Am I the only one who noticed...
More than half of the streamers BHVR is/have supported, practice Unsportsmanlike Behavior...
It's distasteful. Especially when you see a cosmetic in the game designed for them, but blatantly use their high viewer group as a leeway to play so rudely and ruin the other sides' gameplay.
Why is this? I sometimes would stream some and my friends who would linger to see what was going on would be so confused as to why someone's playing uhh... what's that fancy overused word? Oh right... toxic.
Yeah. Toxicity exists in everygame but it's unprofessional to support those who practice it on a business standpoint.
Comments
Boring... First define what you consider "toxic"?.... Playing within the rules of the game but not playing in a friendly manner?... Or breaking the rules, cheating, hacking to be toxic?
Is it... You don't like them to support streamers who.... t-bag?..... DC to much, but not enough to get banned?.... Sabo players?.... Sluggers?..... Being mean to you in chat? What?
Please don't use such a broad term.. since some take the meaning of being TOXIC differently in this game.
Some people think using a emote and pointing at the killer is considered TOXIC...
The thing I find most offensive is the deranking.
Again, from a business standpoints; why support a streamer that gives the game the rep it has?
Why support someone who consistently uses bad manners throughout the playtime?
Why? Tell me. Tell me how it's professional.
The board use of toxic was used as another word for bad manners.
The whole "bullying killers" thing originated from Top Viewer streamers.. Yes, plural on streamers. in a group of friends typically too.
Just explain to me how that's good publicity?
Just be glad one of these Devs didn't think Ochidos toxic ass was worth a customization.
unsportsmanlike is a thing
Commiting bannable offenses and using programs that are not allowed (MLGA) is another thing.
First of all punishing streamers with high viewer numbers would hurt the player base. Dead by daylight is still growing in popularity and becoming bigger. I get what you mean but simply teabagging a player is not enough to ban someone. It's rude but not probably something you would ever get banned for (I imagine).
Also the devs are not responsible for who streams their games and what viewers they have. Dead by daylight has other issues than banning streamers for tea bagging or playing "toxic".
Even after being questioned on it, he didn't mention what toxic behavior he was referring to. Which makes it sound like he's probly upset about flashlight stuns, run by insta heals, and other valid (but often broken) strategies rather than glitch abuse, harassment in post game chat, and actual toxic behavior.
You know....I find it hard to resist saying that you'r a bit naive
Have you heard about I don't know...ancient Rome and the arena fights or Bullfighting in Spain? Watching all this behavior that I predict (as The Bean mentioned you could be more specific) you find "unsportsmanlike" is and always has been a delight for humans, laurels for winners, shame for loosers, that's much more natural than being humble in success that I believe is a foundation of sport for you. Life is brutal and that's the truth, not just some slogan.
tbh half this forum hates streamers for no real reason. People literally wish death upon streamers here, its disturbing.
Survivor main here :pirate:
I've seen streamers have general bad manners ingame (not bannable) but also outside, AKA the endgame chat.
It's just a question as to WHY these streamers are being heavily supported?
I'm not talking about banning them, I'm questioning business decisions. It'd hurt the game banning these streamers (we all know that) but in the way their being supported just brings up redflags about BHVR's priorities.
Can you see what I'm saying?
I have to agree with you . not every streamer does it but the vast majority of them if you pay attension do . Nothing like watching a streamer with a account rank 80-120 with the try hard perks playing in a rank 15 killer or survivor . this is almost as bad as being a p3 in those ranks …
to me it screams of either I have no skill outside of this rank , or my only real skill is playing against people of this rank so I look good …
Oh for sure! You can throw Tru3 in that batch too, along with Puppers and so on. They're all positive vibin' streamers :P
do you legitimately believe there's a vast difference in player skill between purple ranks and red ranks?
so you think a rank 4 and a rank 5 are just totally different? like you actually believe this #########?
i can't speak for survivors, but the only reason to ever derank killer from red to purple would be to get faster queues. the games dont change. now red to green or brown is a different story
Alright answer this then, you seem civil. Do you believe the sole reason I'd derank from say, 1 to 7 is too face weaker survivors?
Where did I ever condone it? I hate that I have to derank to find games in under 10 minutes, its extremely stupid. Granted I'm only dropping to like 7 or 8. I'm not even deranking there for "fun." I'm deranking to play the game AT ALL. My alternatives are wait 10 minutes (this is not an exaggeration on PC) between each game and bore the hell out of my stream, or play survivor and get instant queues. I don't like the situation I'm in either, dude.
Rank doesn't matter in this game because it's too easy to rank and derank. It should be a slow climb to rank up and no ranking down. You either pip or you don't, but you don't depip
I mean, they could just remove depipping all together. Yeah that means some people might get to the high ranks that don't belong there, but it would probably also help queue times. Especially for higher ranks. Plus noob stomping happens every month at rank reset anyway, especially with the way that someone at Rank 15 with 20 hours can be teamed with or against someone at Rank 15 with 1000 hours. Yeah some people smurf just to be ######### but PC queue times at high ranks are a mess most of the time, so if someone has to derank just to be able to play that's on the devs for not making a better matchmaking system.
They are 100% responsible for those they support that stream. By giving their support to said streamer they are saying
1) Their behavior is not just fine but great
2) Their actions and any abuse of gameplay is also great not just ok