How's Everyone's Pride?!

So I hope everyone's having a great pride month! Wish there was bonus XP or some fun thing in the blood wed for it like pride flag offering or something! Or when the killer tries to take you to the hook you can press the active ability button and give the flag to the killer making him drop you and he starts dancing or something fun.

I do love the new charm though!

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304019#Comment_2304019

    Talking about pronouns, I always mess them up on accident. 😓

    One of my friends is non-binary or bisexual, not sure which one it was [sorry, I get some sexualities confused so feel free to correct me], but I have to use They/Them when I reference them. However, I keep messing it up because it's just natural to use masculine / feminine to describe a person. I been getting better at getting it right and I feel so much better because I love acknowledging someone who's different — this isn't just limited to the LBGTQ+ community. ❤

    Non-binary is the one that refers to gender identity! (You can tell that bisexual is the sexuality, because it ends in sexual, like homosexual or pansexual or heterosexual). Non-binary people can use many different pronouns (clearly, your friend prefers they/them).

    Messing up is okay, so long as it isn't on purpose! It takes time to get used to it and you're not expected to always be perfect on it.

    Glad to see your support for the community. It means a lot to me, definitely :D

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304099#Comment_2304099

    I wonder about that... Karu claims he's on excellent terms with the mods in the past, which is concerning. The mods more than likely share the same stances as Karu, they'll defend Karu's behavior.

    Actually, no. I've recieved my warning and jail, as would anyone else, when I have broken rules on these forums and I'll gladly show proof on a different platform if you so desire. The mods are not biased towards me, and if they were then I wouldn't have been warned + jailed. I'm not on excellent terms with the mods, either, and nor have I claimed to be- I've said Rizzo's cats are cute and communicated with Mandy for clarification regarding how the forums work and the rules. I have no affiliation to the other mods or anyone else on the development team.

    Also, I give up on the name thing. I even gave it to you to copy and paste (also I don't really care about the cases lol) but if you wanna keep going with it I physically cannot stop you. :/

    EDIT: I know I said I'd ignore your posts in future but when it comes to not only involving me but trying to discredit the mod team I couldn't just let that one go. Apologies.

    Alright, fine, I'll believe you. Perhaps they won't show you special treatment then, we'll see.

    "EDIT: I know I said I'd ignore your posts in future but when it comes to not only involving me but trying to discredit the mod team I couldn't just let that one go. Apologies."

    Just a reminder that you were the one who had said in a previous argument with me that you're on good terms with them but you "don't call them out unless things are negative" or something along those lines. It was... in the Blight topic, I think. You were the one who made me think this, don't try and pass the puck. If you aren't on good terms or implied you spoke with them on a more friendly basis, I don't know why you said that.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304099#Comment_2304099

    I am not denying that Karu is passive-aggressive sometimes. He even says so himself. But at least in this case he explained why he did so and it was not a personal attack but an attack against the straight pride movement.

    You on the other hand were just attacking Karu personally without contributing anything on the topic.

    even if it was standard etiquette he explicitly asked you -and many others- to call him by the full name. And it’s really not hard to do so. Don’t pretend like it would be oh so long to type when in most cases you wouldn’t even need to type the name at all. You are clearly using his name often to show you are disrespectful and still abbreviating it.

    I shouldn’t try what exactly?

    the mods will not let Karu break forum rules. If they did everyone would be able to see it and they would lose their reputation or even worse. Just because he is on excellent terms with some Of the mods (pretty sure it’s not all of them) doesn’t mean he has any privileges.

    Passive aggressive sometimes? I need to step up my game damn

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304114#Comment_2304114

    Non-binary is the one that refers to gender identity! (You can tell that bisexual is the sexuality, because it ends in sexual, like homosexual or pansexual or heterosexual). Non-binary people can use many different pronouns (clearly, your friend prefers they/them).

    Messing up is okay, so long as it isn't on purpose! It takes time to get used to it and you're not expected to always be perfect on it.

    Glad to see your support for the community. It means a lot to me, definitely :D

    Phew, that's good, we go back pretty far and I don't wanna lose them! ❤

    I'm actually interested in how many sexualities there are! The "+" at the end of LBGTQ+ has gotten me interested. I know I could've searched this up, but I can't be the only one here who's curious in this community! Would love to know what each one is — like, I never heard of Pansexual until I met my friend who was Pansexual! I'm avoiding pronouns just in case I mess up! 😅❤

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304120#Comment_2304120

    Passive aggressive sometimes? I need to step up my game damn

    Well, posting cute animal pics isn’t passive-aggressive, and don’t you dare stop with that!

