Help me pick out new DLC!

I picked up this game for free several years back through PSplus, and to my surprise I'm still playing it today, bugs and glitches and criticisms aside. Throughout those years I've only bought two DLC packs, both on sale, so I figured it's time to actually spend a bit on this game and mix up my roster with some new characters. I have enough auric cells left over from what I already chose to buy 3 or 4 individual characters, and can't fully decide who to get.

I'm purple/green rank who mainly plays survivor but has started playing more killer from time to time. Here's the DLC characters I have so far:

Survivors:

Ash Williams

Steve Harrington

Nancy Wheeler

Adam Francis


Killers:

The Spirit

The Nightmare

The Demogorgon

The Trickster

I also have the DLC packs that came bundled with the console version that I guess were separate on PC, I think the Doctor and the Hag's packs?

*Also, please don't recommend the resi evil characters, since they are brand new and not on sale there's no point in buying them separately with auric cells right now.

Comments

  • Spirit, Demogorgon, Steve and Ash or Nancy.



    EDIT: Nevermind, i missread.

  • @Ruma said:

    Spirit, Demogorgon, Steve and Ash or Nancy.

    Haha, I already gotchu. Haven't tried Demo yet, but Spirit is my fave killer and Steve is now my fave survivor. Great choices!

  • @YokaiPhaseshift said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2285805#Comment_2285805

    Haha, I already gotchu. Haven't tried Demo yet, but Spirit is my fave killer and Steve is now my fave survivor. Great choices!

    Alright, another list!


    Michael or Ghostface (I would go for Michael because he got funny Builds but its also fun to Meme with Ghostface, also he is a bit stronger imo)

    Pyramid Head or Deathslinger (Hard to tell which one i would choose.. I love both!)

    Blight or Oni (I would go for Blight)


    And Cheryl or Yui

  • Yeah Doctor and Hag packs come along with the console version 😊. I'd suggest maybe Curtain call (Kate and Clown pack) cause Clown is quite easy to play as, especially if you're not used to playing the killer role that much and he has a some good perks as well.

    Although if you prefer playing as survivor I'd say you already have characters with good perks so you can go just with a character you like visually...maybe Felix if you like playing as male survivors? He's been my favorite for some time so yeaha chapter that includes him (forgot the name) isn't a bad choice.

  • Just buy them all like I did. Problem solved. I got everything for like $70-$80 bucks.

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2285823#Comment_2285823

    Alright, another list!

    Michael or Ghostface (I would go for Michael because he got funny Builds but its also fun to Meme with Ghostface, also he is a bit stronger imo)

    Pyramid Head or Deathslinger (Hard to tell which one i would choose.. I love both!)

    Blight or Oni (I would go for Blight)

    And Cheryl or Yui

    Awesome, so here's what I'm thinking:

    I was thinking of picking up Ghostface bc I wanted a stealth driven killer, and it seems like a lot of people really like his perks on him and other killers.

    I did try Mike a while back before they retired splinters, and he was kind of fun, but I didn't get to try him enough before they were gone to make a full decision, so he was also a maybe.

    I was looking at Pyramid head too for a different style ranged killer. His torment thing seems kind of fun to mess with.

    Deathslinger is gonna be a no for me though, since I play on console and I'm pretty bad at FPS controls in general. Blight is prolly also out too for similar reasons.

    I kinda like Yui's perks, I think I'll look at her again. Cheryl's persk seems weird, and I don't think I fully understand how some of them work, like soul guard. Would you say she is pretty strong with her default perks?

  • @kucerka said:

    Yeah Doctor and Hag packs come along with the console version 😊. I'd suggest maybe Curtain call (Kate and Clown pack) cause Clown is quite easy to play as, especially if you're not used to playing the killer role that much and he has a some good perks as well.

    Although if you prefer playing as survivor I'd say you already have characters with good perks so you can go just with a character you like visually...maybe Felix if you like playing as male survivors? He's been my favorite for some time so yeaha chapter that includes him (forgot the name) isn't a bad choice.

    I personally don't like playing against the clown very much, so I'm not sure I would like playing as him either. As for Kate, I already have two of her perks bought from the shrine (dance with me, boil over), so I feel like it's not worth it to buy her. Same with detective tapp, who I wanted to buy and then realized I already have two of his perks from the shine, so now I'm reconsidering. I feel like it's more worth the money to pick a survivor with three completley new perks to use.

    I will take a look at Felix though! Desperate measures in particular looks like it could be super handy in matches where players are constantly injured. My main surv is Feng Min, but I cycle through all of them pretty often now, so there's no gender preference.

    Edit: Ooh, but that Pop perk on Clown. I missed that when it was in shrine, and I really want it... Also, I haven't really gotten any matches since the Clown's major rework, so maybe he's better now than he used to be?

  • Leatherface for the teachable bbq and chilli. It makes the blood point grind bearable. Survivor side I would say stranger things for Nancy and steve. 2 for the price of one.

