Do you think we will see a Resident Evil chapter 2?

So do you think it is a possibility we will get a Resident Evil Chapter 2? I honestly think we will eventually. There is just too much money they could make off of multiple characters. And some characters that won't work at all as skins such as Mr. X or Jack or whoever. They would have to be their own separate character and I think they would probably end up doing it. Like imagine it. It'd still make a ton of money, be very exciting, and just isn't a bad idea. and if we did what do you think it would be based on? And don't tell me Ethan Winters because he's not a possibility unless they wanna make a character with a blacked out face.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2305925#Comment_2305925

    I mean if RE isn't then Stranger Things is just boring. Its odd to say its no interesting. I mean just look at the lickers or ivy and tell me its not interesting. Its fine if its not your thing. It is interesting for those who do though.

    They all pretty much do the same thing.

    You could maybe get Weskar or Birkin, but I doubt it. Birkin would function very similarly to Nemesis.

    Also, you call anything other than RE boring. You're hella biased.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2305938#Comment_2305938

    They all pretty much do the same thing.

    You could maybe get Weskar or Birkin, but I doubt it. Birkin would function very similarly to Nemesis.

    Also, you call anything other than RE boring. You're hella biased.

    They all do the same thing? Look at the Lickers. Unique. William Birkin is unique. Eveline is unique. Lucas is unique. Albert is unique. Alex is unique. Mr. X is unique. They don't do the same thing. There is A LOT more variety than something like Stranger Things and more depth. And also I like a lot of things. I wouldn't call anything boring. If I did I wouldn't play games like Little Nightmares or Destroy All Humans! Or anything.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2305753#Comment_2305753

    Its more unique than his tentacle basically being Pyramid Head 2 when he shouldn't be like PH at all.

    I really don't think there can be anyway to add Nemesis without him being, well Nemesis

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2305758#Comment_2305758

    Capcom probably would have went either way. I doubt we'll see anything RE for a long time though because I bet Capcom is upset with how bad this chapter was

    With all the Jills, Leons, and Chris's i'm seeing, I think both Behaviour and Capcom thought it went really well. You need to remember that they look only at sales, maybe a bit at reviews and basically not care about forum posts

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2305722#Comment_2305722

    I get that, that would be fine but maybe not to where he constantly can do it like blight or Oni. I don't think his tentacles that are used to catch survivors should be a thing, because we have Deathslinger, and I'd rather see something unique

    Yeah it would work like a rage meter,in the original he gets super angry when he takes enough damage so I,picture maybe working after a few pallet stunts,three to be exact.You would able to tell when he's able to do the sprint because his hand would start glowing.I agree with the tentacle being unable to grab you it should just work as is,and zombies but you,should be able to have a second mori when survivors are on the death hook and infected

    If they add a classic Nemesis skin then his mori should work like the classic mori or change his power that would be better than just reworking the whole killer.

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2305753#Comment_2305753

    Yeah it would work like a rage meter,in the original he gets super angry when he takes enough damage so I,picture maybe working after a few pallet stunts,three to be exact.You would able to tell when he's able to do the sprint because his hand would start glowing.I agree with the tentacle being unable to grab you it should just work as is,and zombies but you,should be able to have a second mori when survivors are on the death hook and infected

    If they add a classic Nemesis skin then his mori should work like the classic mori or change his power that would be better than just reworking the whole killer.

    Its really all up to Capcom and Bhvr, I am slightly disappointing in no skin for Nemesis, as a killer main I was excited, but now, I'm dissapointe

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2306277#Comment_2306277

    Its really all up to Capcom and Bhvr, I am slightly disappointing in no skin for Nemesis, as a killer main I was excited, but now, I'm dissapointe

    Yeah same most likely he'll have a legendary skin with in a month or two,eventually maybe they'll probably add 1999 Nemesis and hopefully he has his classic voice,they've done a bunch of changes with the survivors pfp and voices so hopefully Nemesis will receive the same treatment,the power doesn't have to change with a different skin but the voice and mori should

  • I think they should, there's enough background for a 2.0 Resident Evil chapter and i'm sure Capcom wouldn't mind additional exposure. (But you know DBD devs screw up at the simplest of things) so I doubt this'll happen now.

    Grand chance to introduce two killers at the same time for a first time ever though.

    Heisenberg, Lady Dimitrescu and Ethan for a survivor.

    Heisenberg, big 2 handed Maul, can manipulate metal at will, could possibly block doorways and windows for a short time with metal for a 1st ability and possibly hurl metal at or entrap a survivor with metal for a 2nd, as seen in one of the game's cinematics.

    Lady D, big long claws, Works in tandem with her daughter's on the map and can call on them as needed, to guard certain areas for a time being, proper patrol AI but not as dumb as nemesis' zombies. Similar to maybe bot Killer AI in the tutorial match. But with limited chase distance. Cannot patrol near hooks or directly on a Gen. Can be blinded and stunned. Cassandra patrol's near killer shack, Bela patrol's a main building or main area of a map, Daniela patrol's near an exit gate. Stealth reduces their detection, if bleeding, their detection heightens. Lady D can call on a daughter to assist while in a chase, A daughter replying with a simple "Yes, Mother" to immediately appear by Lady D to be placed in a position for 16 seconds to guard it. (Think of a sleeping Charlotte body blocking, but can attack if you get close)

    2nd ability, accesses her true form and travels to a part of the map, gain a bird's eye view of the map and select out of 5 sections of the map to travel to. 30 second CD. Could balance this with lady D being 110 speed killer.