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304124#Comment_2304124

    Phew, that's good, we go back pretty far and I don't wanna lose him! ❤

    I'm actually interested in how many sexualities there are! The "+" at the end of LBGTQ+ has gotten me interested. I know I could've searched this up, but I can't be the only one here who's curious in this community! Would love to know what each one is — like, I never heard of Pansexual until I met my friend who was Pansexual! I'm avoiding pronouns just in case I mess up! 😅❤

    Don't wanna lose them* :p

    At least I think that's your enby (slang for non-binary) friend you're referring to. If you've gone back a while it'll be even harder to get right but practice makes perfect :)

    And if it's not your enby friend sorry for trying to correct you

    I don't actually know the entire extent of LGBT+, hence why I always use the +. It includes everyone without me trying to memorise the entire acronym that is constantly expanding. I think you may need to rely on Google for that one.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304144#Comment_2304144

    Well, posting cute animal pics isn’t passive-aggressive, and don’t you dare stop with that!

    Damn the one thing I don't wanna change

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304120#Comment_2304120

    And I explained why Karu is under fire.

    "even if it was standard-"

    Okay, let's get this established:

    1. I'm NOT going to be referring to Karu as "GoodBoyKaru", case sensitive, several times throughout all of my posts. Period. A nickname that SHORTENS is understandable. A nickname that lengthens is not efficient, especially on a message BOARD. This is a easily preventable issue that Karu should have prevented. If Karu has major issues with something like this, then they need to be seeking help, not expecting others to accommodate them.
    2. Yes, it WOULD be hard if I'm doing it several times, actually.
    3. "Many others" did not say this, only you and Karu up til this point did.

    And you shouldn't try to say these are the same. They aren't.

    "Just because he is on excellent terms-"

    Yeah, see, this I can't believe, because people are known to see the perspectives of those they are friends with. it's exactly why people complain about others who are "friends with mods". Because mods are more likely to see their friend's POV OR side with their friend to avoid pissing them off.

    We'll see. I'll take your word on this, but if I find my account banned, I'll know this is wrong. The mods won't get punished either, Karu is popular on these forums. I'm actually punching up.

    If referring to me GoodBoyKaru is much too difficult please shorten it to GBK (doesn't matter with cases). It works for both of us because if I could have a 2nd name change this is what I'd make it to.

    I didn't accommodate for serious unforeseeable things to come up in my life and ruin the name Karu for me when used by strangers and cannot change it again due to forum policy.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304147#Comment_2304147

    Don't wanna lose them* :p

    At least I think that's your enby (slang for non-binary) friend you're referring to. If you've gone back a while it'll be even harder to get right but practice makes perfect :)

    And if it's not your enby friend sorry for trying to correct you

    I don't actually know the entire extent of LGBT+, hence why I always use the +. It includes everyone without me trying to memorise the entire acronym that is constantly expanding. I think you may need to rely on Google for that one.

    My sincere apologies, I swear I'm trying! Had to proof read this before posting so that I didn't make the same mistake! 😭

    Going to edit that so that they are properly acknowledged! 🏳️‍🌈


    Ah, okay, fair enough, I just like seeing the community expanding! I find it cool that more and more people are different [if you couldn't tell, I LOVE people]! ❤

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304168#Comment_2304168

    My sincere apologies, I swear I'm trying! Had to proof read this before posting so that I didn't make the same mistake! 😭

    Going to edit that so that they are properly acknowledged! 🏳️‍🌈

    Ah, okay, fair enough, I just like seeing the community expanding! I find it cool that more and more people are different [if you couldn't tell, I LOVE people]! ❤

    Once again king, dropped your crown 👑

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304156#Comment_2304156

    That's not something to be proud of. At all.

    Actually, you're confessing to insulting others and other negative attributes... which sounds like this should be enough to place you on a watch list for the mods imo.

    And to confirm, you are saying you are LGBT? You say "me included" but you also said you were straight earlier, if I recall correctly?

    And I've made this quite now clear: This is a forum, where people's names are used several times. You shouldn't expect special privileges because of some issues you have IRL. You should have either chosen a different name or, better yet, seek some sort of help. Because this sounds like something very, very worrisome.

