Math Question

I'm an injured Default Dwight. I have Self-care. My friend, a very handsome Nea, was sacrificed. She was the obsession. Leather 'The Bubba' Daddy is our killer. He is equipped with Dying Light. He also has Sloppy Butcher, Thanatophobia, Coulrophobia. Two of my other friends, Shirtless David & Long-legged Meg are injured, too. Since I am a Default Dwight, I decided to heal in Leatherdaddy's terror radius. Considering the base healing time as 16 seconds, calculate the time it will take for Default Dwight to fully heal using Self-care. 
Tagged: ACMDevMod

Comments

  • I would run over to the shirtless David and ask him to heal me as we hide behind some trees
  • I don't know how long this healing would take, but I'm sure that it's long enough to warrant the Interstellar docking music as *healing intensifies*.
  • Who cares? You're a Dwight, just die already. :)

  • Eight said:

    Who cares? You're a Dwight, just die already. :)

    Yeah!! Get in ma dream world already!!!
  • Trick question.
    He's actually going to find a Locker.

  • Eight said:

    Who cares? You're a Dwight, just die already. :)

    No, I can't even hit great skill checks. Calculate it now.
  • I would run over to the shirtless David and ask him to heal me as we hide behind some trees
    I'm Default Dwight, I don't like to be touched. If you chase me to heal, I will run around the map, till you give up and go back to doing gens. 
  • 61.056-71.808 depending on perk tiers

  • 61.056-71.808 depending on perk tiers

    Consider all the perks on tier 3. Also show calculations, please. 
  • the previous is incorrect 28.8+8.64+2.88+5.472=45.792 - tier 1, 28.8+14.4+3.456+7.2=53.856 - tier 3

  • @PhantomMask20763 said:
    I would run over to the shirtless David and ask him to heal me as we hide behind some trees

    ;);););)

  • the previous is incorrect 28.8+8.64+2.88+5.472=45.792 - tier 1, 28.8+14.4+3.456+7.2=53.856 - tier 3

    It would be nice, if you can explain which values represent what. 
  • This is like when kids post their entire math homework assignment on Yahoo! Answers.
  • Default Healing Time: 16 Seconds
    Self-Care (50% speed): +16 seconds; 32 seconds
    Dying Light (25% speed) +8 seconds (with self-care); 40 seconds
    Sloppy Butcher (25% speed): +8 seconds (with self-care); 48 seconds
    Coulrophobia (50% speed) +16 seconds (with self-care); 64 seconds
    Thanatophobia, 3 survivors injured (12% speed) +3.84 seconds (with self-care); 67.84 seconds

    Not including potential stacking values. For instance, Coulrophobia would probably factor 50% after all the other effects. In that case, it would be 77.76 seconds.

  • CoolAKn said:

    Default Healing Time: 16 Seconds
    Self-Care (50% speed): +16 seconds; 32 seconds
    Dying Light (25% speed) +8 seconds (with self-care); 40 seconds
    Sloppy Butcher (25% speed): +8 seconds (with self-care); 48 seconds
    Coultophobia (50% speed) +16 seconds (with self-care); 64 seconds
    Thanatophobia, 3 survivors injured (12% speed) +3.84 seconds (with self-care); 67.84 seconds

    With the way things are calculated, it's longer than that. It's about 95 seconds to heal with self care *without* dying light. I wasn't able to test dying light because it was a 1v1 KYF game.

    Inefficiency doesn't increase the time, it decreases the amount of charges you add. So healing is 16 charges, and you heal 1cps. Self care is half that, so you add 0.5cps. etc.

    Small detail, but it makes a big difference.

    (Sorry, on mobile right now, can't do the math. But it's really long.)
  • If you thought that speed was bad, check THIS out: https://youtu.be/Pg-LMzTkUDA
  • CoolAKn said:

    Default Healing Time: 16 Seconds
    Self-Care (50% speed): +16 seconds; 32 seconds
    Dying Light (25% speed) +8 seconds (with self-care); 40 seconds
    Sloppy Butcher (25% speed): +8 seconds (with self-care); 48 seconds
    Coulrophobia (50% speed) +16 seconds (with self-care); 64 seconds
    Thanatophobia, 3 survivors injured (12% speed) +3.84 seconds (with self-care); 67.84 seconds

    Not including potential stacking values. For instance, Coulrophobia would probably factor 50% after all the other effects. In that case, it would be 77.76 seconds.