  • @YokaiPhaseshift said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2285856#Comment_2285856

    Awesome, so here's what I'm thinking:

    I was thinking of picking up Ghostface bc I wanted a stealth driven killer, and it seems like a lot of people really like his perks on him and other killers.

    I did try Mike a while back before they retired splinters, and he was kind of fun, but I didn't get to try him enough before they were gone to make a full decision, so he was also a maybe.

    I was looking at Pyramid head too for a different style ranged killer. His torment thing seems kind of fun to mess with.

    Deathslinger is gonna be a no for me though, since I play on console and I'm pretty bad at FPS controls in general. Blight is prolly also out too for similar reasons.

    I kinda like Yui's perks, I think I'll look at her again. Cheryl's persk seems weird, and I don't think I fully understand how some of them work, like soul guard. Would you say she is pretty strong with her default perks?

    Cheryls perks are definitely better than Yuis.

    Blight and Deathslinger really arent that hard on console, i also play on PS5. I even main Nurse.


    If you go for Ghostface you need to pick up Pyramid Head too since one of Ghostface's perks (i am all ears) is pretty good on Pyramid Head.

  • @YokaiPhaseshift said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2285860#Comment_2285860

    I personally don't like playing against the clown very much, so I'm not sure I would like playing as him either. As for Kate, I already have two of her perks bought from the shrine (dance with me, boil over), so I feel like it's not worth it to buy her. Same with detective tapp, who I wanted to buy and then realized I already have two of his perks from the shine, so now I'm reconsidering. I feel like it's more worth the money to pick a survivor with three completley new perks to use.

    I will take a look at Felix though! Desperate measures in particular looks like it could be super handy in matches where players are constantly injured. My main surv is Feng Min, but I cycle through all of them pretty often now, so there's no gender preference.

    Edit: Ooh, but that Pop perk on Clown. I missed that when it was in shrine, and I really want it... Also, I haven't really gotten any matches since the Clown's major rework, so maybe he's better now than he used to be?

    Clown go better but still insnt that great compared to others. His perks are awesome tho.


    (As far as i know Clown is bugged right now and his power doesnt work)

  • @DraconDirnc said:

    Leatherface for the teachable bbq and chilli. It makes the blood point grind bearable. Survivor side I would say stranger things for Nancy and steve. 2 for the price of one.

    Already got Nancy and Steve, and BBQ from the shrine, so I'm good to go!

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2285897#Comment_2285897

    Clown go better but still insnt that great compared to others. His perks are awesome tho.

    (As far as i know Clown is bugged right now and his power doesnt work)

    Oof, that's a bummer. Hope he gets fixed soon.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/258905/help-me-pick-out-new-dlc

    Ok well...You can grind out trickster and spirit for free. So that leaves demo and Freddy. They're both strong and it all depends on what you want.

    Freddy - Has a teleport from gen to gen. Snares that help end loops. And you can use pallets over snares. And it's hilarious seeing survivors loop you around a fake pallet just to get merked

    Demo - Has a slightly worse teleport. But you can place them wherever you want. Has a shred that breaks pallets fast. Crazy zoning because of the shred. The shred helps you get hits you wouldn't otherwise

    Already got them all, but thank you!

  • @YokaiPhaseshift said:

    I picked up this game for free several years back through PSplus, and to my surprise I'm still playing it today, bugs and glitches and criticisms aside. Throughout those years I've only bought two DLC packs, both on sale, so I figured it's time to actually spend a bit on this game and mix up my roster with some new characters. I have enough auric cells left over from what I already chose to buy 3 or 4 individual characters, and can't fully decide who to get.

    I'm purple/green rank who mainly plays survivor but has started playing more killer from time to time. Here's the DLC characters I have so far:

    Survivors:

    Ash Williams

    Steve Harrington

    Nancy Wheeler

    Adam Francis

    Killers:

    The Spirit

    The Nightmare

    The Demogorgon

    The Trickster

    I also have the DLC packs that came bundled with the console version that I guess were separate on PC, I think the Doctor and the Hag's packs?

    *Also, please don't recommend the resi evil characters, since they are brand new and not on sale there's no point in buying them separately with auric cells right now.

    Demise of the Faithful has some of the best teachable perks out of all the chapters. Infectious, head on etc just to name a few. I’m not a huge Plague fan personally but even dark devotion is a decent perk.. niche but still good.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/258905/help-me-pick-out-new-dlc

    I would just buy the killers that you want. Survivors aren't really worth it unless you only play survivor

    I used to think that too, but since I do play survivor significantly more I figured it wouldn't hurt to pick up a couple new ones.

  • Plague or Oni. A challenge to learn, fun to play. Especially Oni, he’s a very balanced Killer imo.

    Survivors: Felix, Desperate Measures is one of my most favorite perks. Built-to-Last is okay, depending on the build.

    Plus, most people I see often swoon over Felix soo.. there’s that.