    I'm a guy, I go by he/him, I have a boyfriend, and am flaminhly gay. I've always said I'm gay so I don't know where you got me being straight from.

    And I am trying to find help however it's hard when past trauma arises from people trying to "help" professionally. Combine that with the covid lockdown and it's gotten incredibly difficult to bring myself to get help.

    But, again, GBK if that's easier. Please.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304174#Comment_2304174

    If referring to me GoodBoyKaru is much too difficult please shorten it to GBK (doesn't matter with cases). It works for both of us because if I could have a 2nd name change this is what I'd make it to.

    I didn't accommodate for serious unforeseeable things to come up in my life and ruin the name Karu for me when used by strangers and cannot change it again due to forum policy.

    A issue with GBK is that it can be confused for a perk acronym, but fine. I'll try and see if it will work. "Karu" sounds like a unique and specific nickname name, which is why I defaulted to this without knowing anything about you originally.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304182#Comment_2304182

    A issue with GBK is that it can be confused for a perk acronym, but fine. I'll try and see if it will work. "Karu" sounds like a unique and specific nickname name, which is why I defaulted to this without knowing anything about you originally.

    And yet after asking several times to stop you seem to go out of your way to specifically use it in place of other pronouns but I digress.

    GBK isn't a perk acronym, and won't be for a while. Furthermore if you're referring to me, or a conversation with me in, people will understand the context. Or, I hope so anyway.

    Thank you.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304190#Comment_2304190

    I'm a guy, I go by he/him, I have a boyfriend, and am flaminhly gay. I've always said I'm gay so I don't know where you got me being straight from.

    And I am trying to find help however it's hard when past trauma arises from people trying to "help" professionally. Combine that with the covid lockdown and it's gotten incredibly difficult to bring myself to get help.

    But, again, GBK if that's easier. Please.

    -sighs- Well, forgive me then, I never saw anything about you being gay. In fact, I probably had you mixed up for someone else.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304120#Comment_2304120

    And I explained why Karu is under fire.

    "even if it was standard-"

    Okay, let's get this established:

    1. I'm NOT going to be referring to Karu as "GoodBoyKaru", case sensitive, several times throughout all of my posts. Period. A nickname that SHORTENS is understandable. A nickname that lengthens is not efficient, especially on a message BOARD. This is a easily preventable issue that Karu should have prevented. If Karu has major issues with something like this, then they need to be seeking help, not expecting others to accommodate them.
    2. Yes, it WOULD be hard if I'm doing it several times, actually.
    3. "Many others" did not say this, only you and Karu up til this point did.

    And you shouldn't try to say these are the same. They aren't.

    "Just because he is on excellent terms-"

    Yeah, see, this I can't believe, because people are known to see the perspectives of those they are friends with. it's exactly why people complain about others who are "friends with mods". Because mods are more likely to see their friend's POV OR side with their friend to avoid pissing them off.

    We'll see. I'll take your word on this, but if I find my account banned, I'll know this is wrong. The mods won't get punished either, Karu is popular on these forums. I'm actually punching up.

    1. goodboykaru. It’s not really that long and no one said it has to be case sensitive.
    2. You don’t have to do it several times. There are pronouns after all, and i don’t know if you noticed but I never even once used your name at all.
    3. ‚many others‘ were asked by Karu that they refer to him by his full name ‚GoodBoyKaru‘ - you misunderstood me there. Just wanted to point out this is something that he has explicitly asked many people to do. He has his reasons and it is disrespectful to continue to use the abbreviation of he asks someone not to do it.

    actually, while not the same it’s still comparable.


    and just for the record, your account getting banned wouldn’t prove anything but the mods doing their job. Or do you think you now have immunity because you accused them of being biased? You (or Karu or anyone) break the rules then you get warned/jailed/banned accordingly. There are also many mods and they can help eachother to stay objective in these matters.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2304196#Comment_2304196

    -sighs- Well, forgive me then, I never saw anything about you being gay. In fact, I probably had you mixed up for someone else.

    Definitely must have, since several times in this thread I've talked about being gay

  • Is that a bad thing? Not sure what's that's in reference to!

    *Scared screeching noises*

  • Cleaning up and closing this thread, as the last several pages have been very argumentative and off-topic. Please remember to keep comments civil and respectful, this includes towards other members of the forum. And lastly, as a reminder and already stated, a person's identity is not a political matter.

1 2 3 4 ›