how the game is. Most decent survivors only really hate Spirit, and that is because she is lame and has very little counters.

    Besides, the 4 should have to try harder than the 1, but that isn't even the current case with the current game balance. I really don't understand how people actually think the killer is OP and that survivor is hard. The hardest thing about survivor is dealing with deadweight teammates, and that can be 100% negated by playing SWF. Survivor has 3 other people to rely on. Like one of my last games for example. One person DC at 1 gen left. My other two teammates refused to repair the last gen. So I had to do it all by myself. They benefitted from me doing the last gen. Without me doing it, it would've never got done because they were just running around. The killer has only themself to rely on.

  • I am a survivor main and I understand where you're coming from, but trust me, it is not the killer's power or the oppressive perks or powers, it is your teammates. I only play soloQ at rank1 and I can tell you that my teammates are usually clueless, but once in a blue moon I get decent teammates, we do pretty well even against a decent killer. What I suggest is to make the Objectives Emblem (Doing gens mostly) cover 50% of your pipping and not 25%, that way all the survivors that only pip saving/unhooking can stay at lower ranks!

  • @Axx said:

    The solo survivor experience is bad because of other survivor players. If 4 competent solo players magically get into a lobby together, the game is usually a cake walk unless the killer is a Spirit, or good Nurse. If more players took the time to improve via learning to loop, not 3 gen, and all the other things competent efficient survivor players do, solo survivor would be much better.

    I just played a game where my teammate went down in 5 seconds vs a Clown and got put into the basement. Then teammate number two proceeded to go into a locker and get grabbed and then taken to the basement where the other teammate was. This was within the span of the first minute of the match pretty much. Is that the killer and his "oppressive perks" fault? Or was it the fault of my teammates not playing well?

    People on both sides, but especially survivor mains, need to learn to play better. This game is highly survivor sided once you learn how to loop and do gens efficiently. It isn't the dev's fault solo survivor is unpleasant. It's on the players. If I, or any competent survivor player can learn how to loop and so on, I'm sure most players would be able to learn how to as well. I'm not a rocket scientist and it isn't super hard to learn.

    Honestly, the only complaints I have as a solo survivor is facing Spirit and my teammates. Other than those two things, survivor is chill. Especially whenever I get competent teammates. Then the game is a breeze. Also for the tunneling. It is apart of the game. You win some, you lose some. I even tunnel people when I feel like I need to when I play killer. You have to remember, this is a pvp game, and the killer's goal is to kill you. If you can't hack dying in a pvp game, you should find a pve game to play instead I guess.

    This!

1 2 ›