Suggestion: Prestiging should not reset characters

I'm sure when the bloodweb system and prestiging first came out, it was a method of keeping players invested once they got all the perks on all of their characters. But I'm not sure this system works out anymore. Currently, there's little reason to actually prestige. In fact, prestiging roughly costs you a bit more than just sticking with a P0 character, and you lose nothing from it (unless one day the devs DO add some reward for prestiging.)

My suggestion to the Dev Team is that they stop removing items/add-ons/perks from characters when you prestige them. This makes it less risky, and overall lowers the cost of the bloodweb significantly. This would give prestige a purpose other than a bloody cosmetic people might never even use. They'd prestige, then get cheaper perks for a few levels without losing any of the hard work they've already put into the character.

These days, I'm just not sure it makes sense to have players lose their perks and items (including anniversary items) for a bloody cosmetic that they may never use. There are a lot of better cosmetics these days. Obviously, players currently don't have to prestige and can shave a few million BP off the cost of getting all their perks on a character. But under this new system, they'd save even more BP because leveling up at level 1 is far cheaper than leveling up at level 50. It'd be a fair reward for prestiging, without messing too much with the blood web system or removing perk tiers.

Comments

  • I agree. When I asked my friends about it one day and they told me what happens when you do it I decided against it. I think I have upwards of 15 million points into Kate and about 2 million into Jill now. The losing everything part of it was just a big turn off for me when all I was going to get in return was blood on my characters and an icon above my head. I think if people want that it should be purchasable in the store for each character. If I could at least keep rank 1 of my perks then maybe I'd consider it. I just feel like there should be more incentive to do it.