Why do you have that mania of going back to a hook if someone doesn't come to rescue?

This is as if it were a type of concern like Killer when you hook someone and you go to see if there is someone hiding when there really is no one, you go back to the hook and they still do not come to rescue? I speculate that many do and I have also done it from time to time, why does that happen? is it part of the strategy or is it just camping or worrying about being rescued and finishing a generator when you got a chance to go kick it.

Comments

  • The closer to a hook stage a survivor is, the more likely other survivors will be near.

  • Because camping is "META" now,because killers have the belief that everyone is SWF,because they watch too many streams and read too much the forums where they say "if you play fair you're gonna lose"

  • I'm defending my hook!

    How dare anyone come to save!

    Entitled Survivors, smh.

  • @Quake said:

    Because camping is "META" now,because killers have the belief that everyone is SWF,because they watch too many streams and read too much the forums where they say "if you play fair you're gonna lose"

    I mean, if you go for someone new everytime and try to 12-hook the game, you will lose unless the Survivors are incompetent.

  • If I finish my patrol and don't find anyone, and the guy on the hook is approaching second stage, then of course I'll head back. Basic logic.

  • Because it's guaranteed value.

    I can get an easy trade, which gives me more pressure, since the person who was just unhooked is unlikely to go for the save on their rescuer.

  • I'll do it if I feel like I'm against gen efficient survivors that like to get the most out of hook states.

    Like, they work on gens for 40 seconds and then go save at the last 20.

    At that point. I'd rather secure the hook state/kill.

  • @Mr_K said:

    The closer to a hook stage a survivor is, the more likely other survivors will be near.

    Pretty much, no real reason not to confirm a kill or second state if you are not going far out of your way to do it.

    People save so fast in my games I usually hook someone, go try to find a gen to pop, then immediately go back and collect a free hit during the unhook.

    I will have like a 3 gen and a hook in the first minute of the game, corrupt still active, with the other gen literally across the map and people will be like “reee killer camped instead of going across the map to try and kick the gen that’s going to be finished before I can get there anyways”

    Or I’m wandering around after getting a hook, unable to find anyone, and then go back to an unhook for lack of a better idea and I’ll watch some twitch streamer be like “is this guy really tunneling right now?!” And I’m like yeah, yeah I am. It will take me 10 seconds to go back to the hook and get another chase and I don’t think I’m finding another one wandering the map faster than that.

  • Well it's kinda simple: if the survivor's close to 2nd stage or death hook, the killer's probably gonna go back to punish survivors for not saving and just sitting on gens. Survivors now have to trade or let the person go to next stage.

  • @Quake said:

    Because camping is "META" now,because killers have the belief that everyone is SWF,because they watch too many streams and read too much the forums where they say "if you play fair you're gonna lose"

    If I "play fair" I get an average of 3 hooks. And most of my opponents are on each others friends lists.