Survivor perk: Bag of Sand
Ok, this may be OP and I understand that, but I really like the concept. It‘s essentially sandbagging yourself to help out a teammate (thus the name)! Anyway I’m trying to balance it out with some pretty severe negatives, but I’m always open to suggestions. Here goes!
Bag of Sand
Activate Bag of Sand when an injured teammate is facing certain death. For 6/8/10 seconds after activation, any attack that would normally down a teammate anywhere on the map will instead give them Deep Wound. This will cause you to scream, receive a Deep Wound, and become Broken and Hindered for 60 seconds.
You can absorb a maximum of 2 such attacks per match. If you activate Bag of Sand and another survivor does NOT take damage while it’s active, then the perk must cool down for 60 seconds before you can try again.
Comments
It should injure you as well.
Also, this sounds a bit like old MoM. Not a lot, but there are similarities in purpose.
When you take the Deep Wound, that injures you. I assume that always the case, but I’m glad you brought this up so I could clarify.
You’ll protect the teammate and then have to “‘mend’. Afterward you’re still injured. Along with this you’re broken and hindered, and the killer knows your general location based on your scream. (To clarify further, the scream should produce a loud noise notification bubble).
High risk!
Questions, how strong is the hindered effect,
can you activate it while injured / broken / deepwounded
can it become active on you while you are deepwounded aka make the first survivor take 6 extra hits in a chase since you can activate it on them repeatedly
Very good questions and thank you for askingI I hadn’t considered this aspect of things.
I think the requirement to be healthy is one of the main reasons that the perk For The People is so rarely used. Therefore I’d say that yes, this can be used while injured — BUT, to offset potential abuse like you’d described, let’s say there’s a 60-second cooldown EVERY time it’s activated, regardless of whether you successfully absorb a hit for someone.
here is my suggest form for the perk to take for the sake of balance
Bag of sand
Twice per game you may activate bag of sand when a teammate is injured, for the next 8/10/12 seconds if an injured survivor takes damage they become deep wounded and you become broken for 60 seconds and deep wounded, in addition both you and the other survivor suffer a 5% hindered effect until downed, Bag of sand has a global 90 second cooldown whenever it is activated successfully and a 22/20/18 second global cooldown when unsuccessfully activated, unsuccessful activations still consume a use from the perk. You cannot use this perk on yourself.
List of changes
Stated the hindered effect made it apply to both survivors and increased the duration until when the survivor becomes downed so the survivor is marginally weaker until they are cleared of the effect (which can be slightly played around since the deep wound affect can allow you to down yourself and pick yourself up with teammates or other effects)
Increased the successful cooldown and decreased unsuccessful cooldown and made them global (if its on cooldown for one survivor its on cooldown for all survivors) this is to force uses of the perk to be more spread out throughout the trial
Limited the usage of the perks to 2 uses whether successful or not since its a strong effect
Slightly Increased duration of the effect to compensate for the stronger downsides
I was expecting a decent sandbagging perk from the title but this doesn't help me kill my teammates. Disappointing
You should be healthy and outside of terror radius.
And what if you can only protect survivor, that healed you before?
So basically you run bond and this, and any time a teammate is about to get downed you pop it. Seems a little over the top to me.