DBD story mode and scenarios

So despite all the negativity surrounding the re chapter and the last 2 chapters i have had something positive ive wanted to post about for awhile now. The new tutorials have made me come back to thinking about it.


I played the dbd tutorial because im a completionist and was shocked at how good the ai was. Unironically, I'm serious.... I did not expect the AI to be able to at least simulate a semi normal match at rank 20 in dbd. So this got me thinking about the story mode concept. What if Behavior hired better ai designers and used assets from all maps to create a solo and multiplayer story mode using all the killers and the lore surrounding dbd? I would love it.

I imagine it using the archives cutscenes to tell the tale between different scenarios and present them as trials. It would help if survivors had more then 1 objective. Idk how far down the road that may be but I think its one of the only features this game is missing. Then on top of that I think once they've made that they could create weekly scenarios for bp or iri shards.

Your thoughts?

Comments

  • I would love to have improved survivor AI. A start would be them using perks, maybe difficulty settings that affect the survivors hitting skillchecks, how soon they run in the terror radius, and prioritizing gens over heals.

    Also, it would be a nice way to gain BP aside from public matches.

  • You could have a story mode for survivor of them having to go through trials against a certain number of killers and killers would have to go through different groups of survivors. Add in a small cinematic between trials and that could be a really fun game mode. Actually, every future dlc could come with a small continuation of the story mode.

    A story mode could really help this game.