Fair solution to DC Penalties until Hotfix 5.0.a

Temporarily limit the maximum disconnect penalty to an hour.

A penalty that long should be long enough to deter most players from quitting on purpose while being short enough to not excessively penalize players who experience crashes.

Comments

  • No complaints there. I wasn't a big fan of the idea somebody else had of completely shutting them off for now though, that will not do.

  • i think it should always have a cap of 1 hour tbh. the game crashes way too much, even before this chapter, to justify 24hr - 1 week long bans.

  • It takes a LOT of dc's to get to a week long one. I would temporarily hold it at an hour for now until everything is worked out but once it is, reimplement it. Keeps people from ruining my matches.

  • Game crahsed again. May as well post here while I wait out the 15 minutes. Guess it's what I get for "ruining other's fun." The other 3 had to finish an unfairly balanced match without me because I chose to play DbD while the possible risk of crashes was present. Punish me!

  • Typically, I'd be against reducing any dc penalty, but if it is really as bad as people here say it is, perhaps they should disable completely until they get the issue resolved?

  • 30 minutes seems fine to me