    According to wiki, Mangled is 20% speed, and not 25%.
  • I agree with @Peanits, I know its longer than all the calculations so far. But if not only someone can just answer, but also tell how it works. 
  • @Khalednazari said:
    CoolAKn said:

    Default Healing Time: 16 Seconds

    Self-Care (50% speed): +16 seconds; 32 seconds

    Dying Light (25% speed) +8 seconds (with self-care); 40 seconds

    Sloppy Butcher (25% speed): +8 seconds (with self-care); 48 seconds

    Coulrophobia (50% speed) +16 seconds (with self-care); 64 seconds

    Thanatophobia, 3 survivors injured (12% speed) +3.84 seconds (with self-care); 67.84 seconds

    Not including potential stacking values. For instance, Coulrophobia would probably factor 50% after all the other effects. In that case, it would be 77.76 seconds.

    According to wiki, Mangled is 20% speed, and not 25%.

    It got changed this is why maybe he got confused.

  • about 60.28 seconds

  • @Khalednazari @Milo I looked on the wiki page for Sloppy Butcher, and it said 25%, so that's what I went with.

  • I'd do the calculations in the way I assume they work, but since this seems like a joke thread...

  • Orion said:

    I'd do the calculations in the way I assume they work, but since this seems like a joke thread...

    It's not a joke thread. Atleast for me. I just didn't wanna put up a boring question. 
  • @Khalednazari said:
    It's not a joke thread. Atleast for me. 

    It was worded like that, but whatever.
    Post the percentages of each perk involved and the base healing time and I'll do the math, but I'm too lazy to look up all the info for myself.

  • Orion said:

    @Khalednazari said:
    It's not a joke thread. Atleast for me. 

    It was worded like that, but whatever.
    Post the percentages of each perk involved and the base healing time and I'll do the math, but I'm too lazy to look up all the info for myself.

    The calculations from the perk percentages do not match the actual result ingame. 
  • @Khalednazari said:
    The calculations from the perk percentages do not match the actual result ingame. 

    Then the calculations being done do not match how the game actually makes them.

  • Orion said:

    @Khalednazari said:
    The calculations from the perk percentages do not match the actual result ingame. 

    Then the calculations being done do not match how the game actually makes them.

    So you mean, these perk description doesn't contain all the info needed to calculate it? 
  • @Khalednazari said:
    So you mean, these perk description doesn't contain all the info needed to calculate it? 

    If only one perk is being applied, then they do. However, if more than one is being applied, you also need information on how the game handles overlapping interactions, which is not expressed in the perks.

    Look, do you want the math or not? If so, give me the percentages and base heal time. If not, I'm going to eat something.

  • Orion said:

    Look, do you want the math or not? If so, give me the percentages and base heal time. If not, I'm going to eat something.

    Base Healing Time : 16 seconds
    Dying Light : 25%
    Thanatophobia : 12% (since handsome Nea is dead)
    Coulrophobia : 50%
    Sloppy Butcher : 20%

    Now, idk if the game calculates the percentages it additively or multiplicatively. Can you do it both ways? 
  • 2 minutes and 3 seconds (123 seconds), give or take, if it's done additively (adding all percentages and using that number as the debuff) with all perks thrown into the mix simultaneously.
    54 seconds, give or take, if it's done multiplicatively (multiplying all the reciprocal percentages and using that as the debuff) with all perks thrown into the mix simultaneously.

    EDIT: I saw you added Sloppy Butcher after I did the math. Give me a minute.

    The speed is not being calculated additively. Using the scenario you describe, the healing speed would be negative if that were the case. Thus, the percentages must be multiplicative. With that in mind, it would take about 1 minute to heal.

