Discussion: hatch sucks for good survivors

We all know hatch is awful as killer but it's just as for survivors as well but for different reasons. The amount of times the game is 2 people left with 1/2 gens and the other player just tends to hide near the hatch for when you die is annoying.

A good example, probably one of the worst but actually happened. Chased for roughly 10mins on lerys and the other survivor refused to do the final gen. (No one was really doing chases it was just hook trading) so I did 3 gens while some done one other then I get chased for 10mins straight...

We all died. This is why hatch is a bad design. My chase alone they could of done all 5 gens let alone that 1. (Yes she knew the gen locations 2 was near the hatch she was waiting near)

Comments

  • The funny thing is that if you wouldnt have done 3 gens the hatch wouldnt have spawned and the other survivor couldnt camp it.

    What brings me to another problem with hatch. If you do gens and the hatch spawns and bc of that the killer knows the location, you never get the hatch. So bad survivor who do no gens, have a better chance for a hatch escape bc the killer cant know the location.

  • The hatch mechanic has always been a bad idea. You are literally rewarding the survivors for being disgustingly terrible at the game. Where is the killers Free kill when he hasn't killed anyone by end game?

  • @TicTac said:

    The funny thing is that if you wouldnt have done 3 gens the hatch wouldnt have spawned and the other survivor couldnt camp it.

    What brings me to another problem with hatch. If you do gens and the hatch spawns and bc of that the killer knows the location, you never get the hatch. So bad survivor who do no gens, have a better chance for a hatch escape bc the killer cant know the location.

    I know, but the killer was just constantly on me and had plenty of time, but the fact she would of sat there for 10mins just to try escape? Like wut lol. Really do wish hatch was removed

  • @Zozzy said:

    The hatch mechanic has always been a bad idea. You are literally rewarding the survivors for being disgustingly terrible at the game. Where is the killers Free kill when he hasn't killed anyone by end game?

    Agreed, never enjoyed hatch for either side and I'm not sure why it gives a gold emblem in survival either that should be reduced minimum. Hate the hatch challenges in the tomes too

  • if the hatch never spawned it would be exactly the same. survivors that wanna hide will hide. nothing you can do about it.

  • Comunication playing solo queue is more of a problem here, I have no problems when I play with my duo, we can tell each other if we can do a gen to escape, when you play solo you don't know if the other guy is being chased or not so you don't know if doing a gen is safe.

  • I've played long enough, almost nothing on either side bothers me anymore.

    EXCEPT: seeing Blendette with my Bond hiding all match, then watch her teabag on hatch after I get put on my last hook and see her escape. The most infuriating thing.

    I personally don't mind hatch if it goes to the best survivor of the bunch, particularly if they had potato teammates. But it rarely does.

  • Hatch should only spawn if 1 survivor left alive.

    As it is now, too easy to exploit!

    That way keys would be fine

  • @Ink_Eyes said:

    Comunication playing solo queue is more of a problem here, I have no problems when I play with my duo, we can tell each other if we can do a gen to escape, when you play solo you don't know if the other guy is being chased or not so you don't know if doing a gen is safe.

    Well first of you should always be trying to do a gen, even if no one is being chased you should be pushing the objective and if you're hiding till someone is in a chase that's alot of wasted time. But I was also the obsession so they knew I was being chased, but like I said solo isn't the issue as you should be on a gen regardless

  • The hatch just sucks. I don't even give a ######### about it.

    In that situation, I do objectives until I am seen, then practice looping until I am caught and die as soon as I can.

    Next game please.