    3 potential maps, Lady D's castle and the Warehouse for Heisenberg, possible additional map being the village area itself.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    I don't myself, though we could still get a few more skins. They've covered the mains, but we're still missing Barry and Wesker. I also love (LOVE) RE7 so I think it would be great to have Jack and Marguerite as killers but I also think that it would be difficult to find a place for them. Without spoiling the game for anyone who hasn't played it Jack's most logical role as killer would be one that's already the same as some other killers and Marguerite has specific gameplay elements that make her threatening which couldn't really be pulled off well in this game (in the practical sense).

    I'm surprised that I've never seen anyone else mention Mia, I'd like having her as a survivor. Same with the other guy, what's his name? The brother? Joe Don Baker of the swamp? Lol punchy grizzly man. Can't recall his name.

    I think Jack Baker would have a place in DBD as a unique killer. Call him 'The Moulded' or 'The Father' or something, lore wise he'd be a very unique killer - an unwilling but crazed father. And gameplay wise, I like the idea of a third Chainsaw character simply because chainsaws are an icon of horror and I can't get enough of them. His scissor chainsaws could work differently like perhaps he can do long range stabs over windows and pallets, or perhaps add an element of temporary terrain destruction that the entity quickly repairs. Like Imagine him busting through an L loop with his big chainsaw scissors to down you. Maybe even throw in some passive ability where he leaves pools of mould that can become moulded ai or something?

    In terms of chapters, I honestly see potential for 2 extra chapters; An RE7 and an RE8 chapter. RE7 would be Jack Baker and Mia Winters, RE8 obviously Lady Dimitrescu and Ethan Winters.

  • @Orycteropus_afer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304063#Comment_2304063

    I think Jack Baker would have a place in DBD as a unique killer. Call him 'The Moulded' or 'The Father' or something, lore wise he'd be a very unique killer - an unwilling but crazed father. And gameplay wise, I like the idea of a third Chainsaw character simply because chainsaws are an icon of horror and I can't get enough of them. His scissor chainsaws could work differently like perhaps he can do long range stabs over windows and pallets, or perhaps add an element of temporary terrain destruction that the entity quickly repairs. Like Imagine him busting through an L loop with his big chainsaw scissors to down you. Maybe even throw in some passive ability where he leaves pools of mould that can become moulded ai or something?

    In terms of chapters, I honestly see potential for 2 extra chapters; An RE7 and an RE8 chapter. RE7 would be Jack Baker and Mia Winters, RE8 obviously Lady Dimitrescu and Ethan Winters.

    Well I personally love pretty much everything about Jack, including his (very unique) chainsaw shears, I just figure that if he were added there would be a torrent of complaints (valid or otherwise) that amount to "A THIRD chainsaw killer? And Billy is already ignored as it is".

    I'm with you, I just don't think that the majority of other players would be.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2305899#Comment_2305899

    I really don't think there can be anyway to add Nemesis without him being, well Nemesis

    Don't know why they can't make him run

  • @VESSEL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2305904#Comment_2305904

    With all the Jills, Leons, and Chris's i'm seeing, I think both Behaviour and Capcom thought it went really well. You need to remember that they look only at sales, maybe a bit at reviews and basically not care about forum posts

    Capcom cares about what the people think believe it or not. If not RE7 would have been an action packed game like 6, RE2R and 3R wouldn't exist.

  • @CrowVortex said:

    I think they should, there's enough background for a 2.0 Resident Evil chapter and i'm sure Capcom wouldn't mind additional exposure. (But you know DBD devs screw up at the simplest of things) so I doubt this'll happen now.

    Grand chance to introduce two killers at the same time for a first time ever though.

    Heisenberg, Lady Dimitrescu and Ethan for a survivor.

    Heisenberg, big 2 handed Maul, can manipulate metal at will, could possibly block doorways and windows for a short time with metal for a 1st ability and possibly hurl metal at or entrap a survivor with metal for a 2nd, as seen in one of the game's cinematics.

    Lady D, big long claws, Works in tandem with her daughter's on the map and can call on them as needed, to guard certain areas for a time being, proper patrol AI but not as dumb as nemesis' zombies. Similar to maybe bot Killer AI in the tutorial match. But with limited chase distance. Cannot patrol near hooks or directly on a Gen. Can be blinded and stunned. Cassandra patrol's near killer shack, Bela patrol's a main building or main area of a map, Daniela patrol's near an exit gate. Stealth reduces their detection, if bleeding, their detection heightens. Lady D can call on a daughter to assist while in a chase, A daughter replying with a simple "Yes, Mother" to immediately appear by Lady D to be placed in a position for 16 seconds to guard it. (Think of a sleeping Charlotte body blocking, but can attack if you get close)

    2nd ability, accesses her true form and travels to a part of the map, gain a bird's eye view of the map and select out of 5 sections of the map to travel to. 30 second CD. Could balance this with lady D being 110 speed killer.

    3 potential maps, Lady D's castle and the Warehouse for Heisenberg, possible additional map being the village area itself.

    We won't get anything from the new game. At least not Ethan. Unless you wanna wait til like 2024 or 2025 we won't get Ethan in DBD.

1 2 ›