Was small game's ability to sense traps really overpowered?

To be honest I don't understand why they took this part of small game off. Now small game just seems worse. Was small games ability to see sense traps really that overpowered to warrant the change?

Comments

  • Towards Hag? No

    Towards Trapper? Pretty much yes. He is not strong killer to say the least and having perk counter his entire power at the top of it was too much

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Towards Hag? No

    Towards Trapper? Pretty much yes. He is not strong killer to say the least and having perk counter his entire power at the top of it was too much

    Deadhard does that job already well enough ;p

  • They want to remove Perks which directly interfere with a Killers Power. Thats why they changed Slippery Meat a few months ago, and nobody can argue that this Perk deserved a nerf or anything.

  • Deadhard does several jobs already:)

  • It wasnt about power

    They got rid of it because the devs said they dont want perks to be aimed towards specific killers

    Thats why slippery meat doesnt affect traps anymore either

    So whether it was OP or not doesnt matter, its not the reason why they removed it

  • If I recall correctly, the devs wanted perks to not directly affect a killer's power to the point where it makes that perk overwhelming to their power. Hence, the removal of bear-trap chance from slippery meat.

    As for small game, was it only affected by bear traps and hag traps, right? I feel like if it affected a bit more such as demo portals or heck even an idle Victor, it probably would've kept the trap aspect to it since it affected a handful of killers rather a select few.

    Personally, I think they should've just kept the trap sensing to small game, but I never really ran it in the first place lol.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    They want to remove Perks which directly interfere with a Killers Power. Thats why they changed Slippery Meat a few months ago, and nobody can argue that this Perk deserved a nerf or anything.

    @Luciferr_2nd said:

    It wasnt about power

    They got rid of it because the devs said they dont want perks to be aimed towards specific killers

    Thats why slippery meat doesnt affect traps anymore either

    So whether it was OP or not doesnt matter, its not the reason why they removed it

    What about Calm Spirit with doctor and spine chill with stealth killers? Don't they technically interfere with killers ability?

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304825#Comment_2304825

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304831#Comment_2304831

    What about Calm Spirit with doctor and spine chill with stealth killers? Don't they technically interfere with killers ability?

    I had a feeling you would reply with this XD

    Yes, you are correct, but the difference is that those perks indirectly counter those killers, where as with the other two... They literally talk about trappers traps and hags traps yknow?

    Im not sure if i explained it well, but thats the difference.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    If I recall correctly, the devs wanted perks to not directly affect a killer's power to the point where it makes that perk overwhelming to their power. Hence, the removal of bear-trap chance from slippery meat.

    As for small game, was it only affected by bear traps and hag traps, right? I feel like if it affected a bit more such as demo portals or heck even an idle Victor, it probably would've kept the trap aspect to it since it affected a handful of killers rather a select few.

    Personally, I think they should've just kept the trap sensing to small game, but I never really ran it in the first place lol.

    It affected Freddy's pallets and snares too.

  • @Luciferr_2nd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304834#Comment_2304834

    I had a feeling you would reply with this XD

    Yes, you are correct, but the difference is that those perks indirectly counter those killers, where as with the other two... They literally talk about trappers traps and hags traps yknow?

    Im not sure if i explained it well, but thats the difference.

    Ok then. I guess I understand now.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304825#Comment_2304825

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304831#Comment_2304831

    What about Calm Spirit with doctor and spine chill with stealth killers? Don't they technically interfere with killers ability?

    I can understand Calm Spirit here, because the part about screams was added later. However, technically, it works against every Killer, since every Killer has the ability to make Survivors scream.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    They want to remove Perks which directly interfere with a Killers Power. Thats why they changed Slippery Meat a few months ago, and nobody can argue that this Perk deserved a nerf or anything.

    I can list everything:

    • Map spot traps
    • Small game spot traps
    • Toolbox destroys trap
    • Saboteur destroys trap
    • Slippery increase escape chance
    • Dead hard
    • Luck offering
  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304825#Comment_2304825

    I can list everything:

    • Map spot traps
    • Small game spot traps
    • Toolbox destroys trap
    • Saboteur destroys trap
    • Slippery increase escape chance
    • Dead hard
    • Luck offering

    true because luck offerings and maps are perks

  • Most of the time people used small game to find totems easier. Sure it was nice having it when you were against a hag, but against trapper it was a little unfair yeah, considering how bad trapper is already. No one ever ran small game in fear they were against a trapper though, hence they changed it to directly affect totems instead as thats what people were mainly using it for and it was unfair against a trapper.

  • It (as everyone else has stated) was just because it completly countered a killers power. The other 2 examples of calm spirit and spine chill calm spirit i think only disables the scream the doc can still see your madness go up and get the points basically showing your still in their tr. Spinechill is a more debated one. Despite however many people come to spinechills defense it does HARD counter two killers. Michael and ghostface. They are forced to look at you for their power. Almo addressed this in a stream a while ago "we don't like when a perk hard counters a killers power, i know spinechill... i know. It takes a while to get everything consistent over time". So spinechill may get its due in the future.

  • not only that but iirc luck no longer affects trapper traps.

  • I just list in what thing can counter Trapper's power. Not only perks, it come with item and even offering (I dont know if Luck offer still affect it). No other killer power can be countered by item & offering.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304979#Comment_2304979

    I just list in what thing can counter Trapper's power. Not only perks, it come with item and even offering (I dont know if Luck offer still affect it). No other killer power can be countered by item & offering.

    nemesis, hag, wraith, nurse with flashlights

  • Yes.

    Hag? Not too bad. Annoying af but they also couldn't disarm them without an item, so she might be able to play around it.

    Trapper? Yes. 100% yes. You literally deleted his power.