  • @Orion said:
    2 minutes and 3 seconds (123 seconds), give or take, if it's done additively (adding all percentages and using that number as the debuff) with all perks thrown into the mix simultaneously.
    54 seconds, give or take, if it's done multiplicatively (multiplying all the reciprocal percentages and using that as the debuff) with all perks thrown into the mix simultaneously.

    EDIT: I saw you added Sloppy Butcher after I did the math. Give me a minute.

    it would make since if it is additive since caulrophobia itself is 50% of base heal time and with self care it would already take over 45 seconds so a total of around 54 seconds would be too low to make any sense

  • @Khalednazari said:
    I'm an injured Default Dwight. I have Self-care. My friend, a very handsome Nea, was sacrificed. She was the obsession. Leather 'The Bubba' Daddy is our killer. He is equipped with Dying Light. He also has Sloppy Butcher, Thanatophobia, Coulrophobia. Two of my other friends, Shirtless David & Long-legged Meg are injured, too. Since I am a Default Dwight, I decided to heal in Leatherdaddy's terror radius. Considering the base healing time as 16 seconds, calculate the time it will take for Default Dwight to fully heal using Self-care. 

    2 minutes and maybe 30 or 40 seconds without botany

  • @PhantomMask20763 said:
    I would run over to the shirtless David and ask him to heal me as we hide behind some trees

    I dont wanna know what exactly is happening back there, but its not rubbing eachother in the right spot

  • @TheDarkLycan said:

    @Orion said:
    2 minutes and 3 seconds (123 seconds), give or take, if it's done additively (adding all percentages and using that number as the debuff) with all perks thrown into the mix simultaneously.
    54 seconds, give or take, if it's done multiplicatively (multiplying all the reciprocal percentages and using that as the debuff) with all perks thrown into the mix simultaneously.

    EDIT: I saw you added Sloppy Butcher after I did the math. Give me a minute.

    it would make since if it is additive since caulrophobia itself is 50% of base heal time and with self care it would already take over 45 seconds so a total of around 54 seconds would be too low to make any sense

    Heal speed is not the same thing as heal time. Sloppy Butcher reduces healing speed by 20%, but it increases the healing time by 25% (4 seconds out of 16 seconds). To make it additive, you'd get a 107% healing speed decrease, meaning your speed would go below zero.

  • @PhantomMask20763 said:
    I would run over to the shirtless David and ask him to heal me as we hide behind some trees

    I dont wanna know what exactly is happening back there, but its not rubbing eachother in the right spot

    It sure would feel good tho :wink:
  • It's possible some perks apply additively and others don't, which would make this virtually impossible to determine without a KYF group with the patience of a saint.

  • Orion said:

    It's possible some perks apply additively and others don't, which would make this virtually impossible to determine without a KYF group with the patience of a saint.

    What's the calculation with Sloppy Butcher? 
  • @Khalednazari said:
    What's the calculation with Sloppy Butcher? 

    With Sloppy Butcher and everything else, it's 1 minute, like I said.

  • I ######### up the calculations. If they were multiplicative, it's about 2 minutes and 1 second total.

  • Orion said:

    I ######### up the calculations. If they were multiplicative, it's about 2 minutes and 1 second total.

    I think this how it works. So this is the right answer imo. Need to test it ingame now. 
  • @Orion can you also share how reached the calculation? 
  • @Khalednazari said:
    @Orion can you also share how reached the calculation? 

    16/((1 - 0.50)(1 - 0.50)(1 - 0.20)(1 - 0.12)(1 - 0.25))

    The second 0.5 is because of Self Care.

  • Story Continues : 
    Default Dwight takes 2 minutes, 1 second to heal himself completely. He's now back to his locker. Shirtless David and Long-legged Meg keep touching eachother behind the slaughter tree. Leatherdaddy lives happily ever after (with the anti-healing build). 
  • I just realized the forum is not eating my comments. You're marking them as answers, so they go to the top.

  • Orion said:

    I just realized the forum is not eating my comments. You're marking them as answers, so they go to the top.

    Ahahahaha xD