Window vault
Is there a bug or something? I'm really TIRED of getting a hit because I'm running and it vaults slowly like it doesn't care I'm running
is this a new bug?
Is there a bug or something? I'm really TIRED of getting a hit because I'm running and it vaults slowly like it doesn't care I'm running
is this a new bug?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
No it is an intended change. This is from the Patch notes:
"Adjusted the speed thresholds to hit a running vault (fast vault). They should now be more consistent. To hit a running vault, make sure to run straight at the window with at least 2.5 meters of clearance."
Yeah it's weird in some cases for me either.
I completely understand, killers should be buffed, but running straight 2,5 seconds in a line is too ######### up.
Is your opinion.
It's annoying as hell ain't it? Think I'll take a break from the game once I've done the Halloween event stuff when it drops, new patch makes playing Survivor feel too tedious for my liking.
Just need to adjust how you run jungle gyms, some times taking a hit for the momentum to get somewhere else can extend the chase longer than going for the "hope I make it" vault.
No wait, isnt even close 8)
I'm 100% into killer buffs, I really think survivor is the 'easy' mode on this game
but I think is not the way.
Remove pallet loop with bad collisions.
but this is just making unexpected vaults making some chases frustating, I don't like this because seems now quite random because I've been running for like 10 seconds and still I've made a slow vault, if they fix this to work fine I may change my opinion, now I think this is something random and undesirable.
@nemeios if in the past you were getting fast vaults from an angle, that was a bug, as you never should have gotten them. There were cases when someone would hit a window or pallet at 90 degrees and they would get a medium vault. This fix was designed to fix both issues, and it appears that it has.
Oh, seems I get used to that bug because yes, I'm speaking abot 90 degress windows, so now some windows you can't do a fast vault (because there is no way to run on straight line for 2.5 meters)
well, time to get used to this.
Thanks for the clear explanation
I hope the next chapter comes with some creative stealth perks.
Nah, survivor is fine.
Just the window vaults are weird.
You still don't have to fear any killer and can gen rush the ######### outta the killer.
Hello @nemeios !
I am not sure it is what you are experiencing but the window vaulting mechanic for survivors was changed in the Mid-Chapter Update. @Kevvie mentionned the exact patch note line related to this change. Now you need to have clearance and the right angle to get a running vault.
However, there is also a bug going around involving depleting a medkit and being stuck in very slow animations.
I hope this sheds light on your question!
I read a Reddit post by one of developers, as they responded to some one who mentioned they encountered this new Slo-Mo vaulting glitch that can occur. The developer asked for the Perks, Add-Ons and items of the players. They confirmed that there is a bug when it comes to using SC and a Med-Kit that can cause Slo-Mo.
I don't remember what Reddit thread it was in, but I read it like yesterday. Sorry I don't have it.
If this is not what you are talking about then I dunno.
Edit: Ninja'd by a Dev. Rip.
You run a lot faster than 1 m/s
I am not defending the adjustment, it's just strange to me even when running straight for a time, I still sometimes don't get the fast vault.
It's better than before for sure, but a little bit too restricting at least, you cannot really ######### over the killer with waiting at the shack window.
I haven't had too much trouble. I was fast vaulting through Lery's last night like a boss.
But now you have to run straight for a short time in order to the fast vault.
You just wont be able to 360 into a fast vault now which was possible with the system before in order to get fast vaults at those special infinite positions.