Any other nice SWF players tired of the constant bashing?

There are quite a few of you who, thankfully, know that swf isn't always the real problem. Of course the "swat squads" or whatever term people call them are the worst and most dreadful of all survs.

But anyone else just play around with their friend(s)? Sitting in a corner, chucking a pebble at them so you can laugh as they take off running and swear revenge? Hook diving because "Nooo! Matt has been killed two games in a row, I will not let there be a third time!" Then both of you get hooked and he calls you a tosser? Or something.


It feels like every day, someone is trying to neuter the ability to just chill with your mates. Solo queue just feels so tedious and tense in comparison, and I don't think I'd play the game much longer if that's all it offered me.

Comments

  • you don't need data when balance changes and basic knowledge of how the game works make it very obvious that the game is balanced around lower skill players

    you want proof? See the changes to Ruin a few years back, the changes to Hillbilly a few years back, the changes to Nurse a few years back, etc

  • I only play solo and i am tired of SWF basing.

  • @GrimmGaliard said:

    There are quite a few of you who, thankfully, know that swf isn't always the real problem. Of course the "swat squads" or whatever term people call them are the worst and most dreadful of all survs.

    But anyone else just play around with their friend(s)? Sitting in a corner, chucking a pebble at them so you can laugh as they take off running and swear revenge? Hook diving because "Nooo! Matt has been killed two games in a row, I will not let there be a third time!" Then both of you get hooked and he calls you a tosser? Or something.

    It feels like every day, someone is trying to neuter the ability to just chill with your mates. Solo queue just feels so tedious and tense in comparison, and I don't think I'd play the game much longer if that's all it offered me.

    I don't understand what you even want. Do you want nobody to care if you ruin games for your fun? Some of us come for a good competitive game within the confines of DbD's rules. That's our fun. You are ruining that. Play properly or go to VRChat or something where you and your buddy can roleplay being idiots without screwing up anyone's experience.

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/260163/any-other-nice-swf-players-tired-of-the-constant-bashing

    I don't understand what you even want. Do you want nobody to care if you ruin games for your fun? Some of us come for a good competitive game within the confines of DbD's rules. That's our fun. You are ruining that. Play properly or go to VRChat or something where you and your buddy can roleplay being idiots without screwing up anyone's experience.

    Counter point: You are one person and we are 2. If YOU leave and go somewhere else where you don't ruin our fun, more people would be happy. See how selfish and obtuse that line of logic is?

    I doubt you can.

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2302477#Comment_2302477

    you don't need data when balance changes and basic knowledge of how the game works make it very obvious that the game is balanced around lower skill players

    you want proof? See the changes to Ruin a few years back, the changes to Hillbilly a few years back, the changes to Nurse a few years back, etc

    @DragonMasterDarren

    I play killer 50% of my time in DBD. And I hardly if ever use Spirit, and I have no desire to play Nurse, and I do not own Freddy. I do just fine in most of my matches against SWF. Do I get a 4K every time? No. But I certainly don’t do much more different than competent solo survivors. Which brings me to believe that it isn’t as big of a deal as some on here would like to believe it is.

    My point is that you can have your own opinion, but when you start to parade a specific statement like “they balance around low rank solo survivors” you better have the data to back it up. Or else it’s just an opinion.

  • @GrimmGaliard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2302502#Comment_2302502

    Counter point: You are one person and we are 2. If YOU leave and go somewhere else where you don't ruin our fun, more people would be happy. See how selfish and obtuse that line of logic is?

    I doubt you can.

    Nope. You have far less ground to stand on. I am playing the game as intended and advertised; you are not. I bought the game to play an asymmetrical multiplayer horror game. You bought it to dick around with your buddy in a corner with pebble.


    You are objectively doing it wrong; I am not.

  • ye like i rarely play swf and legit everytime i dont take it seriously usually bring MoM and throw

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2302508#Comment_2302508

    Nope. You have far less ground to stand on. I am playing the game as intended and advertised; you are not. I bought the game to play an asymmetrical multiplayer horror game. You bought it to dick around with your buddy in a corner with pebble.

    You are objectively doing it wrong; I am not.

    We BOTH escaped that game. I still play it as an asymmetrical horror game, me tossing a pebble to someone on their first hook when I was on my last, wasn't nice but was smart as it was funny. We still got out, but oh boo hoo we didn't play it the way you wanted so I have no ground to stand on?

    First: Learn what objectively means.

    Second: Swf is a feature in the game, so OBJECTIVELY I was playing the game as intended by the devs and using a perk to distract the killer as it's advertised.


    Pathetic. It's my subjective opinion that your salty, entitled responses aren't worth engaging anymore. Go ahead and get the last word, but I won't be feeding you anymore.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2302487#Comment_2302487

    @DragonMasterDarren

    I play killer 50% of my time in DBD. And I hardly if ever use Spirit, and I have no desire to play Nurse, and I do not own Freddy. I do just fine in most of my matches against SWF. Do I get a 4K every time? No. But I certainly don’t do much more different than competent solo survivors. Which brings me to believe that it isn’t as big of a deal as some on here would like to believe it is.

    My point is that you can have your own opinion, but when you start to parade a specific statement like “they balance around low rank solo survivors” you better have the data to back it up. Or else it’s just an opinion.

    and once again data isn't bloody necessary when balance changes and statements from the devs' own mouths make it incredibly obvious that's what they balance the game around

    if they didn't balance it around low level players then every killer would be capable of contending with a tournament squad and neither Ruin nor Billy would have seen the changes they received a while back, and guess what? We live in a world where Ruin was changed to no longer effect skill checks because "it was frustrating for new players", Hillbilly got a pointless overheat because "he was frustrating for new players" and only 3 maybe 6 killers in the roster are capable of dealing with let alone win against a tourney squad

    Seriously with how much you care about data i'd swear you were one of the devs on a alt

  • @GrimmGaliard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2302544#Comment_2302544

    We BOTH escaped that game. I still play it as an asymmetrical horror game, me tossing a pebble to someone on their first hook when I was on my last, wasn't nice but was smart as it was funny. We still got out, but oh boo hoo we didn't play it the way you wanted so I have no ground to stand on?

    First: Learn what objectively means.

    Second: Swf is a feature in the game, so OBJECTIVELY I was playing the game as intended by the devs and using a perk to distract the killer as it's advertised.

    Pathetic. It's my subjective opinion that your salty, entitled responses aren't worth engaging anymore. Go ahead and get the last word, but I won't be feeding you anymore.

    K. I'll take that last word and my W.

1 2 ›