Escaping without using hatch or exit gates?
I just had a game where I killed one survivor, hooked another, and then noticed that a third survivor had escaped (the HUD showed the escape icon). Well, whatever. Must have had a key, right? So the hooked survivor eventually starts to die, and before the death animation ends, I find the last survivor...
Standing on top of the unopened hatch.
Stab him just as the hatch is opening (NOED), hook him, he dies.
How did the third survivor escape?
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Key. The hatch closes after 10 seconds when opened with a key.
Okay. Yeah, I guess that's fair. I've just never noticed that before. Usually, when I see someone uses a key, it means the last two or three remaining survivors are all jumping through it immediately.
That does sound like that survivor had a key that they used, then the hatch closed naturally after them (that doesn't start EGC, only if the Killer closes the hatch). Then the hatch opened naturally again when the last survivor remained.
Yeah, thanks. I didn't know the hatch closed itself after being opened with a key. There was definitely enough time between said escape and the hook death for that to be the case.
Could have been a hatch, though I've had a glitch at least twice where I've fallen out the map and teleported into an exit gate at 4/5 gens. And I couldn't get back in so I just left.