De-pip for survivor

It's very stupid when I get face camped and tunnelled but manage to loop the killer for 5 gens and I do not escape but I still de-pip hows that my fault that I did not work on gens or heal teammates while I'm absolutely clapping this killer.

Comments

  • maybe you should get good

  • @Torahh said:

    maybe you should get good

    Very insightful

  • Sounds like you had fun running this killer for 5 gens. Why should you really care how your rank changes pip or no pip or de pip. I'm pretty sure you will pip in your future matches just fine if you are able to run the killer forever.

  • I am for emblem points and BP gain for survivor looping killer while objectives are being done.

    Question is how much

  • Some things could be changed yeah. But killers suffer too sometimes for playing effectively.

  • @selflessnea said:

    Sounds like you had fun running this killer for 5 gens. Why should you really care how your rank changes pip or no pip or de pip. I'm pretty sure you will pip in your future matches just fine if you are able to run the killer forever.

    yeah it was fun im just wondering like why is it like that. Atleast I can safety which would make more sense

  • @abxkr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2316840#Comment_2316840

    yeah it was fun im just wondering like why is it like that. Atleast I can safety which would make more sense

    I dont know man. All I know is that once I stopped looking at ranking I started to enjoy the game more

  • @selflessnea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2316851#Comment_2316851

    I dont know man. All I know is that once I stopped looking at ranking I started to enjoy the game more

    The pip-system for DBD makes absolutely no sense and does nothing to indicate good team play. It should be based on 2 kills/2 survives.

    However, I'm with you, ignore the ranking system and you'll have more fun.

  • @selflessnea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2316851#Comment_2316851

    I dont know man. All I know is that once I stopped looking at ranking I started to enjoy the game more

    yeah I usually do not care that much about ranks until I get too low where I start getting teammates in solo queue who I can not rely on whatsoever

  • meanwhile killers can depip even with a 3k

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    meanwhile killers can depip even with a 3k

    You ain't depipping with a 3k unless you got it with noed or just camped.

  • @abxkr said:

    It's very stupid when I get face camped and tunnelled but manage to loop the killer for 5 gens and I do not escape but I still de-pip hows that my fault that I did not work on gens or heal teammates while I'm absolutely clapping this killer.

    If you ran the killer for literally 5 gens, who gives a ######### about a pip. You won!!

  • @abxkr said:

    It's very stupid when I get face camped and tunnelled but manage to loop the killer for 5 gens and I do not escape but I still de-pip hows that my fault that I did not work on gens or heal teammates while I'm absolutely clapping this killer.

    Its universally known, that the pip system is garbage.

    The advice i can give you: Ignore the rank, it does not representate your skill anyway.

  • It's very stupid also when I manage to do nothing the whole game except get destroyed and tunneled sometimes, yet the game then rewards me with rank up to get even harder killers to go against. That makes no sense.

  • I've depipped from someone disconnecting before we even entered the match lmao

    The ranking system really is a joke. I agree that it's better to ignore it entirely if you can.

  • @bm33 said:

    Today most of my matches the pip system has been bugged. I had multiple matches where I should've earned atleast +1 pip based on emblems and the progress bar but the rank progress will say 0 or -1 and I will receive 0 or -1 pip instead of the +1 pip I earned. I've had several matches where the killer was afk and progress bar will show I should safety pip but I will either -1 pip or +1 pip. This last match I should've +2 pip, rank progress says +1 pip but I actually 0 pip because I went into the match as rank 12 with 1 pip.

    It's pretty random so hard to recreate. One match pips will be fine, next few it'll be wrong, then it will be fine again for a match or two. I'm on ps4 with crossplay off if that matters.

    Last night I had closed out of the game as rank 4 and today was reset to rank 15. Between reset and pips both being bugged the ranking system just feels completely broken.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/O9T7LOTN8W7M/20210513-233315-jpg.jpg

    Might be a bug. Pay attention to pips progress bar, it represents fair number of pips.

  • Yes this definitely needs addressing.

    Best solution I can think of is:

    1. When you are hooked and the killer is within 32 meters, you gain x Distraction points every x seconds, which contribute to the Altruism category.
    2. When you are hooked and the killer is within 32 meters, you gain 500 Distraction points for each generator repaired, which contribute to the Objective category.


  • @abxkr said:

    It's very stupid when I get face camped and tunnelled but manage to loop the killer for 5 gens and I do not escape but I still de-pip hows that my fault that I did not work on gens or heal teammates while I'm absolutely clapping this killer.

    Instead of looping the killer for that long have you try to escape the killer or just bringing the killer to another survivor

  • Still waiting for rank reset rewards.....

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    meanwhile killers can depip even with a 3k

    yeah i know it happens to me too its very stupid

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/261655/de-pip-for-survivor

    If you ran the killer for literally 5 gens, who gives a ######### about a pip. You won!!

    right? and the killer in the end game chat argues that I lost because I died its hilarious

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Still waiting for rank reset rewards.....

    I can not wait for that update finally we will get rewards for something atleast

  • stop caring man, seriously, pips or rank has nothing to do with "how good you are" its about following what the game wants you to do, thats it

  • @abxkr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2316959#Comment_2316959

    right? and the killer in the end game chat argues that I lost because I died its hilarious

    Yeah, I guess if you get ran for 5 gens, you kinda have to find some kind of moral victory.