Why do you play for so long?

Why do you spend time playing this game? Have you actually thought about how much lifetime you have spent running, killing, hooking, repairing, healing, saving, escaping, winning, losing, feeling nothingness, feeling arrogance, feeling anger, feeling relief. Is it pleasant?

What's so pleasant about it? Do you feel satisfied when you fulfill the in-game goals while can't carry the weight of real life requirements? Do you need any sort of fulfillment? Emotional one? Is the life dull? Social one? Is the life lonely? Do you want to feel special at least somewhere? Do you want people to notice you, be happy around you, be angry because of you? Do you wish being meaningful in someone else's life? Do you wish to be meaningful?

Is it why you play this game for too much? Do you know why do you play? Do you even enjoy the time you spend on it? Ten hours, hundreds, thousand hours. Is it addiction? What lacks out there that you need it in this illusion of reality?

...


Do you even want to answer this?

Comments

  • @SoapNSpook said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2297772#Comment_2297772

    The reasoning behind the post is not it at all. I wonder what happened to people who react to neutral deductions like this one so negatively.

    I was in the middle of fixing a generator when all of a sudden I had a thought. "Why do I want to escape? Why do people want to escape? What's the pleasure here to achieve that goal? Why people play this game? Why do I play this game? Why do I play? Why? Why? Why?"

    The anime just made me ask such questions more, nothing else. Though the comment from @Sonzaishinai really made my thought about my public identity really hard to handle, so I just threw the picture since it suited my emotional state at the moment.

    For clarification i saw this as a joke post and just went along with it.

    Don't take anything i said here to seriously

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    @SoapNSpook

    I hope you do realize that the wording of your opening post comes across as condescending right?

    You have yourself poised as an impartial observer seeking answers from others, continuously questioning about the negatives associated with playing this game, like it's only negatives. Not to mention that simply being on this forum means you play this game yourself, and are thus not impartial, you fail to address this by forgoing any attempt to relate with your own experience. Being both hypocritical and condescending with your final question:

    "Do you even want to answer this?".

    I pointed out that I've been playing for many thousands of hours after a few comments. I've just written all the questioning in my head, nothing more, nothing less, it's like a talk with your inner self.

  • The game is definetely played out for me. But a couple times a year i like to come back, usually in a "good mood" just sneaking around as survivor and enjoying the graphics. Sometimes i get the urge to plant some chainsaws into survivors aswell.

    The times i take this game seriously has been going down though. Rarely do i get back to red ranks, its always the same up there. Same balance issues, same meta, same genrush, same killers, same addons and second chances, i usually quit after a while in the reds. Mostly because there is no reason to compete at highranks, so i go back to balanced fun games.

  • When i'm not being camped by a tunneling leatherface that got mad he couldn't catch me till all gens got finished, or I'm not getting left on hook by anyone below rank 8, or getting gen rushed because I decided to try new perks that didn't involve slowing gens down, or getting beamered on all match, or having game breaking bugs effecting my games. Its a very fun and pleasant game to play considering I like horror and got characters that I like in the game.

  • I need to kill somebody. I NEED TO MURDERRRRRRRR

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    I need to kill somebody. I NEED TO MURDERRRRRRRR

    Is your life this restricting that the only place where you can fully outburst your negative emotions and aggression is this game?

    Does it really help? Are you afraid of unleashing your real feeling in real life?

  • I find it fun, and I don't see the point of this post because surprisingly I am able to play this game and also have a life.

    Crazy, isn't it?

  • @GeneralV said:

    That is a lot of questions, here we go:

    Why do you spend time playing this game?

    Because DBD is my all-time favorite game, one that I will always hold close to my heart, regardless of my current dissatisfaction with it.

    Have you actually thought about how much lifetime you have spent running, killing, hooking, repairing, healing, saving, escaping, winning, losing, feeling nothingness, feeling arrogance, feeling anger, feeling relief. Is it pleasant?

    Yes, I have. And yes, it is pleasant.

    What's so pleasant about it? 

    The uniqueness of this game and the experience it used to provide.

    Do you feel satisfied when you fulfill the in-game goals while can't carry the weight of real life requirements?

    Yes. Real life is boring anyway. Might as well just survive and find enjoyment somewhere else.

    Do you need any sort of fulfillment? Emotional one? Is the life dull? Social one? Is the life lonely?

    Yes, life is dull. And yes, it is lonely. Very lonely sometimes. But if I can't change it, better learn to deal with it.

    Do you want people to notice you, be happy around you, be angry because of you? Do you wish being meaningful in someone else's life? Do you wish to be meaningful?

    I know I probably will never be truly meaningful in someone else's life, so I don't really care.

    Is it why you play this game for too much? Do you know why do you play? Do you even enjoy the time you spend on it? Ten hours, hundreds, thousand hours. Is it addiction? What lacks out there that you need it in this illusion of reality?

    Yes, I have enjoyed every second I've played this game. And, if I could turn back time, I would have started playing DBD as soon as it released. I play it because I love it, because it provides me (or better yet, it used to provide me) with a fun and unique experience that nothing else does.

    Do you even want to answer this?

    I did.

    Bingo. I agree with everything that's stated, though I often dream about quitting. Not out of hatred or anything, but because of personal reasons. I love this game

  • @SoapNSpook said:

    Why do you spend time playing this game? Have you actually thought about how much lifetime you have spent running, killing, hooking, repairing, healing, saving, escaping, winning, losing, feeling nothingness, feeling arrogance, feeling anger, feeling relief. Is it pleasant?

    What's so pleasant about it? Do you feel satisfied when you fulfill the in-game goals while can't carry the weight of real life requirements? Do you need any sort of fulfillment? Emotional one? Is the life dull? Social one? Is the life lonely? Do you want to feel special at least somewhere? Do you want people to notice you, be happy around you, be angry because of you? Do you wish being meaningful in someone else's life? Do you wish to be meaningful?

    Is it why you play this game for too much? Do you know why do you play? Do you even enjoy the time you spend on it? Ten hours, hundreds, thousand hours. Is it addiction? What lacks out there that you need it in this illusion of reality?

    ...

    Do you even want to answer this?

    Weird way to post lol

    Complex multi-player game that has you to risk-reward analysis in the moment. This is for both roles.


    Survivor is just that. Do you prioritize yourself or are you altruistic? Would you lay down your life so that your teammates can survive?


    Killer is just a constant ride. Mind games and strategies have to be tight. You can't just react but have to anticipate based on observed, and not observed, behaviors.

  • Somebody's had a little to much gas cabbage 🌲

1 2 3 ›